Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Watkins ? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/29925-watkins.html)

zipy46 09-28-2007 12:59 PM

Watkins ?

Its appears Watkins-Shepard has a terminal in North Ga..

And they also have some out west.

This tells me a driver will get to go out west with them.

Anyone here have any real experience with Watkins.

Whats a day or a week like in the life of a Watkins driver ?

Thanks

Redd202 09-29-2007 12:38 AM

I live about a 100 miles south of their Dalton terminal. I did a search on Watkins-Shepard and read some of the older posts about them, but I'd be curious to hear a little more, too. No company is perfect, but as far as I can tell, they're pretty decent.

Skywalker 09-29-2007 02:38 AM

From what I understand, they are a pretty decent company. I think not too long ago there was a flurry of posts about them..... Do a search with the company name and see what pops up.

zipy46 09-29-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
From what I understand, they are a pretty decent company. I think not too long ago there was a flurry of posts about them..... Do a search with the company name and see what pops up.

Good Deal....thanks....i searched and found alot of positive input
and feedback.

May make it out west yet.

Gonna ring the recruiter next week

RottsATruckin 10-02-2007 02:37 AM

Feel free to PM me or if you're blocked (too new) email me direct, [email protected], others did this for me and I'm happy to do the same.

zipy46 10-02-2007 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RottsATruckin
Feel free to PM me or if you're blocked (too new) email me direct, [email protected], others did this for me and I'm happy to do the same.

Are you a driver with Watkins & Shepard :?:

Do you have information :?:

I have a list of questions I have made over the past couple
of days.

RottsATruckin 10-03-2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipy46
Quote:

Are you a driver with Watkins & Shepard :?: Yes

Do you have information :?: Yes

of days.

zipy46 10-03-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

of days.

EMail sent

retiredmb 10-03-2007 11:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

of days.

EMail sent

I will start with Watkins Shepard on the 10th, had started with another Company with a "Driver Trainer", I did the driving and he did not do the training, he was the worst of everything I had heard about Trucking.

I liked the driving and all the rest of it, just could not fit with the Trainer, from everything I have heard, Watkins is a much better fit for me, am looking forward to this, 10 days then on my own without living in a box with someone else

zipy46 10-04-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredmb
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

of days.

EMail sent

I will start with Watkins Shepard on the 10th, had started with another Company with a "Driver Trainer", I did the driving and he did not do the training, he was the worst of everything I had heard about Trucking.

I liked the driving and all the rest of it, just could not fit with the Trainer, from everything I have heard, Watkins is a much better fit for me, am looking forward to this, 10 days then on my own without living in a box with someone else

If you dont mind once you get on the road with Watkins could you share
some info. (Miles,Routes,etc)
I am interested in them also.

Thanks