User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Maverick Trucking

I called the recruiter this afternoon and inquired about a driving position. I have no CDL so I would need to go to their school. He told me that it would be 6 to 8 months out before they had a spot. Even if I had a CDL from a driving school it would be 5 to 7 weeks to get into their training program. Needless to say I was disappointed. I need to start making money now and I just can't wait 8 months to get into their school.

This does say alot about their operation though. They must be doing something right to have that many in the que to be drivers.

Any suggestions from you folks out there in cyberspace as to where I could go from here? I liked Maverick because they get you home on the weekends and pay better. Anybody else out there offer something similar?
Old 05-03-2007, 10:36 PM

my husband works for mavericks specialized division.. the home time is every 2 weeks instead of every week, however chances are they will get you on the road quicker than the flatbed side.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Try looking into TMC. From what I have read on here they seem to be pretty decent. Talk to FlatbedFred, I believe he works for them.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:24 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

If I wanted to pull a skateboard, I'd definitely go for maverick.

You know what a white glove inspection is? If you haven't been in the Marine corps. I'll explain, what the kind folks at TMC do is they put on a pair of white cotton gloves and go all over the interior and exterior of your truck and if the gloves get dirty, guess what? Demerit points = no bonus. Your bed better be made too :lol: Harold Annett is not a nice guy.

I know guys that currently work there are going to cry BS but, I live in Des Moines and know guys who used to work there.

So if you want to spend alot of time at the streakin' beacon, go work for TMC.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
If I wanted to pull a skateboard, I'd definitely go for maverick.

You know what a white glove inspection is? If you haven't been in the Marine corps. I'll explain, what the kind folks at TMC do is they put on a pair of white cotton gloves and go all over the interior and exterior of your truck and if the gloves get dirty, guess what? Demerit points = no bonus. Your bed better be made too :lol: Harold Annett is not a nice guy.

I know guys that currently work there are going to cry BS but, I live in Des Moines and know guys who used to work there.

So if you want to spend alot of time at the streakin' beacon, go work for TMC.
It's funny, I hear about these white glove inspecitons all the time, from people who have never worked for TMC as a driver. I'm curious, has any TMC driver ever had a white glove inspection? And what's with the complaints about washing your truck once a week, actually, you pull into a truck was and some one else washes it, you get to sit there and drink a cup of coffee. TMC abuses me so badly. It's a shame they give me over $1,000.00 per month, otherwise I just couldn't tolerate it.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
It's a shame they give me over $1,000.00 per month, otherwise I just couldn't tolerate it.
Funny, if TMC only pays $1000 a MONTH, its a wonder they keep drivers :lol:
Old 05-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Maverick Trucking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm522
Needless to say I was disappointed. I need to start making money now and I just can't wait 8 months to get into their school.

This does say alot about their operation though. They must be doing something right to have that many in the que to be drivers.

I liked Maverick because they get you home on the weekends and pay better. Anybody else out there offer something similar?
OR so little freight that they CAN'T hire any more drivers. If a company NEEDS drivers, they buy more trucks and hire more drivers. They don't make you wait months to start because they are so "good". I've heard lots of good things about Maverick but a wait time of MONTHS is unreasonable. They should just say they are not hiring at this time.
TMC gets you home every weekend (46/52 guaranteed in writing), pays over $1000.00 per WEEK (M's wife) and I know Harold who happens to be a SWEETHEART. Those that haven't worked here (or CAN'T work here) often have "what to say". Personally? I love my job AND my company and no I am NOT paid to say that and NO I don't get paid a "bonus" to get new guys to sign up. I'm with TMC a little over a year now, have had TWO brand new Peterbilt 379's (One OTR truck and my current day cab)since I've started and make close to $60,000/year.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:08 AM
Board Regular

Don't let Fred sugar coat TMC too much. He may not be paid to recruit drivers, but he's definitely motivated, huh? Oh...I'm sure it's just out of pure love for his fellow man. Especially when he goes to the trouble of building and maintaining a website AND a toll free number for driver recruitment. Geez, how stupid does he think you guys are?

BUT, if I were trying to get on with Maverick and they put me on a 6-8 month waiting list, I would probably go to TMC if I could afford to pay for my schooling since they don't do it for free like Maverick does. You can always get your experience at TMC and then come to Maverick later if you want. I know of more than a few who have done that. Whether or not they set out to do it that way is unknown to me.

As far as Maverick having slow freight, I can't remember when I've waited for more than 10-15 minutes for a load assignment after I send in my empty call. In fact, I am regularly preplanned on my next load well before I deliver the current load. That doesn't sounf like slow freight to me. It's more like, they know how they want to run their business and how many trucks they want to operate. I'll leave it to Steve Williams to decide this. Since he has made millions of dollars in the trucking business, I doubt that myself or Fred need to waste our time offering advise. Fred kind of reminds of the Jimmy Johnson commercial on race day. I can just see Fred telling Steve how he needs to buy more trucks so that he can hire more drivers and keep this waiting list down to a minimum.

