User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2007, 04:09 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Some people will tell you to stay away. Some drivers will tell you that you will do good over here. Who you want to listen to is up to you. However, you really arent going to know if you are going to do well over here unless you work here. Also, if you come into any job expecting the negative to happen, you will fail everytime.

I can post some of the email I just got from operations about 5 minutes ago. It has some interesting facts.
TOP-PAID DRIVERS: Our top OTR driver for 2006 earned $82,255
The top DCS driver earned $92,422 on the Family Dollar account out of NY

TOP 10%: The top 10% of drivers earned an average of $58,287, with an earnings range from $53,235 to $82,225.

The Average pay accross the board was $44,044. Keep in mind that these numbers do not include accessory pay and monthly bonuses. Currently about 50% of our drivers are recieving monthly bonuses.

MILLION MILE BONUSES: Over the past ten years; more than 2,200 drivers have received safety bonuses of $5,000, $10,000 or $20,000 for reaching one, two or three million safe miles. We have presented six awards for achieving the Three Million milestone. There are currently 870 active one million mile drivers. A $40,000 award-level for four million miles was just added to the program in 2006.

Ok....that was copied and pasted from an internal corporate email. (Sheesh, I hope I dont get in trouble for posting it) If Im not here in a week or so, you will know why. :shock:
There are the numbers. If you are an above average driver, you will make more than 44 grand plus bonuses. If you are a below average driver you will make less. If you are better than 90% of the drivers out there, you will make really great money.
And if you want to touch every bit of 2200 pieces of floor loaded freight even when its 120 degress in the trailer, and you are a great driver,you can make possibly make more money that most drivers in this country. (family dollar)

You know what? Go ahead and work for JB. Ignore all of the past drivers who have had nothing but problems with them. We are all just "below average drivers", anyways.

Besides, if you are busy.....ok, sitting at a truckstop, waiting for your next job with JB, you WON'T be making real money with a better company. Let one of us "below average driver" take that job. :twisted: :twisted:

Quote:
The Average pay accross the board was $44,044.
Our top OTR driver for 2006 earned $82,255
The top DCS driver earned $92,422 on the Family Dollar account out of NY

TOP 10%: The top 10% of drivers earned an average of $58,287, with an earnings range from $53,235 to $82,225.
heheheheheheheheHEHEHEHEHAHEHAHAEHEAHAHEEHA

OH, MAN, THAT'S JUST FUNNY......

Do your math. If the top 10% start out at 53, 235, the rest of the 90% is below that. In order to have a average of 44,044, their have to be drivers on the bottom making 10,000 - 20,000.

Sheepdancer, why not post how many "below average drivers" you got waiting in a truckstop for their loads?

Or better yet, why not post what the OTR drivers average is? hmmmmm...wouldn't do you no good to do that...you want them to sit...I mean work for Jb.

But you know, dances with the sheep? This has been talked about before. You and your fellow recruiters laugh as you anger the drivers on this board. And many, including myself, are tired of talking about what your really like. So I'll stop with this......

If you want to know what drivers on this board think about ANY company, stop being so lazy, and do a search, and read up. We have all posted our past experience here, and with a few exceptions (and a few glitches), most of them are still here.

If you can't seem to get the idea of what a company is like from that, go work for them, and find out for yourself.

You've been warned.

Have a nice day. :roll:

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 04-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Senior Board Member

After I have had time to cool down about Sheepdancer "below average driver" comment, I decided to post this.

There are some drivers who are doing well at JB. They are far and few. And the do post here, and have one thing in common. They are on deadicated accounts. These account include Walmart, Family Dollar, and run like those. They seem to do very well.

I was OTR. Took everything they would give, and got no miles. And I don't see any post stating that the OTR drivers were happy.....most need to support families, and got hung out to dry by the dispatcher, trying to teach the driver a lesson, I guess on who is boss.

If you can get on a account, you might do good. Stay away from OTR.

