User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 04:22 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
there are companies who do allow children of that age
Yes sadly there are. There are also companies that will allow you to take 4 kids, 3 wives, and 9 dogs with you at the same time. Still does not make it safe or right for all concerned.

Tell what you do if you are so dead set on harming this child's development. You might as well go all the way and hire on with Prime as a lease purchase driver. You can then take whoever or whatever you want with you. This way when your kid is 4 before he walks, 8 before he speaks in complete sentences, and 14 before he reads at a 1st grade level, you can also be sure he does not have any financial future as well. :roll: :roll:

Better yet. If you are unwilling to do what is in the best interest of this child put the kid up for adoption and let a family who will put the child first give him the love, attention, and every developmental advantage possible have him.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:37 AM
Rookie

double R, you seem ashamed of ur profession. What diffrence does it make exposing ur child at youth age as opposed to 18?- this job is what i do for living,i'm not gonna hide that from him. its the reality. maybe it seems wrong to bring the child on the truck in your eyes, but not MY eyes. i have a right to do so- just like u have the right to ur opinion. its not against the law for me to do so-
my wife and i will take care of him, we r researchin this decision- thats why we r looking at large sleepers as opposed to the normal sleeper size.
some people might say its bad to drop ur kid off at daycare- alot of parents do w/ no research- there may be a former criminal employeed there-at least our child will be w/ us.

we can have toys, kid dvds, everything we need on a large sleeper for our son. we can stop at rest areas and let him run around or a playground or mcdonalds playground.
were there to monitor and help filter out negative sides of the industry, but if u think that this industry is that negative, u seem pretty pessemistic, then why R U IN THIS INDUSTRY? if you think its that bad...
what about the good things? the travel- beautiful scenery- learning the geography n landscape of America, weather...
meeting diffrent people-
learning what makes this country run..
Old 11-03-2007, 04:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Since you are "researching" I suggest you talk to your pediatrician about your plans and see what your kid's doctor has to say about having your child in a vehicle that will be moving 10 hours a day or so.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Keep an open on this thread Ridge Runner, I have a feeling it will hit the sh%$$er real soon
I try to but I gotta sleep sometime :P It started out kinda "hot" but it looks like everybody took a deep breath and are able to debate in a civil manner. Thank you ALL for turning it down a notch.

Ridge
Old 11-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
This way when your kid is 4 before he walks, 8 before he speaks in complete sentences, and 14 before he reads at a 1st grade level, you can also be sure he does not have any financial future as well.

He could always grow up and drive a truck. :P :shock:

Sorry I couldn't just let that one go by. :wink:
Old 11-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Rookie
Default deaf child

the child will be deaf before it reaches 4 yrs old
what kind of person would bring a child of 18 months into life over
the road
Old 11-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Rookie

im gonna guess that no one has though about weather or not this is out of necessity I.E. They lost their house or some other Extenuating circumstances. i can't believe how closed minded this thread is no one has thought to ask if there was a valid reason that they are taking an 18 month old over the road.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Chef
a valid reason that they are taking an 18 month old over the road.
Selfishness??? :shock:
Old 11-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
im gonna guess that no one has though about weather or not this is out of necessity I.E. They lost their house or some other Extenuating circumstances. i can't believe how closed minded this thread is no one has thought to ask if there was a valid reason that they are taking an 18 month old over the road.
It's because a large percentage of responses here come from 20-somthings who haven't even lived yet but think they have, oversized egos, and your run-of-the-mill- know-it-all's...

I can count on less than 10 fingers the folks I even read anymore.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
You ever raised an 18 month old? Ever heard of terrible two's? Do you want this situation going on in the 80,000 lb big truck bearing down on your back door? Think the driver is paying full attention to the road? Not to mention the poor environment for the innocent child. Strapped in a car seat for 60-70 hours a week. Although I suspect the OP has no plans to use a car seat, just a hunch, big sleeper an all, plenty of room to roam around in. This thread is either a prank or its the DUMBEST idea I've heard in a long time. I'm with Double R and uturn 100%! This aint romper room its a job.

OMG :lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO