User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB JR.
Some folks aren't afraid of working, they just against working for cheap which is what you'll be doing. There's plenty of drivers out here who make more than double than what you'll be doing at W/S and they're home to enjoy their families nighty.
Yeah OK
Thanks for all your great info. I will make a note of it.
If I wanted to be home all the time I would not be doing this.
My wife is looking forward to some road time.
You have to weigh all the facts to come up with the complete answer.
Who do you drive for?
Or who are you going to drive for?
Old 10-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbtrucker
So who do you drive for Greg? I keep asking that because you seem to know everything about trucking>
I don't disclose that on internet boards. Sorry, I guess I'm a little paranoid. I do run refer and will keep it at that. :wink:

Old 10-13-2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbtrucker
So who do you drive for Greg? I keep asking that because you seem to know everything about trucking>
I don't disclose that on internet boards. Sorry, I guess I'm a little paranoid. I do run refer and will keep it at that. :wink:
That is probably a good thing. Least you don't have people dumping on you because they don't like the company you drive for or want to drive for.
I notice many people do nothing but run around the board making negative remarks about everything and anything. Guess they have nothing better to do.

I was suppose to start school with another company monday but have backed away from it cuss I don't want to haul groceries right now.

Maybe later when I get tired of hauling furnature. Ha What a joke
See all that furnature on my flatbed.

I see a classic Freightliner in my future.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Board Regular

You have the money gbtrucker. Why not just go to a private school and pay for it rather than sign on with a company. I am doing that now and they have had lots of small companies that aren't even listed on these sites coming in to talk to us.

I have also seen some pretty sweet looking custom sleepers with kitchens, showers etc. I even said to my wife that rather than go the expensive RV route that one of those would be great. Then you could make money as you go from one vacation spot to another in retirement.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsyrob
You have the money gbtrucker. Why not just go to a private school and pay for it rather than sign on with a company. I am doing that now and they have had lots of small companies that aren't even listed on these sites coming in to talk to us.

I have also seen some pretty sweet looking custom sleepers with kitchens, showers etc. I even said to my wife that rather than go the expensive RV route that one of those would be great. Then you could make money as you go from one vacation spot to another in retirement.
I like the idea of a company training me and I have read every post about Watkins and Shepard on this forum and others and I am convenced I will learn alot driving with them.

That is my long term plan for later. My own truck and a beauty, Lease it back for a year or so and then go on my own. I met a guy with a T2000 Freight Liner he has for his 45 ft RV, what a beauty.He used to drive for pay.

I been retired for 14 yrs and to us this is a paid adventure and something that will keep us active so we may live longer.

Got to look at it in different ways at our (Old Fart) ways.

Thanks everybody for your input, that is what fourms are about.

As my old friend Walter would say, "Your just a young whipper snapper and you have time for two more careers"

He died back in Feb at age 84

His picture will be in my truck. We sure caught alot of fish together.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:38 PM

I can not speak for others on this board that may or may not work for this company, only for myself. The only thing I’ve done a lot of is drive, followed by a majority of loads being drop/hook, next are live load/unload, lastly by “fingerprinting” the freight. I’ve touched the freight less than 10%, and those times were paid additional to the mileage. These were easy 1-2 piece drops, items weighing maybe 50-75 lbs, and a few Pier 1 loads where you do move the items to the back of the truck (lots of small boxes, oh ya, the girls helping unload are HOT!) I just took off 1 week and nobody cared, I guess I could have hunted but I’m just not that into hunting. My dispatchers comment was “hey, you’ve earned the time, why not”
My van days are over, I've gone over to the dark side, they gave me cookies and a drop deck flatbed.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottsATruckin
I can not speak for others on this board that may or may not work for this company, only for myself. The only thing I’ve done a lot of is drive, followed by a majority of loads being drop/hook, next are live load/unload, lastly by “fingerprinting” the freight. I’ve touched the freight less than 10%, and those times were paid additional to the mileage. These were easy 1-2 piece drops, items weighing maybe 50-75 lbs, and a few Pier 1 loads where you do move the items to the back of the truck (lots of small boxes, oh ya, the girls helping unload are HOT!) I just took off 1 week and nobody cared, I guess I could have hunted but I’m just not that into hunting. My dispatchers comment was “hey, you’ve earned the time, why not”
My van days are over, I've gone over to the dark side, they gave me cookies and a drop deck flatbed.
Thanks for the info.
Can you give us a break down of a average months worth of pay.

Total Miles =
Unloading =
Extra Stops =
Pay Bonus =
etc etc

I would like to do some figures with it.

Looking forward to Pier 1
Victorieas Secret shops

Thanks
Old 10-16-2007, 04:21 AM

All you need to know old man is that I have plenty more years driving than you do. Worked where you want to work and got tired of working 100 hrs a week and getting paid for only 50-70 cheaply when you break it down. Enjoy those 1st 3 months OTR pulling van. Most of you newbs quit before the 1st year so you should get a newer truck right off the bat. Why else does W/S have 3 schools churning out new drivers for only 700 trucks?? Most other outfits give a newb more pay after their 1st year than W/S gives to their most senior driver.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB JR.
All you need to know old man is that I have plenty more years driving than you do. Worked where you want to work and got tired of working 100 hrs a week and getting paid for only 50-70 cheaply when you break it down. Enjoy those 1st 3 months OTR pulling van. Most of you newbs quit before the 1st year so you should get a newer truck right off the bat. Why else does W/S have 3 schools churning out new drivers for only 700 trucks?? Most other outfits give a newb more pay after their 1st year than W/S gives to their most senior driver.
CB JR

Why don't you go stuff it
I have looked at all your posts and it looke like you go all over the board harrassing people with your digs

I really don't need your crap and if you want to continue you can take it off line with me.

You are a jerk
Old 10-20-2007, 06:02 AM