Good luck.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 04-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Board Regular

If your a so called "above average driver" why would you work for a below average company with a lousy reputation ? Great drivers with clean MVR's work for Walmart,UPS,Yellow,Roadway,ABF,Fedex etc., the great drivers that work for JB are just shortchanging themselves , especially the ones nieve enough to work on the OTR side of things .
Old 04-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
If you want to know what drivers on this board think about ANY company, stop being so lazy, and do a search, and read up. We have all posted our past experience here, and with a few exceptions (and a few glitches), most of them are still here.
Once again pay attention, Cluggy. I dont need to do a search on a message board to find out what drivers think about a company. I talk to far more drivers every single day about every company than post on this message board in a month. Also as a recruiter, I talk to far more drivers on a daily basis and talk about their companies than any driver out there. Yes, disgruntled drivers like to vent on message boards....we know that. I will say this again. There isnt a company out there where I havent talked to a driver who would say that his employer is the worst employer in the world. Also there isnt a company out there where I havent talked to a driver that is doing well over there. For the most part drivers are happy with their employers no matter what the company. On message boards, for the most part drivers are venting.
Still answer this. I have hired many drivers out here on these boards. Where are all the posts of the drivers Ive hired that are doing bad or did bad? In fact not too long ago, I hired a driver here for OTR who posts that he did well over here and It was EXACTLY like I said. Where did that driver come from? Oh Yeah, ROADWAY. YES, after he was called back from the layoff he went back to roadway. But he had nothing but good things to say about his experience here. If he gets laid off again, he will be back again.
Who knows why you didnt do above average over here, cluggy? Perhaps your attitude wasnt where it should be. I do know that when I hire an OTR driver, I can tell him what to do to make above average earnings. Some drivers listen and do what I suggest. Some drivers think they know a better way and usually end up doing poorly. Ive been doing this long enough where I can usually tell just by getting to know the driver and talking to him or her whether or not he is going to do well over here.
Now here is the thing. Even if I know a driver has the wrong attitude to succeed, Im going to still hire him. I will risk him failing and putting the blame on me. I expect it. That is just part of the job. Its always the recruiters fault. Those things dont bother me at all. What makes my job great is when I hire a driver, he does what I say to succeed and he does so well that he sends me other drivers to hire every week. What really makes my job fun is drivers like you telling me I dont ever hire drivers over here that do well. The VAST majority of my success as a recruiter comes from referals from other drivers I have hired and are doing well over here. If I didnt have those referals, I wouldnt make half the money I make now.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Default JB HUNT

Whatis the deal with JB Hunt call me yesterday as if me million question and ask if I would like too lease a truck after three years it would me mine. :?:
I Like to know whats going on here? Theres gota be catch somewhere. *LMAO*
Old 04-17-2007, 05:26 PM

Not to hijack the thread but I would like to know what accessory and bonus pay you are talking about Sheepdancer
Old 04-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Accessory pay would be short haul pay, hazmat pay, layover pay, hourly trailer spoting pay...ect....
The main bonus for all drivers is the idle time bonus. 2 cpm paid out monthly. About 50% of our drivers get that. Occasional other bonuses decided by fleet managers happen sometimes.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Accessory pay would be short haul pay, hazmat pay, layover pay, hourly trailer spoting pay...ect....
The main bonus for all drivers is the idle time bonus. 2 cpm paid out monthly. About 50% of our drivers get that. Occasional other bonuses decided by fleet managers happen sometimes.
Ok thank you. Not to be arguementive but I dont think you guys have hazmat pay, or at least I have never heard of that, a load is a load over there, and layover pay if I am not mistaken is for over 24 hours which would just take place of any miles not driven. Anyway thanx, Ive been around for awhile and thats the first time I have heard of accessory pay
Old 04-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Senior Board Member

yes we pay extra for hazmat loads. Not that we have very many of them.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:25 PM

Been around and never heard of accessory pay,well,well, I know worst things have happened. Bottom line is that all extra pay is accessory pay, extra work = accessory pay. Now this really gets particular with bedbuggers.