By the way Fred. Do you happen to know what TMC's turnover rate is? I can see where if you can't keep drivers in the truck, you would definitely have an empty seat for anyone at anytime :wink:

Of course, I guess by the way your talking, one should not bother applying to ABF, Roadway, Old Dominion or any of the LTL companies. After all their business is so slow that they don't even HAVE recruiters. I'm sure they have a waiting list in some areas of the country, so THAT must be some REALLY BAAAAADDDDDD jobs right there! LOL

Your a freakin' joke Fred and everybody here know's it too.

BTW, I've told you before. If you want to bash Maverick over on the TMC thread, feel free. But if your gonna come on a Maverick thread and bash us, I'm gonna bash back. Tough schit if you don't like it.

Arky
Old 05-12-2007, 04:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arky
Don't let Fred sugar coat TMC too much. He may not be paid to recruit drivers, but he's definitely motivated, huh? Oh...I'm sure it's just out of pure love for his fellow man. Especially when he goes to the trouble of building and maintaining a website AND a toll free number for driver recruitment. Geez, how stupid does he think you guys are?
TMC pays for the toll free number and the website is FREE as it is hosted on the same site my business is www.goldiesplating.com . I do it because I had no such resource to turn to when I started so I figured it was a nice thing to do.
Quote:
BUT, if I were trying to get on with Maverick and they put me on a 6-8 month waiting list, I would probably go to TMC if I could afford to pay for my schooling since they don't do it for free like Maverick does. You can always get your experience at TMC and then come to Maverick later if you want. I know of more than a few who have done that. Whether or not they set out to do it that way is unknown to me.
I didn't pay a DIME for my CDL as I went through TMC's sponsorship program.
Quote:
As far as Maverick having slow freight, I can't remember when I've waited for more than 10-15 minutes for a load assignment after I send in my empty call. In fact, I am regularly preplanned on my next load well before I deliver the current load. That doesn't sounf like slow freight to me. It's more like, they know how they want to run their business and how many trucks they want to operate. I'll leave it to Steve Williams to decide this. Since he has made millions of dollars in the trucking business, I doubt that myself or Fred need to waste our time offering advise. Fred kind of reminds of the Jimmy Johnson commercial on race day. I can just see Fred telling Steve how he needs to buy more trucks so that he can hire more drivers and keep this waiting list down to a minimum.
Perhaps I was unclear. I didn't mean to say that for their EXISTING fleet they had slow freight. I meant that they have no additional freight that they can not handle and so don't need to grow any larger too quickly. As far as Steve wanting to keep his company the size it is that argument would fly if Maverick had, say, 10-100 trucks. A small outfit that wanted to remain small. They have grown far beyond being considered "small" and any company the size of Maverick or larger would NEVER turn down the opportunity to grow larger IF the opportunity were there.

Quote:
By the way Fred. Do you happen to know what TMC's turnover rate is? I can see where if you can't keep drivers in the truck, you would definitely have an empty seat for anyone at anytime :wink:
TMC has one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry for LARGER companies as does Maverick. BOTH are great companies I feel. I just think a several MONTH wait is not in a driver's best interest if he needs a job TODAY.
Quote:
Of course, I guess by the way your talking, one should not bother applying to ABF, Roadway, Old Dominion or any of the LTL companies. After all their business is so slow that they don't even HAVE recruiters. I'm sure they have a waiting list in some areas of the country, so THAT must be some REALLY BAAAAADDDDDD jobs right there! LOL
Those companies only hire EXPERIENCED drivers who have been "around the block" a few times and usually have no need for recruiters. A recruiters job (if he or she is a good and HONEST one) is to "hold a newbies hand" so to speak and explain their company to them TRUTHFULLY. An experienced trucker needs no hand holding.

Quote:
Your a freakin' joke Fred and everybody here know's it too.
And as I've felt MANY MANY months ago about you and your demeaning avitar towards single women, you are a total waste of fertility medication.

Quote:
BTW, I've told you before. If you want to bash Maverick over on the TMC thread, feel free. But if your gonna come on a Maverick thread and bash us, I'm gonna bash back. Tough schit if you don't like it.

Arky
Didn't say I didn't LIKE it. It just shows what a moron you truly are. I wasn't bashing Maverick, just expressing my opinion as to their long waiting list. The waiting list is FACT and I was only commenting on THAT. Never did I say they were a bad company. I'd work there just as well as TMC IF I liked Maroon Freightliners with autoshift trannies. I just don't as a matter of personal opinion.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:08 AM
Senior Board Member
Default re fred

fred's kicking some east coast a**......................
:lol: sometimes it feels like were kids in a school yard
peace e v 1 !!!! :wink: