Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Oh yes, I have offended the masses with my most terrible avatar. LOL
Old 05-12-2007, 05:20 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I say we all go get a steak dinner, drink a few beers, and have a pissing contest. What do ya think?
Old 05-12-2007, 05:22 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: re fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR SILVER
fred's kicking some east coast a**......................
:lol: sometimes it feels like were kids in a school yard
peace e v 1 !!!! :wink:
We gotta keep these rednecks in line ya know. :wink:
If not before you know it we'll be taking our sisters (our date) to line dancing parties
Old 05-12-2007, 05:29 AM
Senior Board Member
Default re fred

hey uncle daddy :lol: tell me a story.........sorry that was over the top......................ah who cares :P :shock: ..........lol 8)
Old 05-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Board Regular

Straight from the TMC website:

"TMC offers tuition reimbursement up to the full amount of your loan."
In other words, you pay for it, we'll reimburse you. So Fred, did you or did you not pay ANY money out of your pocket at ANY time to get your CDL?

Here's something else to ponder:

Maverick Orientation pay = $550
TMC Orientation pay = $300

Maverick Securement training pay = $100/day (Begins on Friday following orientation which runs sunday-thursday...effectively puts $750 in your pocket the very 1st week)
TMC Securement training pay = $300 (1 week)

Maverick Driver Training pay = $500/week for up to 6 weeks.
TMC Driver Training pay = $350/week for 6 weeks.

If you choose to wait for Maverick's school, you will pay NOTHING at anytime for tuition. You will sign a 6 month commitment for $2500, but at the end of the 6 months, you are free to go with no charge for the training or the school.

So, let's add this up:
The first 2 weeks at Maverick, you will earn $1250 in orientation and securement training pay (assuming you stay in training through Friday of the second week...it is possible that you might leave with a driver trainer before then). This is $650 more than TMC.

Maverick pays $150/week more than TMC while your out with your trainer. Assuming a full 6 weeks with both companies, that is an extra $900 that you'll earn at Maverick.

So...you'll be paid a total of $1,550 more money at Maverick before you ever even get into your own truck. You'll also not spend a single dime out of your pocket for your CDL school.

I just can't imagine why Maverick has a waiting list and TMC has openings readily available. Oh yeah, that's right, their growing soooo fast they have to have you guys for all those new trucks going to the new customers.

Maverick's fleet size was about 900 trucks a year ago. It's now around 1,500. I really have no idea what the fleet size is at TMC. It's my understanding that they were at about 2,500 a year or so ago. Fred would you care to share the current # of trucks in your fleet? I'm guessing TMC didn't grow by 50% in the last year?

I guess that Fred doesn't consider the aquisition of Schneider's specialized division as growth?
Old 05-12-2007, 07:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arky
Straight from the TMC website:

"TMC offers tuition reimbursement up to the full amount of your loan."
In other words, you pay for it, we'll reimburse you. So Fred, did you or did you not pay ANY money out of your pocket at ANY time to get your CDL?
I THINK I paid around $100/week out of my check for the first six months. Now I pay nothing, owe nothing and was reimbursed fully.
Quote:

TMC's pay is $300/$350 for new drivers an $500/$550 for experienced drivers.
Quote:
Maverick Securement training pay = $100/day (Begins on Friday following orientation which runs sunday-thursday...effectively puts $750 in your pocket the very 1st week)

If you choose to wait for Maverick's school, you will pay NOTHING at anytime for tuition. You will sign a 6 month commitment for $2500, but at the end of the 6 months, you are free to go with no charge for the training or the school.

So, let's add this up:
The first 2 weeks at Maverick, you will earn $1250 in orientation and securement training pay (assuming you stay in training through Friday of the second week...it is possible that you might leave with a driver trainer before then). This is $650 more than TMC.

Maverick pays $150/week more than TMC while your out with your trainer. Assuming a full 6 weeks with both companies, that is an extra $900 that you'll earn at Maverick.

So...you'll be paid a total of $1,550 more money at Maverick before you ever even get into your own truck. You'll also not spend a single dime out of your pocket for your CDL school.

I just can't imagine why Maverick has a waiting list and TMC has openings readily available. Oh yeah, that's right, their growing soooo fast they have to have you guys for all those new trucks going to the new customers.

Maverick's fleet size was about 900 trucks a year ago. It's now around 1,500. I really have no idea what the fleet size is at TMC. It's my understanding that they were at about 2,500 a year or so ago. Fred would you care to share the current # of trucks in your fleet? I'm guessing TMC didn't grow by 50% in the last year?

I guess that Fred doesn't consider the aquisition of Schneider's specialized division as growth?
I do. TMC too has just aquired TDT trucking www.gotdt.com based in Florida.

All your other points ARE truly wonderful and agree with what I've said time and again. MAVERICK IS A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR. IF you can START with them NOW (right away), and IF you don't mind driving Maroon, autoshift Freightshakers instead of fully decked out Peterbilt's. I know I'll hear it from drivers who say "Who cares WHAT you drive as long as you're making money". I say BULL$HIT. I CARE. That truck IS my home away from home during the week and I want my home to look better than every body elses and in the end I STILL made around $59,000.00 with TMC my first year. So the difference in training pay was not a big deal to me.
Gorgeous, well maintained trucks, GREAT money, home weekends, MANY dedicated opportunities available to experienced drivers and the ability to hire, train and START a driver right away are pretty damn good points to consider don't ya think?
I also forgot to mention that Maverick doesn't hire drivers from this area either. Seems they're afraid of the East Coast.
As far as trucks I BELIEVE we have 3,200 power units last I heard a few months ago NOT counting the recent aquisition of TDT trucking based in Florida. In 2006 we placed an order for 1,000 new tractors with Peterbilt. No ragged equipment to deal with here.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:16 AM
Senior Board Member

duplicate post
Old 05-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
I THINK I paid around $100/week out of my check for the first six months. Now I pay nothing, owe nothing and was reimbursed fully.
LOL...yes, you would forget something like that wouldn't ya?

You know, as a toolmaker, I would buy tools through the company. They would pay for them and hold the money out of my check weekly. So, by this reasoning, the tools were free. After all, I now owe nothing, pay nothing now.

How does TMC reimburse you for the schooling? Is it a lump sum at the end of the 6 months? Or do they pay it back over the next six months? That would basicly work out to a 12 month commitment if so.

As for the ragged equipment. Apparently your not looking too close, but Maverick's trucks are far from ragged. In fact they replace their trucks at 3 years of age, some sooner depending on the miles as I understand it.

I have to agree with you that the auto transmissions are just terrible. Every time I pull away from a red light with both arms on the arm rest, kicked back taking it easy while the transmission takes care of itself. I just can't stand the work involved in that! LOL. It's even worse in Chicago during rush hour with all that stop and go traffic. I do have to lean forward and move my arms on occasion though...you know, when I want a drink of water or need to adjust the radio or something LOL.

Fred, I don't have time to argue with ya anymore. You win. TMC must be the best cause you say it is. I'll be sure to tell Steve that he's lost the battle, he might as well throw in the towel. LOL. I'm guessing that he's probably not sleeping right now he's so worried about it.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
LOL...yes, you would forget something like that wouldn't ya?

You know, as a toolmaker, I would buy tools through the company. They would pay for them and hold the money out of my check weekly. So, by this reasoning, the tools were free. After all, I now owe nothing, pay nothing now.

How does TMC reimburse you for the schooling? Is it a lump sum at the end of the 6 months? Or do they pay it back over the next six months? That would basicly work out to a 12 month commitment if so.
TMC does have a 12month commitment and I had no problem with that. I knew it going in.
Quote:
As for the ragged equipment. Apparently your not looking too close, but Maverick's trucks are far from ragged. In fact they replace their trucks at 3 years of age, some sooner depending on the miles as I understand it.
Once again, here you are being a little paranoid. I never said that MAVERICK had ragged equipment, just that TMC did NOT. You continue to fight a fight that is non existent.

Quote:
I have to agree with you that the auto transmissions are just terrible. Every time I pull away from a red light with both arms on the arm rest, kicked back taking it easy while the transmission takes care of itself. I just can't stand the work involved in that! LOL. It's even worse in Chicago during rush hour with all that stop and go traffic. I do have to lean forward and move my arms on occasion though...you know, when I want a drink of water or need to adjust the radio or something LOL.
I guess you never had that auto shift out in the snow. Total lack of control as the truck hunts for the right gear and keeps you (or puts you) in a ditch.

Quote:
Fred, I don't have time to argue with ya anymore. You win. TMC must be the best cause you say it is. I'll be sure to tell Steve that he's lost the battle, he might as well throw in the towel. LOL. I'm guessing that he's probably not sleeping right now he's so worried about it.
I never WAS arguing and I wasn't aware that you were Steve's "soldier" in this fabricated (by you) "battle".
And once again for deaf, pig-headed loudmouths like yourself: I never said TMC was "the best" I just speak of MY experience with them and never once said we are "better than" Maverick. Just different.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Not trying to stir anything up but I am curious..........So it seems that Maverick pays more during orientation and training.......but what are the numbers AFTER that????