User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

My husband drove for them for a few months. What a nightmare! I won't get into it (I'm fried on it), but we had to get the bureau of labor on them, it was that bad. He also had to sit for days at a time. Mileage sucked...he was averaging $200/wk. He's with Knight now (he's left a couple times but always goes back). There's problems, but they pale in comparison to US Express.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:25 PM
Rookie

was your hubby just starting out or has he been driving for awhile?
Old 04-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahawus
They will make you pay 100$ for the physical that they want to give you regardless of if you have your own physical card or not. They dont make you pay up front but if you quit after a month they will have a collection agency try to get the money for them. When you go to orentation ask to see what you are signing because they will have you sign on a computer pad without showing you what it is for. I was anxious so I just signed everything, but as I have learned dont trust anyone at these companys. Live and learn. Good luck 8)
whats the big deal almost all companies to that just as thay all drug test you when you go to orentation and thay tell you in orentation that if you fail the physical or fail the drug test or if you don't work for them for more than (not sure but i think it's two month's) that you have to pay it. just like almost all companies do.

you said "they will have you sign on a computer pad without showing you what it is for" i have never seen or herd of this, not saying it isn't true just i have never seen it happen.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:26 AM
Board Regular

I heard US Express is a good company.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:54 AM
Rookie

Hey, firefighteremtb78. My husband had been driving a couple years, but he'd talked to a recruiter with US Express who made big promises so he switched to them. He was a really good driver for them, always on time with pickups and deliveries and never turned down loads. They were horrible. We're good with Knight, though it's pretty lean right now.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:28 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellylover
Hey, firefighteremtb78. My husband had been driving a couple years, but he'd talked to a recruiter with US Express who made big promises so he switched to them. He was a really good driver for them, always on time with pickups and deliveries and never turned down loads. They were horrible. We're good with Knight, though it's pretty lean right now.

kinda scary as things typically pick up this time of the year, although tax season isn't quite over just yet...
Old 04-11-2007, 08:56 PM

They never did show me what I was signing when I was in orentation. However it was my fault for believeing what they told me verbally that I was signing. A prospective employer also faxed them some papers asking about my employment there, and they said I abandoned the truck, that is a flat out lie. I would not recommend US Express to anyone, but that is just my opinion :!:
Old 04-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flood
Quote:
They will make you pay 100$ for the physical that they want to give you regardless of if you have your own physical card or not. They dont make you pay up front but if you quit after a month they will have a collection agency try to get the money for them. When you go to orentation ask to see what you are signing because they will have you sign on a computer pad without showing you what it is for. I was anxious so I just signed everything, but as I have learned dont trust anyone at these companys. Live and learn. Good luck 8)
whats the big deal almost all companies to that just as thay all drug test you when you go to orentation and thay tell you in orentation that if you fail the physical or fail the drug test or if you don't work for them for more than (not sure but i think it's two month's) that you have to pay it. just like almost all companies do.

you said "they will have you sign on a computer pad without showing you what it is for" i have never seen or herd of this, not saying it isn't true just i have never seen it happen.
I can vouch for this being true. They call your name, you sit behind a desk looking at the back of a monitor and they say "sign that pad" If you ask what you're signing or ask to see it they give you attitude
Old 04-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ81
Quote:
Originally Posted by flood
Quote:

I can vouch for this being true. They call your name, you sit behind a desk looking at the back of a monitor and they say "sign that pad" If you ask what you're signing or ask to see it they give you attitude
I'll second this (or is it third?). They don't like to be asked questions about what you're signing.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Yeah, their pay scale is just "peachy"...... :x Actually its a complete and total "hose-job" on the driver. Maybe it is appealing to someone who has never made a decent living. Frankly....the payscale just plain "SUCKS"! There is no way in hell you can justify reducing the amount of cpm on a run because its a longer run. Its blatant "theft".....and the suckers that accept it and make excuses for taking it.....well, thats their problem. I would never under any circumstances accept a pay plan like that....and on top of the basic ripoff nature of the payscale....the fact that they pay HHG miles makes it even worse.

http://www.xpressdrivers.com/solos.html

I wonder, I just wonder.....if the "so-called-management" of USXpress reduces their pay, and the pay of all their inside employees as the year progresses or the day progresses....because its obvious by the driver payscale that they believe the value of skills diminishes over time and distance.

The payscale show at the link above proves it....its theirs.

The accessorial pay is a joke as well..... $30 a day layover... :shock: WOW.... impresssed, NOT!!

They say they have one of the best payscales in the industry..... hardly,
there are many companies that pay better and pay practical miles as well.
CFI, Crete, and others....

Their trucks average 450 miles a day.... 3150 miles per week!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:.....yeah and thats why they spend so much money o advertising for new drivers...... average 3150 miles a week..... :lol: :lol: Maybe a few of their "sacred cows" do.....but ......oh hell, if you are foolish enough to believe that tripe....GOFORIT!! :lol::lol:

WHAT A JOKE!!!

Oh, and IF you are foolish enough to actually sign your name to any document without seeing it and reading it and understanding it..... you deserve what follows.

And if they give you "attitude" about questioning what they want you to sign....GIVE THEM ATTITUDE right back!! If that actually creates an "employment problem".....get the ##@$%^^%$# out of there.... you do not want to work for a crew like that. I can't imagine why anyone would want to work for a crappy sliding payscale anyway....
but then again...there are people coming into this industry who will "work for chrome".... :shock: :shock: :evil:

Frankly.....I wouldn't give "USXpress" the time of day......

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.