User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 02:35 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default US Xpress

Does anyone currently drive for them? How many miles are you currently getting? Do the trucks have CD players or cassete players? Do the trucks have clutches even though they are auto shift? I know recruiters sugar coat everything so I was wanting to know from a driver.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:10 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: US Xpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighteremtb78
Does anyone currently drive for them? How many miles are you currently getting? Do the trucks have CD players or cassete players? Do the trucks have clutches even though they are auto shift? I know recruiters sugar coat everything so I was wanting to know from a driver.
i was a solo driver for us them strated driving team with my wife, we have been running with them (as a team) for over three years so we know a little about them.

RIGHT NOW we have been running about 5000 per week but things are slow. most of the year we run around 6500, solo's run about 2700-2900 per week. like i said things are slow this time of year so the solo's are getting about 2500. solo's running dollar genral run loss pre week but make more on stop and layover pay.

the older trucks (03-05) have cassete players all the newer ones have CD players.

again the older trucks (03-04) have clutches even though they are auto shift. anything newer is clutchless. and we love them

we have very few 03 or 04's
Old 04-06-2007, 04:19 AM
Rookie

i drove 4 them from august to feb of this yr i can tell u they pay on a sliding scale,they have all fully auto shift trucks no clutch,they have on their new trucks driver tech with gps and they r putting it in all of their trucks,they have camera's on the passanger fenders and on there new trailers they have a hook up for a camera on the back of the trailer, but why i left in 6 months of being there i only got 3000 miles 3 times i only got around 2000 miles a week or less they look out 4 there drivers that have been there 4 yrs and dedicated drivers and ill be honest the nite and weekend shift dont have a clue sometimes neither does ur dispatcher just letting u know and i can let u know they r about to take over convenant because dave parker the brother of max fuller the owner of us xpress is going to become a fulltime minister
Old 04-06-2007, 04:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbreeze36
i drove 4 them from august to feb of this yr i can tell u they pay on a sliding scale,they have all fully auto shift trucks no clutch,they have on their new trucks driver tech with gps and they r putting it in all of their trucks,they have camera's on the passanger fenders and on there new trailers they have a hook up for a camera on the back of the trailer, but why i left in 6 months of being there i only got 3000 miles 3 times i only got around 2000 miles a week or less they look out 4 there drivers that have been there 4 yrs and dedicated drivers and ill be honest the nite and weekend shift dont have a clue sometimes neither does ur dispatcher just letting u know and i can let u know they r about to take over convenant because dave parker the brother of max fuller the owner of us xpress is going to become a fulltime minister
us is only going to RUN the OPS side of convenant for two years thay are not taking over convenant. (mama wouldn't let them) dave parker is going to be gone for only two years. mission minister work.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Rookie

whats the per diem pay?
Old 04-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Rookie

hate to bust ur bubble but momma is the keeping up with how much max has given dave this aint coming from me and dave has told his momma he wants to b a minister get out of the trucking business
Old 04-07-2007, 04:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
whats the per diem pay?
i would stay away from per diem pay it will mess up things you are not thinking about, it's better to take it off at the end of the year (you'll make out better) but as to what you asked if your pay SHOULD be .28cpm thay pay you .20cpm (tax) and .06cpm (no tex per diem) you will make less but take home more using per diem.

IRS gives you write off of 75% of $52 a day for per diem or $39 but you will have to run 650ml to get the $39 per diem max at .06cpm and you would need to run 650ml every day, what if you are brake down or you need a 34hr (no per diem pay for that day)or your load for the day is only 500ml.

i just keep up with the days i'm not home and take it at the end of the year, have checked it both ways and this works out better for me.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flood
Quote:
whats the per diem pay?
i would stay away from per diem pay it will mess up things you are not thinking about, it's better to take it off at the end of the year (you'll make out better) but as to what you asked if your pay SHOULD be .28cpm thay pay you .20cpm (tax) and .06cpm (no tex per diem) you will make less but take home more using per diem.
Per diem pay in real money to the driver is a rip-off, period. It will appear to be more income, however....it will effectively reduce your Social Security benefits, and all you are doing is saving the company 7.62% of Social Security payments on your income. And you're not paying it either, and its a double edged sword...read on.

Quote:
IRS gives you write off of 75% of $52 a day for per diem or $39
This is for each 24 hour period on the road away from home. And essentially... its a freeby.

Quote:
but you will have to run 650ml to get the $39 per diem max at .06cpm and you would need to run 650ml every day, what if you are brake down or you need a 34hr (no per diem pay for that day)or your load for the day is only 500ml.
Looks like in addition to that rip-off sliding mileage scale... more miles = less pay...they found another way to hose their drivers. :x I would even question the actual legality of that. If you're not home.... you should get it, period. So I guess what you're saying is that the "Good Christians" at USX have figured out a number of ways to literally "screw their drivers" and line their own pockets?

Even the IRS isn't that crooked. Just being away from home overnight qualifies for the deduction.

Quote:
i just keep up with the days i'm not home and take it at the end of the year, have checked it both ways and this works out better for me.
It will normally always work out better. Two reasons; First...using the IRS per diem formula is a freeby in that you don't have to spend a dime to get it nor do you have to produce receipts if audited to prove anything. Your logbooks are all the proof you need. Second, what alot of people fail to realize and understand is that when you get paid "per-diem" in real money, you have to provide receipts to back up the use of the money, and if you can't prove spending it all....the difference is to be converted to "ordinary income" which is taxable.

A person can probably get away with mis-handling "cash per-diem" for a while....but if ever there is an audit :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: that person should wear diapers to the audit....they're going to need them when they find out how many $$$$ they owe the Fed... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bottom line: DON'T DO IT!!!

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Senior Board Member

also if you are trying to get a loan (house ,car, etc.) thay look at TAXABLE income. :shock: and as per diem is not taxed it doesn't show up so on PAPER you make less. :dung:

put it this way lets say w/per diem you make $44,000 a year but when you go to get a loan ON PAPER you made $32,000

now as to the sliding mileage scale: I THINK it is strange but i do understand it, you make a little more on the shorter runs to make up for the time you lose (d&h,bumping dock, load/unload) or look at it this way if you have a 800ml run most of your time will be just driving but if you have a 400ml run after you (bump dock, d&h on both ends & wait for your next load) you can't driver as much so thay pay a little more to make up for it. thay also pay stoppay, rail drop. i know alot of drivers that are making good money just doing rail.(not our thing)
Old 04-07-2007, 11:09 PM

They will make you pay 100$ for the physical that they want to give you regardless of if you have your own physical card or not. They dont make you pay up front but if you quit after a month they will have a collection agency try to get the money for them. When you go to orentation ask to see what you are signing because they will have you sign on a computer pad without showing you what it is for. I was anxious so I just signed everything, but as I have learned dont trust anyone at these companys. Live and learn. Good luck 8)