Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Bynum Transport ? Just going to do it. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30573-bynum-transport-just-going-do.html)

weasle 11-05-2007 08:21 PM

Bynum Transport ? Just going to do it.

Hope Cyanide don't see this, Well I start Bynum Transport orientation ( 2 days ) in Auberndale, FL. on wed. nov. 7. I have heard alot and read alot of negative feedback on Bynum on these here boards but just got to see for myself, experience this foodgrade tanker for myself. they say I should be loaded on fri. the 9th headed NW out of Fl. We'll see. Be lookin for ya'll out there, Yankin Tankers, Weasle out.

Pony Express 11-05-2007 09:18 PM

Don't know anything about Bynum, but I hope it works out for ya.
Good luck and let us know.

Fredog 11-05-2007 09:44 PM

Re: Bynum Transport ? Just going to do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by weasle
Hope Cyanide don't see this, Well I start Bynum Transport orientation ( 2 days ) in Auberndale, FL. on wed. nov. 7. I have heard alot and read alot of negative feedback on Bynum on these here boards but just got to see for myself, experience this foodgrade tanker for myself. they say I should be loaded on fri. the 9th headed NW out of Fl. We'll see. Be lookin for ya'll out there, Yankin Tankers, Weasle out.

they haul water out of a spring thats 2 miles from my house, if they send you to Blue Ridge Ga, give me a holler, I'll buy you a cup of coffee

weasle 11-06-2007 04:14 PM

hey thanx guys I do appreciate that, yeah Pony Express I hope it all works out as well, and for the coffee Fredog if I get around Blue Ridge I'll give you holler. Thanx guys.

weasle 12-02-2007 11:46 PM

Re: Bynum Transport ? Just going to do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by weasle

Well one month in the bag with Bynum, They treated me pretty good out there, 1st. trip was from Auburndale, FL. to Bradenton FL. to pick up loaded tank ( apple juice concentrate ) delivered to Ft. Gibson OK. from Ft. Gibson I deadhead to Henderson, Co. loaded raw milk to Portales, NM. from Portales, NM. I deadhead to Burley, ID. loaded raw milk back to Portales, NM. then deadhead back to Burley, ID. loaded raw milk to Ft. Morgan, CO. deadhead back to Burley, ID. loaded raw milk back to Ft. Morgan, CO. deadhead back to Burley, ID. loaded raw milk back to Potales, NM. deadhead to Hereford, TX. loaded raw milk to Birmingham, AL. deadhead to Auburndale, FL. where I am on 4 days home time. I really enjoyed pulling an empty tak around for so many deadhead miles, but I'll tell you that tank loaded with milk is a different animal than a dry van or lowboy, it really takes some gettin use to. the surge beat the hell outta me til I figured out how to control it some what, it still gets me pretty good, I can't count how many cups of coffee ended up all over the floor of my tractor because the surge bangin inside the trailer. but all in all it has to be the easiest transport job I've ever had. I'm looking forward to gettin back in the saddle after my home time. AH Yeah the views out west are spectacular especialy enjoyed routes 491/191/6 through NM. CO. UT. the canyons and mountains are breath taking. well ya'll gotta go for now spend some time with the family see ya here again in a few weeks.

Weasle. :D

Cyanide 12-03-2007 06:24 PM

Weasle wrote:
Quote:

Hope Cyanide don't see this
BOL to ya Weasle! Hey, if Bynum works for you bro that's all that matters! Yes, they do have a bad rep for the most part but there are a small percentage of happy drivers there. I personally know one, and he will not go anywhere else regardless of the pay and benefits offered elsewhere. Now I do personally know several others who didn't stick around there and moved on to "greener pastures", but in the end only you can decide what's best for you!

Heck, if I wouldn't have had the opportunity come up to drive with Superior Carriers last year I'd still be with the company formerly known as Jim Aartman Inc. running out of the Ripon yard/office. Still remember how easy that is just picking up and delivering, with all of those simple long transits between customers. :lol: But, I can't turn down a great opportunity when it comes along either :wink:

Take care, stay safe, and keep us posted please on how it goes for you there.

One 12-03-2007 07:46 PM

Wow, lots of short trips and a couple of longer ones...is getting loaded/unloaded quicker when pulling a tank?
Keep it coming!

MoneyCat 12-03-2007 09:33 PM

weasel, do they hire nationally? I'm in richmond, va.

12-03-2007 09:51 PM

.28 cpm to pull a thermos? You gotta be kidding me. Where do they find these guys?

There's much better $$$$ for tanker work if you know where to look. And that's the real key. I see so many guys working for peanuts in this biz when they could easily be doing better somewhere else. You just have to know where to look. A lot of folks are out there to just hobo around and they really don't care how much they make. They're the ones who drive down the wages/rates for the rest of us who DO.

12-03-2007 10:37 PM

shut your pie hole CFM. he sounds happy about his job. not everyone wants to do what you do, live with it. some guys enjoy doing what you hate, it does not make them bad or the industry that supports you bad. it is for damn sure not hurting your rates.