User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyCat
weasel, do they hire nationally? I'm in richmond, va.
MoneyCat yes Bynum hires nationwide and if you live outside of Florida you do take the truck home with you.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
.28 cpm to pull a thermos? You gotta be kidding me. Where do they find these guys?

There's much better $$$$ for tanker work if you know where to look. And that's the real key. I see so many guys working for peanuts in this biz when they could easily be doing better somewhere else. You just have to know where to look. A lot of folks are out there to just hobo around and they really don't care how much they make. They're the ones who drive down the wages/rates for the rest of us who DO.
CFM I don't know where you obtain your information and don't particularly care. but your way off the cpm. as a 22 yr. veteran in the trucking industry I for one do Care about this industry and what goes on in and around it. CFM with just a little research you could find information on what really holds driver pay to a minimum with most commercial carriers. If your a driver be safe out there.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
shut your pie hole CFM. he sounds happy about his job. not everyone wants to do what you do, live with it. some guys enjoy doing what you hate, it does not make them bad or the industry that supports you bad. it is for damn sure not hurting your rates.
thanx jedfxg you said it.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by One
Wow, lots of short trips and a couple of longer ones...is getting loaded/unloaded quicker when pulling a tank?
Keep it coming!
One
with my short experience with food grade tanker I have seen that I personally do get loaded and unloaded quicker 98% of the time than I ever did pulling a dry van or reefer, I did haul oversize heavy equipment for a number of years and the load and unload time there I feel can't be beat.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Rookie

Well 2 months in the bag with Bynum, again I feel they treated me pretty good out there. My 2nd month went as follows. pick up loaded tank at home terminal ( Auburndale, FL. to houston, tx. unload. then from houston, tx. deadhead to mcallen, tx. drop & hook loaded tank. then from mcallen, tx. to atlanta, ga. unload. then from atlanta, ga. deadhead to home terminal auburndale, fl. drop & hook clean tank. then from auburndale, fl. deadhead to clewiston, fl. to get loaded. then from clewiston, fl. to dinuba, ca. unload. then from dinuba, ca. deadhead to flowler,ca. wash tank. then deadhead to bakersfield, ca. to load. then from bakersfield, ca. to marlboro ,ny. unload. then from marlboro, ny. deadhead to ionia, mi. wash tank. then from ionia, mi. deadhead to ravenna, mi. to load. then from ravenna, mi. to laurel, md. unload. then from laurel, md. to new castle, de. wash tank. then load around the corner in new castle, de. then from new castle, de. to mountian home, nc. unload. then from mountian home, nc. deadhead to home terminal auburndale, fl. for home time.

well guys and gals ya'll come back now ya hear. gotta go spend some with the family, take care and be safe out there. Weasle.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasle
Well 2 months in the bag with Bynum, again I feel they treated me pretty good out there. My 2nd month went as follows. pick up loaded tank at home terminal ( Auburndale, FL. to houston, tx. unload. then from houston, tx. deadhead to mcallen, tx. drop & hook loaded tank. then from mcallen, tx. to atlanta, ga. unload. then from atlanta, ga. deadhead to home terminal auburndale, fl. drop & hook clean tank. then from auburndale, fl. deadhead to clewiston, fl. to get loaded. then from clewiston, fl. to dinuba, ca. unload. then from dinuba, ca. deadhead to flowler,ca. wash tank. then deadhead to bakersfield, ca. to load. then from bakersfield, ca. to marlboro ,ny. unload. then from marlboro, ny. deadhead to ionia, mi. wash tank. then from ionia, mi. deadhead to ravenna, mi. to load. then from ravenna, mi. to laurel, md. unload. then from laurel, md. to new castle, de. wash tank. then load around the corner in new castle, de. then from new castle, de. to mountian home, nc. unload. then from mountian home, nc. deadhead to home terminal auburndale, fl. for home time.

well guys and gals ya'll come back now ya hear. gotta go spend some with the family, take care and be safe out there. Weasle.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a good deal for you.....

Keep us inform.....

Chat with ya later.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 01-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Senior Board Member

:wink: Glad it's working for you Weasle!

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."
Old 02-15-2008, 02:48 AM
Board Regular

Hey weasle, was just wonderin on some stuff about Bynum. What is their starting pay? What kinda trucks they use and hows the conditon, age? What are their trucks governed at? Where are their terminals on the west coast located? Im in Las Vegas Nv. and any other info u got ima listenin, thanks!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Wimpy... http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...ic.php?t=30867

Click on this link and you will see pay and benefits for many chemical and food-grade tanker companies. This is recent info that I put together as of Nov. 2007, and try to update regularly (more recent and complete than the second link I'm providing you).

Living in Vegas and if you're wanting to pull "easy" food-grade I would strongly suggest you contact Jon Pfitzer with Ruan (formerly Jim Aartman, Inc.) in Ripon, CA. He may be able to help you get what you say you are looking for. His number is 800-871-9038 ext 143. Feel free to let him know that Carlo suggested you call him. When I was there I was usually through Vegas twice a week going to/from California to/from the Midwest.

Be forewarned though, if you've never pulled a tanker, you will want to read this as well; or at least the initial post... http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...er=asc&start=0

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."
Old 02-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Board Regular

Hey Cyanide, thanks for all the info, I been lookin at all these food grade carriers to see which one looks best and which one I qualify for (experience). I kno u said I should go get my hazmat and haul hazmat but im the type that once I see something I like or am interested in, I hate waiting which I would have to wait what like a month or so for my background check and all that stuff to get hzmat endorsement? So I figured food grade would be good to get into and if i really like it i can get my hazmat end. later on down the road. But hey any other info u wanna throw at me is cool with me im soakin it up like a sponge, thanks!! Wimpz.