User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I just got a call from them that I was accepted and to go to Salt Lake for orientation.I don`t think I will do that after reading this.
It is true that there is many companies you can hear good and bad about from different people but look at this...I post a question about Crete and Barr Nunn on here and didn`t get one negative respons.I talk to a friend of mine at teh place where I`m right now and he said he worked for Crete for a few years and made very good money.So this kind of boards do help to people who look for a good place to work, after reading this I just made my mind not to take the job.I actualy got on here looking for drivers who know more about CRE after I received a call from them, just to see what people think.And it`s not good.So I think I`ll pass, I have to call Crete in a day or two,I`ll feel better going with them anyway.
Thanks for the good info.

JJ
Old 05-08-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_jeff11us
I just got a call from them that I was accepted and to go to Salt Lake for orientation.I don`t think I will do that after reading this.
It is true that there is many companies you can hear good and bad about from different people but look at this...I post a question about Crete and Barr Nunn on here and didn`t get one negative respons.I talk to a friend of mine at teh place where I`m right now and he said he worked for Crete for a few years and made very good money.So this kind of boards do help to people who look for a good place to work, after reading this I just made my mind not to take the job.I actualy got on here looking for drivers who know more about CRE after I received a call from them, just to see what people think.And it`s not good.So I think I`ll pass, I have to call Crete in a day or two,I`ll feel better going with them anyway.
Thanks for the good info.

JJ
Anytime.And wise decision.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:17 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia92200
I've worked for C.R.England as a lease operator for 2 years, went through their training and I've made crap loads of money with them, even after taking 3 months vacation last year. I recruit people to England and don't give them my driver code because I'm more interested in helping people succed rather than make money. I will have my truck paid off in 14 more months, but I am free to take my truck to any company any time I please. England puts 150 new drivers on the road every week and alot of people don't know how to run their own business so they don't need to try. I will defend C.R. England to anyone that would like me to.

BULLSHIT!!!!

First off a 3 month vacation would cost $7200 in lease payments alone.
You worked for them 2 years and made enough to waste 7 grand?
BITCH PLEASE.

You cannot take your truck where you want.
I had the SAME contract. You are OBLIGATED to CR England.

So...STFU
Old 05-09-2007, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerian
Quote:
I've worked for C.R.England as a lease operator for 2 years, went through their training and I've made crap loads of money with them, even after taking 3 months vacation last year. I recruit people to England and don't give them my driver code because I'm more interested in helping people succed rather than make money. I will have my truck paid off in 14 more months, but I am free to take my truck to any company any time I please. England puts 150 new drivers on the road every week and alot of people don't know how to run their own business so they don't need to try. I will defend C.R. England to anyone that would like me to.

BULLSHIT!!!!

BITCH PLEASE.

So...STFU
Spencerian,what you say is very true.And im going to have to steal your avatar,lol...Thats what i feel like saying everytime i hear the recording.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerian
Quote:

BULLSHIT!!!!

BITCH PLEASE.

So...STFU
be nice.....a recruiter can claim anything they want :lol: :lol:
Old 05-09-2007, 02:58 AM
Rookie

Sorry to dash your thoughts that I am a recruiter. I am a driver with CRE. Truck 92200. I don't have to defend England to anyone because it's not the right company for a lot of people. They are a company that gives chances to guys that other companies won't touch and they are a training company. In response to some questions about my first post. Even though I lease the truck through England, my lease states that I am free to haul for whomever I wish as long as I give England a 60 day notice and make my payments on time. (One of the lawsuits by OOIDA gave lease ops that right in a 3rd party lease like England's and several other companies) When I signed my lease I started a fund so that a set amount comes out of my check every week into a seperate account based on the approx price I will have to pay to purchase at the end of the lease. (Varies depending on condition and miles) As far as the illegal licences, that did happen in the Mira Loma school and I think at the East Chicago school. Instructors didn't keep up their certifications and England wasn't auditing them like they should have. And trust me, I didn't like their training program and CAT program either, but I did it just to get it over with. I probably won't stay with England after I purchase my truck, but they have been good about teaching me what I need to know to run a successful business. If I can bring home over $40 thousand in my first year with the high cost of doing business, I should be ok when I'm making a better rate for freight. I really hope that alot of what you hear bad about ANY trucking company comes from people that have had bad experiences with that company. I've found people that will tell me how crooked DART, JB HUNT, PRIME, SWIFT, and COVENANT are. Like I said before, I welcome the comments and will answer any questions I know the answer to. I'm not trying to recruit for a bonus I just want ya'll to understand that they aren't as evil as you might think, just impersonal to new hires because they understand that 99-100% of each weeks class is not going to stay more than 8 months.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:05 AM
Board Icon

$0.85 per mile.

End of thread. :roll:
Old 05-09-2007, 03:16 AM
Rookie

sorry dude, we work on a sliding scale pay rate now. .89 to 1.52 per mile plus fuel surcharge. And do the math, 1 week off in March, 1 week off in May, 1 week off in July, 1 week off in August, The entire month of October off to be with my dad during his surgery recovery, and the last two weeks of December and first two weeks of January. I do believe that adds up. I don't have to lie to anyone on here because I have the paperwork in my truck to back up everything I say and I willingly show it to anyone when they question me in person. I'm not on here for a recruiting bonus, and will never give anyone the info they need to put me down as a reference so that I get a recruiting bonus. Not the way I work. I simply do my job very well so that I can be sure I'm safe and make it home to chill every now and then. Believe what you want. END OF THREAD
Old 05-09-2007, 03:39 AM

Conflicting end of threads.... :shock:

Does this mean it's the end of the thread????

I've had friends who ended up @ England to do alright. But their "ALRIGHT" is someone else's "NO WAY".

We should all be in the business for two reasons right off the bat..

1. Because we like what we do

2. Because we want to make as much money as humanly possible in this industry.

No one should be taking on their L/P. Especially right out of school. Not smart. But they will learn a hard lesson. There will be a few (like 1 out of 100) who may make it work, but again, their "ALRIGHT" will most likely be everyones "NO-WAY"

Same thing for the co-drivers. My buddy's went co, they are gone nearly 2 months at a time, but they like it. So it works for them.

Not defending England. But don't feel bad for anyone who joins them with no research, then comes here to bash em.

The short, do your research!! If your here for the first time, reading this thread to learn about England, take it for what's it's worth. Don't make a mistake to come back hear and cry about it, no one will pity you.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:27 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
sorry dude, we work on a sliding scale pay rate now. .89 to 1.52 per mile plus fuel surcharge.
How many $1.52 per mile loads did you haul last year? :roll:

Quote:
And do the math, 1 week off in March, 1 week off in May, 1 week off in July, 1 week off in August, The entire month of October off to be with my dad during his surgery recovery, and the last two weeks of December and first two weeks of January.
10 weeks off. Wow. I'm so unimpressed.

Quote:
I do believe that adds up. I don't have to lie to anyone on here because I have the paperwork in my truck to back up everything I say and I willingly show it to anyone when they question me in person.
So show us your costs. You do know your fixed and variable costs, don't you? You don't need paperwork for that.

[quote] I'm not on here for a recruiting bonus, and will never give anyone the info they need to put me down as a reference so that I get a recruiting bonus. Not the way I work.[quote]

You keep parroting this same line. Why?

Quote:
I simply do my job very well so that I can be sure I'm safe and make it home to chill every now and then. Believe what you want. END OF THREAD
The thread will be ended when you prove me wrong about CRE. You haven't done so yet.