User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default All About Cr England.

Greetings fellow drivers,this is my first post here.I stumbled upon this site by chance and thought it was actually well put together.While surfing these message boards,i noticed alot of topics about CR england,so i decided to contribute my .02 cents.I started The Cr England trucking school in mira loma,california late feb of '06.The course lasts 2 1/2 weeks.They will give you all the answers to the cdl permit test verbatum.All you do is memorize the answers,and as for your driving test the instructors on site for cr england are certified to issue it to you upon completion of your test.After i completed this stage i,along with the other graduates met with a coordinator,who promptly threatened us,that if we left without completing our training,that they would put this on our dac and destroy our credit.This was just the beginning of many threats.Upon recieving my trainer,i met him at our mira loma school.I requested a non-smoker trainer.when he arrived,there was also another student with him.A 350lbs pleasant fellow.So it was 3 grown men getting ready to travel the u.s.200 miles down the road my trainer fired up a cigarette,needless to say i requested a non smoker,but i guess the training dept didnt feel i needed one.Long story short my trainer didnt bathe but maybe every 6 days.The smell began to grow putrid.MY trainer also would not teach or show us how to back or any kind of manuever.HE would simply put us on the highway and let us roll.After a week,i got off the truck and went back to california and requested a new trainer.I recieved a new trainer and completed my training with him after 3 more weeks.after you complete training you have to "upgrade" and complete a series of saftey meetings and instruction,where they all but force you to lease a truck.The cheapest truck payment you will recieve if you decide to do a lease is $625 dollars a week, along with many other deductions you will pay.Also,your pay during training is $50 dollars a day(and they take $75 dollars out of your check a week for your school payment).This money is paid out from your trainer to england,and england in turn pays you.You driver-trainer gets paid for ALL miles you drive.Basically you got a trainer getting paid for team miles while you get peanuts.

Upon completion of training you will go out for ANOTHER 3 weeks with what is called a "cat 1st seat.During this phase you will get .11 cents a mile for 3 weeks.The cat 1st seat is a new driver who has decided to lease a truck,so they put you on the truck with the cat 1st seat once again in a pimp/hoe type of role,but in this situation it can be dangerous because all cat 1st seats have less than 6mo experience.MY own personal experience with the cat 1st seat was,he would often try to get me to do most of the driving and he also took 3 days off and parked the truck in front of his house.which means,if the truck doesnt move,i dont get payed either.So i toughed it out and dealt with it.After 3 weeks i was done,i was assigned my own truck which, was a 395,xxx mile freightliner.

About 6 weeks after i went company and i got my truck,i decided to apply at u.s express. I took a few days off from work to attend there orientation at there terminal in california.I completed all of the orientation,but at the end when u.s express called england to verify my employment,CR england refused to give any reference or even acknowlegde the fact i worked for them.I hadnt worked long enough for it to have been reported on my DAC that i was in fact an England employee.So i couldnt work for u.s express at the time.I decided to just tough it out for a year with england to get my experience and go local.

During the duration of my employment,i was constantly lied to about loadtimes and my disptach didnt get me home for thanksgiving after i put in for it 6 weeks in advance.the majority of my loads with CR England were 40,000lbs plus loads with alot of north east.You will deliver at odd times,you will have to deal with alot of lumpers and you will have to get alot of washouts.I was never paid for my orientation with england.they constantly "lost" my lumper receipts that i turned in with my trip paks and would try to charge me the driver for the expense.IF you go with this company you WILL LEARN ALOT about truck driving,merely because you are often forced to problem solve your own situations.The road service dept is a joke,and you better have a cell phone because all they will do is give you a local dealership to get towed too.You will have to call them up,along with the tow company.I was averaging about 1700 miles a week during my employ with CRE,which doesnt constitute much because when i started with them,they were paying .24 cents a mile.The good thing about england though,is that theyre a huge company with alot of drivers,so if you need something like logbooks or extra trip paks youll always run into another CRE driver if you need to bum some off them.What alot of people also dont know is a few years back a lease operator commited suicide in his tractor while sitting at a shipper.ALso,about 2 years ago,england was audited by the D.O.T for issuing CDL's to drivers from instructers who werent even certified to do so.All of the drivers who recieved there CDL from CRE during that fiscal year had there CDL's recalled and made null and void until they returned to there home state and retook the exam at the DMV.After a year of 0 accidents and 0 citations i went to ABF,and i havent looked back.I did this because at the time i was desperate and didnt have any other options so i signed on with CRE and went through all this.In conclusion the only people who lease trucks from CRE are people with bad credit and have been sold on the "own your own business" lie they tell you.When it all boils down to it,its not your truck,youre an england employee just like everyone else,and when you realize what youve done its already to late.They will lie to you and try to cheat you,MAKE COPIES OF EVERY RECEIPT,and make copies of all your bills,because they will "lose" something at sometime or another,and make you pay for it.Good Luck.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Default CR England Inc Trucking And CDL Program.

