User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 05:50 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Back at Barr Nunn..here is how its going........

Well i went back to orientation last week, got out and delivered a couple of loads and didnt get a full week in due to having to re-run the clerical process of orientation. Well this was my first full week back after a couple of months off of the road all together. Things started back for me right like they left off for me when i left. A good solid week. I am runing Southeastern hometime regional now instead of their OTR division so i am suppossed to get weekends home now. Well i started off with a couple of pretty short runs but managed to salvage just under 2700 miles for the week and still got home on a saturday after leaving early on a monday morning. i grossed out over $1000 for the week just like i left off in july. i know this can drop off and disapear at any point but so far Barr Nunn is serving me well. As usual i ran into drivers only getting 1300-1500 miles on their week, and yes i had a few of those weeks before but overall i made lots of money and i just cant figure out how some of these drivers are getting this low on a weekly basis. I am already in route and pre-planned for 1300 miles through tuesday after i leave back out early monday morning. I know every compnay has their ups and downs and all drivers get a few bad weeks and complain but overall Barr Nunn has been EXTREMELY profitable to me. Just thought I would throw this out there since every once in awhile I see a Barr Nunn thread pop up.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Im glad you posted this and im glad they are working out so well for you again! Ive been debating real hard about going with barr nunn and im a little leary about jumping ship and doing it. With all the bad posts about miles and such. They make everything sound great and seems to me they have the best overall driver package that I have seen in a company. The only thing I really havent been able to get a straight answer on is average LOH for OTR division. They really stress the short haul band pay it seems, is that because they dispatch a LOT of short hauls?
Old 11-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Been toying with the idea of putting a truck on at Barr-Nunn. Have talked with a number of drivers, past and present, who gave Barr-Nunn good marks overall. OOIDA has no complaints on them and their SafeSat score is pretty good... 39 last I checked.

Illinois would be a good place to be out of with them from what I have determined regarding their customer base.

Whichever way you choose... Good Luck!
Old 11-11-2007, 02:21 PM

Thanks for the reply. A little off topic but man that littly guy in your avatar is one creepy lookin dude :shock:
Old 11-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbedder
Thanks for the reply. A little off topic but man that littly guy in your avatar is one creepy lookin dude :shock:
Shhhhhhh....you're supposed to tell people how cute their new babies are.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Back at Barr Nunn..here is how its going........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagerbomber
Well i went back to orientation last week, got out and delivered a couple of loads and didnt get a full week in due to having to re-run the clerical process of orientation. Well this was my first full week back after a couple of months off of the road all together. Things started back for me right like they left off for me when i left. A good solid week. I am runing Southeastern hometime regional now instead of their OTR division so i am suppossed to get weekends home now. Well i started off with a couple of pretty short runs but managed to salvage just under 2700 miles for the week and still got home on a saturday after leaving early on a monday morning. i grossed out over $1000 for the week just like i left off in july. i know this can drop off and disapear at any point but so far Barr Nunn is serving me well. As usual i ran into drivers only getting 1300-1500 miles on their week, and yes i had a few of those weeks before but overall i made lots of money and i just cant figure out how some of these drivers are getting this low on a weekly basis. I am already in route and pre-planned for 1300 miles through tuesday after i leave back out early monday morning. I know every compnay has their ups and downs and all drivers get a few bad weeks and complain but overall Barr Nunn has been EXTREMELY profitable to me. Just thought I would throw this out there since every once in awhile I see a Barr Nunn thread pop up.
I've got a friend driving for them and is perfectly satisfied with the company. He's getting good miles and a decent check EVERY week.

You may know him. He's about 6'8" and 375+. Names Jamie C.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:02 PM

Glad you're doing so well your first week back,you must have gotten the loads I was suppose to get,again this week I only goit 1028 and they sent me home thursday and picking up a load monday at 1300 going to Atlanta,so I'll be off to another great start for the week,167 miles,I'm giving my notice monday and hope they tell me I can just go on up to Charlotte and turn my truck in,if I talk to 10 drivers, 2 or 3 are getting decent miles,so they must have an elete group they take care of,me, I'm joining the ones that don't get 6 months in before they quit,I'll admit Barr-Nunn has some good perks for drivers and I thought I'd found the company I was going to stay with,but after about 6 weeks miles started dropping bad,what good is 42cpm if you only get 12-1500 miles per week? And if half the drivers quit that say, they have to,then there'll be plenty of empty trucks to go around.Good luck to you and all the others that head your way to Barr-Nunn :cry:
Old 11-11-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbedder
Im glad you posted this and im glad they are working out so well for you again! Ive been debating real hard about going with barr nunn and im a little leary about jumping ship and doing it. With all the bad posts about miles and such. They make everything sound great and seems to me they have the best overall driver package that I have seen in a company. The only thing I really havent been able to get a straight answer on is average LOH for OTR division. They really stress the short haul band pay it seems, is that because they dispatch a LOT of short hauls?

The length of haul is kinda hit or miss depending on where you are at really. They are really concentrating alot on higher paying shorter dedicated accounts and that is where alot of that short run stuff comes from, I dont really mind it that much, its really not to bad getting 450-500 mile drop and hook runs everyday. And the band pay thing is great and really does help...band pay starts at any run under 550 miles. I got one the other day with about 53 dead head miles and 549 loaded miles...i got an extra .02 per mile for the loaded miles because the load was one mile under the band pay cut off. i had alot of short ones this week but it added up...I am on the southeastern regional hometime now so my CPM is lower than it was on OTR...I am at .35 cpm but because of band pay i ended up averaging close to .40 cpm for the week.

when i was running OTR i was averaging over .40cpm for the whole year some weeks my average came out to about .43 it can add up fast when they have you rolling.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadawg
Glad you're doing so well your first week back,you must have gotten the loads I was suppose to get,again this week I only goit 1028 and they sent me home thursday and picking up a load monday at 1300 going to Atlanta,so I'll be off to another great start for the week,167 miles,I'm giving my notice monday and hope they tell me I can just go on up to Charlotte and turn my truck in,if I talk to 10 drivers, 2 or 3 are getting decent miles,so they must have an elete group they take care of,me, I'm joining the ones that don't get 6 months in before they quit,I'll admit Barr-Nunn has some good perks for drivers and I thought I'd found the company I was going to stay with,but after about 6 weeks miles started dropping bad,what good is 42cpm if you only get 12-1500 miles per week? And if half the drivers quit that say, they have to,then there'll be plenty of empty trucks to go around.Good luck to you and all the others that head your way to Barr-Nunn :cry:
I hate to hear its going so badly for you, like i said i really have no explanation for it. i dont understand why everyone is not getting what I am getting. I was sitting at Washington Courthouse waiting for my split load home and had a driver pull in that was in your same situation but at the same time 2 others came in that were making out good like me...i dont get it. I hope everything works out for ya or you find something that suits you better, i know from the experience at my 2 previous companies that it is impossible to live or be happy when getting bean money mileage like that.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:05 PM

In the beginning things couldn't have been better,then miles dropped off,sitting more than 2 hrs to get loaded,same or worse getting unloaded,my TL never has an answer for me on anything I ask,he has to check with planner or Troy, I went straight to Troy and didn't ask him anything concerning my problems,with waiting so long and miles. I just know I can't pay my bills on 2-3 hundred a week,in all the companies I've worked for(4 in all plus B N)this co. has the worse planners and dispatchers I've ever worked with,so made up my mine and decided to get my best hat and leave,pull up,hit the trail,just hunt for something else,I know they're all about the same, but, if I'm making decent money, I can tolarate a lot,