User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Has JB Hunt Changed?

Hello again everyone, I just completely healed from my injury and im going back to work as a driver and its going to be so good to be back where everything feels right, however I got a call from JB Hunt the other day and was asked to sign on with them as soon as I did another training stit with CR England, yes im going back there to finish my training although I am ready to drive on my own, I feel after being off for almost a year after my bad experience with someone else that I should do a little more training to get familiar with things again,

A JB hunt recruiter told me that they do not like to train anymore and take drivers with some experience now, I remember once that hunt was using drivers with only 3 months OTR experience to train new drivers, OMG, anyway can anyone tell me if they have had a makeover or something and is that joke of a reputation finally gone? any help would be apreciated thank you.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Senior Board Member

You would have to ask "He who dances with sheep" Sheepdancer. He would have the knowledge you seek.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:42 PM

Dont bother with JB Hunt. They have a lousy rep because they earned it. You would like a head of cattle in a giant herd. You would be "capacity" for them. CR England is probably even worse from what I've been hearing from their drivers and reading. Grin and bear it and stay out of trouble for a year, then get yourself far away from outfits like those 2. They will never be a place to make a career for all but a few guys.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Board Regular

The only JB Hunt trucks I see are doing Truck Rail, an down here in southern CA thats all I see and they got a butt load of containers goin everywhere all hrs of the day. I see may be 5-15 JB OTR trucks in a week.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Board Icon

I see a Joe Bob truck everyonce in a while, pulling a PPG trailer.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 04-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Run from JB Hunt.

RUN FASTER FROM C.R.ENGLAND!!!!!

IMHO you picked the worst two companies on this board. CRE is just a rotton company, and should have been out of business long ago, according to those who have worked here. They will post their comments if you ask.

I have no love for JB Hunt. I'm disgruntal for a reason. Enough said.

You might want to try Schnieder....not too many bad things stated on this board lately about them.[/u]

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 04-16-2007, 02:01 AM
Board Regular

Yep, I agree with the above, stay far away from JB and CR.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:01 AM
Rookie
Default JB Has Changed!!!

Yes, it's true, as with any other BIG carrier, you're a number, not a person. I work for JB, and get ribbed a lot. I'm not here to have fun, or be popular. I'm here to make a paycheck, and drive safely, and legally. JB doesn't train anymore, you need 6 mo's experience to hire on now. Their equipment is fairly new, and well maintained. They're not perfect, but who is? Talk to a recruiter, and ask lots of questions. You'll get a better picture of what JB is like than you will listening to a lot of people shooting JB down based on old info, and bad reputations. JB now has one of the highest safety ratings in the industry!!! (means a lot less time spent entering/exiting scales) Good Luck!
Old 04-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Some people will tell you to stay away. Some drivers will tell you that you will do good over here. Who you want to listen to is up to you. However, you really arent going to know if you are going to do well over here unless you work here. Also, if you come into any job expecting the negative to happen, you will fail everytime.

I can post some of the email I just got from operations about 5 minutes ago. It has some interesting facts.
TOP-PAID DRIVERS: Our top OTR driver for 2006 earned $82,255
The top DCS driver earned $92,422 on the Family Dollar account out of NY

TOP 10%: The top 10% of drivers earned an average of $58,287, with an earnings range from $53,235 to $82,225.

The Average pay accross the board was $44,044. Keep in mind that these numbers do not include accessory pay and monthly bonuses. Currently about 50% of our drivers are recieving monthly bonuses.

MILLION MILE BONUSES: Over the past ten years; more than 2,200 drivers have received safety bonuses of $5,000, $10,000 or $20,000 for reaching one, two or three million safe miles. We have presented six awards for achieving the Three Million milestone. There are currently 870 active one million mile drivers. A $40,000 award-level for four million miles was just added to the program in 2006.

Ok....that was copied and pasted from an internal corporate email. (Sheesh, I hope I dont get in trouble for posting it) If Im not here in a week or so, you will know why. :shock:
There are the numbers. If you are an above average driver, you will make more than 44 grand plus bonuses. If you are a below average driver you will make less. If you are better than 90% of the drivers out there, you will make really great money.
And if you want to touch every bit of 2200 pieces of floor loaded freight even when its 120 degress in the trailer, and you are a great driver,you can make possibly make more money that most drivers in this country. (family dollar)
Old 04-17-2007, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
The Average pay accross the board was $44,044. Keep in mind that these numbers do not include accessory pay and monthly bonuses. Currently about 50% of our drivers are recieving monthly bonuses.

What is accessory pay and what type of bonuses are you talking about, are those for OTR drivers or Local?