The Truth About CR ENGLAND INC Salt Lake City Ut.
Anyone seeking Training Really Needs To Look Else Where'
This is not!.. A'..Company I' will give any good remarks'
CR England has done nothing for Drivers or Students'
And its about time' the former students' drivers speak out!
' This Company just look' on the 'Trucking Forums' how many..
Times 'do you see 'CR England Inc Trucking' Many Many
Former CR England Drivers and Students have spoke!
Can anybody say oneday will go by without bitter truth.
Drivers being stranded ' A' Lease That Needs To Be Done Away'
Lease its just pure driver no gain come on CR England'
You need to have some ....Class ..About ...Your..Self..
Nothing But ...Total ...CR England.. Better Yet ..Sell .
To some respectable People.. Can You Think On That.
Drivers Send Your Letters To The Groups That Help People
CR ENGLAND PLEASE JUST CLOSE YOUR DOORS..
GOOD SUPPLIERS DONT NEED CRUMMY COMPANIES
THINK ABOUT THAT REALLY
Old 04-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Senior Board Member

I never understood the lease program.

I used to rent a truck from Ryder OR Penske for months at a time, and never paid more than $550/wk for a tractor I did 0% maintenance on. I did have a .10/mileage charge, but England also gives you a reach-around and charges mileage too on the unit.

Its funny, they won't let you rent a truck and be an o/o without 1 year exp, but they throw you in a truck and charge out the arse weekly. hell, even their formula on the webpage boast a $52,000 profit, but they base it on, like 150,000 miles/solo/annually.

It might also be a requirement that you leave a LARGE ziplock bag filled with human urine and feces next to a United Van Lines truck at mile marker 320 on I40 in Crossville, TN too :roll:
Old 04-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Good post! I had a CRE recruiter crawling up my butt many moons ago trying to get me to come through their program. Every time I read something like this, I'm that much more grateful I had the good sense to shy away from that outfit.

Do they still do mostly/all frozen, and still make drivers restack all of that shit from little pallets to big pallets for free?

Telling that CRE recruiter no thank you was the best choice I ever made for sure. (I think staying away from the Pumpkin was the second best. I paid up the gazoo to go to school on my own, but I've never had a crappy driving job, unless you count my nine days of insanity where I had a brief encounter with the concrete industry. Shiver.)
Old 04-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: CR England Inc Trucking And CDL Program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roco
The Truth About CR ENGLAND INC Salt Lake City Ut.
Anyone seeking Training Really Needs To Look Else Where'
This is not!.. A'..Company I' will give any good remarks'
CR England has done nothing for Drivers or Students'
And its about time' the former students' drivers speak out!
' This Company just look' on the 'Trucking Forums' how many..
Times 'do you see 'CR England Inc Trucking' Many Many
Former CR England Drivers and Students have spoke!
Can anybody say oneday will go by without bitter truth.
Drivers being stranded ' A' Lease That Needs To Be Done Away'
Lease its just pure driver no gain come on CR England'
You need to have some ....Class ..About ...Your..Self..
Nothing But ...Total ...CR England.. Better Yet ..Sell .
To some respectable People.. Can You Think On That.
Drivers Send Your Letters To The Groups That Help People
CR ENGLAND PLEASE JUST CLOSE YOUR DOORS..
GOOD SUPPLIERS DONT NEED CRUMMY COMPANIES
THINK ABOUT THAT REALLY
maybe it's just me, but this post isn't the easiest to comprehend :wink:
Old 04-23-2007, 09:41 PM

If this thread doesn't want to make you stay away from CR England, nothing will.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Board Regular

silvan, what was your brief encounter with the concrete industry? What were you driving and for whom?
Old 04-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Board Icon

His concrete experience was prolly driving a mixer in the dead of winter with no heat or middle of summer with no AC. Those tiny little cabs get hotter than Hades in the summer. Very dirty when washing out the drum if your not aware of how your spraying the water in. The newer trucks are real easy to run, huge cabs with AC and heat, hand held button controls instead of 2 pogo sticks and a switch. Peterbilt put out a truck that came with a hand held control that fit in your palm and was wireless.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:54 PM

The only thing that bothers me is that there are alot of good people who try to start out with that company,good people,honest people who just want to support there family and get a foot in the door.And england just capitalizes off the "dream of your own business",and just puts these good people through the ringer.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Geeeeessseee.

Another CRE post on how bad it is over there.

I know this info was here on this board...why don't drivers read and learn from others?

If you are reading this, and then go to get hired at CRE, PLEASE DON'T COME BACK HERE AND POST HOW BAD YOU GOT IT OVER THERE!!!!

Now, if you are just finding this posting, and are new to this board, this doesn't apply to you. But there are those who have been with this board for awhile, and should have known better.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'