User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

99.99% of all accident, let it be POV or commercial, are AT FAULT accidents... Especially if you rear end someone... it means you were following TOO CLOSE
Old 09-16-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbtubas
99.99% of all accident, let it be POV or commercial, are AT FAULT accidents... Especially if you rear end someone... it means you were following TOO CLOSE
thanks for that...... did you rear end somebody?

because my brakes locked up and cause my tractor to lose control and side swipe an oncoming truck..... I dont follow too close, as i know it takes along time to stop my rig.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
uhm, matt. no need to be a dick. i never said conway was perfect. re-read my post and see that i said you are ina perfect situation to go to school. it seems to me that you need justification to go to school, or drive otr, or stay at conway. i don't know. everyone has given you great advice and you feel the need to disagree and explain to everyone why it will not work. if you wanna go to school bad enough you can make it work. if you wanna drive otr you can make it work. you are young and you learn that life is what you make it, good or bad. it seems that you have it good now at work, so maybe you need to look inside yourself and see why you are not happy. and try to not be a dick.
dont worry about it... i was just mad at myself..... I dont want to drive OTR anymore... to much time away form my g/f.....

But Conway is soon to be my previous employer...... very soon

thanks
Old 10-13-2007, 05:03 AM
Board Regular

to be fair, if there was a mechanical failure that could have been found in a pre-trip inspection, then it would be considered "preventable."
for example, if your trailer brakes locked up because they were improperly adjusted, that could have been found on the pre-trip.

as the trained professionals, in an accident, we are guilty until proven innocent.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
maybe he should change his name...motorcyclematt, iwishicouldtruckmatt,noonewillletmetruckmatt, etc.
I wish i could drive a motorcycle for a career, Maybe work at Kawasaki at a tester for the new equipment, THAT would be my dream job.

but thanks for the comedy.
try the Honda factory in TN as a goldwing airbag tester. 30 mph into a parked car should be fun.
thats not what i mean..... if you knew, There are people at these companies that test and evaluate the endurance and performance of the products.... not be a test dummy FYI
Matt, I was joking about the airbag tester job. If you truly want to get a nice job in the motorcycle industry you need to get out of trucking and do something else.
There are jobs for testing bikes at the manufacturers. The people who have these jobs are either engineers with tons of years riding, or very senior experienced technicians (mechanics) with tons of years of wrenching and riding experience.
Have you considered going to MMI in Orlando or Phoenix? The programs are very good but expensive. close to $20k for a year and a half or so of school. Sometimes you can find a dealership or team to sponsor you training in return for a few years of indentured servitude.
I will tell you one thing about the dealership side of the motorcycle industry that I know from first hand knowledge: the only people getting the big bucks at the dealerships are the owners. HD might be charging the sucker, oops I mean customer, $125 or more per hour but the guy in the back doing the work isn't getting a whole lot of that in his check.