User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 03:24 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
There is a company out of California that has super sleeper trucks. They haul aircraft parts all over the country. Do not recall their name though, and for some reason I am thinking they are team only.

I can not say that I disagree with the above sentiments though. A truck is no place to raise a kid. Out of curiosity though are you thinking about doing this solo, as in you alone with the kiddo?
i think your talking about souther pride transport out of san diego ca

there all o/o................big beautiful trucks........ 8) 8) 8)
baby's in trucks................give me a break....... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:25 AM
Senior Board Member

"southern pride".....that is ops:
Old 11-03-2007, 03:59 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebarber383
first of all who said the child was gonna be raised for 18 years in a truck second of all there are companies who do allow children of that age i guess u dont know a thing about trucking and i dont appreciate being crticized about having a child on a truck why dont u take a look around the next time ur in a truck stop oh ur probably one of the morons who sit behind the computer all day instead of being behind the wheel then drivers like me have to pick up ur slack, ur probably not even a driver just a washout from a no name hick driving school by the way i do know the industry i am a 3rd generation driver
Truck stop? What is that? I sleep in my own bed at night like I have done for the past nine years as a driver. You have a real attitude I see. Sorry I did not give the answer that you were looking for and tell you what a wonderful parent you are to take a baby in rig all over the country. Nice way to bring a child up. And one more thing, I did not personally attack you in any of my reponses so I would appriciate if you would do the same and leave them out of any future replys to me. If you don't know what I mean, I suggest that you read the rules that CAD has in place and then re-read you posts.
Quote:
no name hick driving school
Know that is funny. Before you critize someone, perhaps you should know a little about the person. You know nothing about me but I give a little background. I never attanded a driving school. I was trained by a HHG company that I was working for when I was 23. And yes, I do know about this industry, that is way I wonder why you would even expose a child of that age to this industry. :roll:

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 11-03-2007, 04:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
first of all who said the child was gonna be raised for 18 years in a truck second of all there are companies who do allow children of that age i guess u dont know a thing about trucking and i dont appreciate being crticized about having a child on a truck why dont u take a look around the next time ur in a truck stop oh ur probably one of the morons who sit behind the computer all day instead of being behind the wheel then drivers like me have to pick up ur slack, ur probably not even a driver just a washout from a no name hick driving school by the way i do know the industry i am a 3rd generation driver
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 11-03-2007, 04:02 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Double R is wrong only on one point he has made. You can place the car seat in the passenger seat, though that is not an overly safe place for it to be, but the entire time the vehicle is in motion the child will have to be in the car seat.
opps, my bad uturn. Here in PA it against the law to have a car seat or a booster seat in the front seat of a car. Didn't know that you could do that in a truck. Then again, my son will never be in a semi until he turns 18 and then he will be a helper on the truck employed by the company(only in the summer between semester :wink: )

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 11-03-2007, 04:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Double R, every state that I know of that requires a child seat to be in the back seat is only on vehicles equipped with a back seat. :wink:

Beyond that I would not even think of taking a kid on the road until s/he was at least 10 and then that would only be as a summer ride along for a couple of weeks (3 at most).

If I had to give up my stay at home dad gig and return to work, and even if my health would allow me to drive a truck again, there is no way I would take my 2 year old on the road, even if it was just one local run a month.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:11 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Double R, every state that I know of that requires a child seat to be in the back seat is only on vehicles equipped with a back seat. :wink:
Yup, but you might want to tell that to some of the cops around here :wink:
You get my drift :wink:

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 11-03-2007, 04:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR SILVER
"southern pride".....that is ops:
Yep they are the ones.

A few years ago they were advertising for company drivers along with O/O's, though that may very well have changed.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R
Quote:
Yup, but you might want to tell that to some of the cops around here :wink:
You get my drift :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I hear yeah there. Some times the most uniformed people on laws are the ones who are suppose to be enforcing them.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:16 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R
Quote:
why dont they belong in a truck of that size, and why do u need to reply to a post when u have no info on the topic
Why? Because a child should be brought up in a home, NOT IN A TRUCK!!!!!!! I'm glad that you feel that it is ok to bring a child up living in a truck!!!!!!! Do you know anything about trucking? If you do, then way would you even put a child's life into that situation. As for the topic, THERE ARE NO OTR COMPAINES THAT HAVE SLEEPERS THAT BIG! AND NO OTR COMAPNY WILL ALLOW A CHILD OF THAT AGE TO RIDE IN A TRUCK! The insurance compaines will not allow it!
And by the way, this is a open fourm. [b]I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REPLY TO ANY POST AND VOICE MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
Yes you do but there is no reason to shout. :wink:
Keep an open on this thread Ridge Runner, I have a feeling it will hit the sh%$$er real soon

MY FACEBOOK PAGE