Old 10-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman932003
Ok, I just came back to Knight. I worked here for a few yrs and a couple of month back my old dispatcher with Werner called me begging me to come back and offered me a so called "Sweet" dedicated run. Well, it was junk. So here I am back with Knight. Knight is a good company. Do they have theri problems?? Sure they do, just like any other company. Each of their terminals runs kind of like their own little company. I run out of the Indianapolis Indiana terminal. When I was here last time I never once seen a week under 2700 miles. How well you will run just depends on what terminal you run out of. They just bought out a company in Phoenix called Roads West. That is how they got their refrigerated division. It is a fairly new division. They have only had it a couple of yrs. It will get better but right now it is not that great.
LMAO...!!!!

2700 miles a week is poverty level trucking...

Once you take your taxes and road expenses out of that you are looking at a $600-$700 net paycheck, possibly less. Any decent driver can make that driving a dump truck and be home everynight and on weekends. I guess if that is the kind of pay you are looking for in compensation for sacrificing being away from family, friends etc. then you could be happy with Knight.

But I would say if you want to make a real paycheck so that you can justify to yourself and your family why you're never at home, there are much better opportunities for drivers than Knight.
Well, that is your opinion and you are intitled to it. I did say 2700 was the LOWEST I seen. Most of my weeks were around 3000 or a shade over. I was happy there and that's all that matters. I was home every weekend. I had a nice truck. I made good money, in my opinion. That may not be good enough for you, but that is you. My family gets everything they need and then some and we have little debt.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:51 AM
Rookie

i also drive out off the indy terminal. great miles there. hey fireman, what board are you on?
Old 10-06-2007, 03:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downriverrob
i also drive out off the indy terminal. great miles there. hey fireman, what board are you on?
Team North Jenny is the Team leader. Brandi is my dispatcher.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, I just came back to Knight. I worked here for a few yrs and a couple of month back my old dispatcher with Werner called me begging me to come back and offered me a so called "Sweet" dedicated run. Well, it was junk. So here I am back with Knight. Knight is a good company. Do they have theri problems?? Sure they do, just like any other company. Each of their terminals runs kind of like their own little company. I run out of the Indianapolis Indiana terminal. When I was here last time I never once seen a week under 2700 miles. How well you will run just depends on what terminal you run out of. They just bought out a company in Phoenix called Roads West. That is how they got their refrigerated division. It is a fairly new division. They have only had it a couple of yrs. It will get better but right now it is not that great.
LMAO...!!!!

Once you take your taxes and road expenses out of that you are looking at a $600-$700 net paycheck, possibly less. Any decent driver can make that driving a dump truck and be home everynight and on weekends. I guess if that is the kind of pay you are looking for in compensation for sacrificing being away from family, friends etc. then you could be happy with Knight.

But I would say if you want to make a real paycheck so that you can justify to yourself and your family why you're never at home, there are much better opportunities for drivers than Knight.

You can't just make a statement like this ,and not back it up with a few realistic companies a driver could go with to illustrate your point .
Old 10-06-2007, 04:26 AM
Senior Board Member

I gotta chim my 2cents about this post:

Crusader wrote:

Quote:
LMAO...!!!!

How do you think 2700 miles is poverty level, especially being home every weekend, (BTW, that averages over 500miles a day, thats darn good for 5days driving).

To assume all drivers desire to be home everyday, and should be following your kind of example, (local, LTL, "dumptrucks" etc.) is way to presumptuous. You and all the others who have to keep putting down OTR drivers would be better off posting the postives and negatives of the different types of Truck Driving, rather than putting others down for the type of driving they do. Money is one thing and driving is another. You dont know the situation and lifestyle of each of the drivers.

Sorry if that was to direct, just had to get it off my chest. Im just getting a little tired of Local drivers and wanna be Local drivers thinking they having all the answers.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:
Quote:
LMAO...!!!!

You can't just make a statement like this ,and not back it up with a few realistic companies a driver could go with to illustrate your point .
TMC. My first year I am on course for making $55K to $60K despite moving to the Line Haul Division where I work harder for a little less pay, but I'm home every weekend.

Maverick. Never worked for them, just read their website and the post on CAD.

Superior. Same as Maverick.

Those are three right of the top of my head. I have only had experience with one of them and I am happy there. Only those drivers with self imposed limitations cannot succeed. If you are revenue orriented there are many companies you can make around $60,000.00 your first year. If you are a felon, druck, drugie, have to be home or idle, take your pet, your girlfriend, want to run only during daylight or work in only one segment you may have to settle on one of the companies that do not pay as well.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
I gotta chim my 2cents about this post:

Crusader wrote:

Quote:
LMAO...!!!!

How do you think 2700 miles is poverty level, especially being home every weekend, (BTW, that averages over 500miles a day, thats darn good for 5days driving).

To assume all drivers desire to be home everyday, and should be following your kind of example, (local, LTL, "dumptrucks" etc.) is way to presumptuous. You and all the others who have to keep putting down OTR drivers would be better off posting the postives and negatives of the different types of Truck Driving, rather than putting others down for the type of driving they do. Money is one thing and driving is another. You dont know the situation and lifestyle of each of the drivers.

Sorry if that was to direct, just had to get it off my chest. Im just getting a little tired of Local drivers and wanna be Local drivers thinking they having all the answers.
I agree Drew. OTR and LTL or local are two (or three?) different animals. They have different stresses and different pay structures. I don't think statements that dog OTR in favor of Local make a lot of sense. It's a choice! Be home? do local IF you can find it. Which if you don't live in the right place can be difficult. Home not necessary? do OTR which pretty much can be hired out of most of the country by someone.

Last time I went through Philly I heard Dump truck drivers yelling at Trash truck drivers? Cussing each other out. I found out this is a constant thing between the two. Why? Who knows, maybe this is all people have to argue about. But to me driving is not driving. I am OTR. Once I get my goals met, then I will look at local. At that point driving will be a job, not a lifestyle. Until then? I'll see you where I see you!
Old 10-06-2007, 04:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:
Quote:
LMAO...!!!!

TMC. My first year I am on course for making $55K to $60K despite moving to the Line Haul Division where I work harder for a little less pay, but I'm home every weekend.

Maverick. Never worked for them, just read their website and the post on CAD.

Superior. Same as Maverick.

Those are three right of the top of my head. I have only had experience with one of them and I am happy there. Only those drivers with self imposed limitations cannot succeed. If you are revenue orriented there are many companies you can make around $60,000.00 your first year. If you are a felon, druck, drugie, have to be home or idle, take your pet, your girlfriend, want to run only during daylight or work in only one segment you may have to settle on one of the companies that do not pay as well.

What the hell is a DRUCK ?
Old 10-06-2007, 04:41 AM
Senior Board Member

I think Druck is a new endorsement that the DOT is coming up with.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:44 AM
Senior Board Member