User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 02:38 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

CFM: there's a world east of Denver ?????? I never knew......
Old 05-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Pride Transport anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
Originally Posted by kona911
I'm going to stay local for a couple months until I have my 1 complete year of Class A experience but I want (need) to go back OTR. I'm having withdrawls and I'm not happy with my life unless I'm heading east... I want to get off of the i-5 corridor badly.
You know, you're about the first driver I've met who actually WANTS to run east. You think the 5 is bad? Try doing battle on the Cross-Bronx Expressway everyday to earn your daily bread. And why would you want to give up a steady lay at home for pocket pool in the sleeper? Man, you newbies are something else...
I sleep better in the truck than I do at home! I do nothing during the week. On sundays I go four wheeling in my truck usually resulting in spending money on something I broke. I would HAPPILY leave all that behind to go out on the road. Hell, at night I'd sit up in the drivers seat and go on the internet but I was always watching who was coming in and out of the truck stop, watching trucks, people, etc. I love EVERYTHING that has to do with trucking. I was a lot happier out there than I am here even during the holidays. The holidays and not knowing if I was going to be home for X-mas is what did me in with gordon. TO much stress in the weeks before xmas and busting my ass trying to make it onto the target fleet ( I was basically trying out for a spot) I wore myself out and thought that I would be in heaven if I went home and drove locally. I had more time OTR when I was home than I do now.

I get off work, see whats new on CAD and head off to sleep to just do it agian in the afternoon. Wake up, CAD, and work. meh
Old 05-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Senior Board Member

So I've been researching a bit and came up with 3 possible carriers to drive for: Pride, Royal Express out of Fresno, and maybe Marten...

Any company has to hire a 22year old. I'd try Crete out but they require at least 23years old. I'd like to try CFI but they don't hire out here. I need a company that has NICE trucks. Clean and newer trucks are very important to me. I need to like what I will spend my life in. Preferably 70+mph. I've read a lot on here about Marten and I'm torn. Seems as if I'm out of options I may check into them, but for right now they are last. Royal Express is top of my list but it's hard to find any driver info on them...
Old 05-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13
I really don't want to be governed at 65 anymore.

One thing I have found out doing this for the the last 14 years; The companys that give you the shiny truck that runs 70 plus miles an hour dont want to pay, would rather make .42 a mile and drive 65 than .34 a mile and run over 70!
Crete would be right up your alley then.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 05-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Why quit a good local job to go drive 4k+ a week and be gone for 1.5 months at a pop?

Like he said, it's in his blood. I don't really understand it, but for some reason I need to be out here. I've done the local thing and it really starts to get to me after awhile.

To each their own, that's what keeps the world turning.

Drive safe!

[email protected]