User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 12:57 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtmujica
From what I have gathered USX has a lot of technology on their trucks that is supplied from the company.
- Vorad the new trucks don't have it
- Blind backing camera system all the 05 and newer trucks have it
- Commercial vehicle GPS system all the 08 have it most of the 07 have it ( not ours) most of the 06 have and some of the 05 have it none of the 04 will have it (the 04 will be gone in about 6 months) all the trucks will have it soon
- Auto transmissions all the trucks have them

My question is has USX completed intergrading this technology into all of their fleet?

For those of you that have used the GPS system USX has installed...how do you like it? when we picked out our new truck we found one that didn't have it. i like my laptop gps better but to be fair we haven't tried the new driver-tech system. when thy send the load info it auto-programs the route into the gps for you but as i said we have never used it
If you purchase a XM/Sirrus radio will USX install it for you? most of the time if you ask the shop thy will
Does USX trucks normally have the wiring already set up for a CB? again the shop will install it for you and thy will install your inverter up to 1750w if yuu have one. the shop will install most things if you ask, every time we change trucks i jusst give the shop a list of what we need moved to the new truck and thy call us when it's ready
Sorry about all the newbie questions... Thanks for your information!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Rookie

Flood -

Do you have any actual pictures of the sleeper interior set up of your truck? I took a look at the Volvo brochure but I'm sure there are different set ups a company can choose. Just curious how USX has theirs set up. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtmujica
Flood -

Do you have any actual pictures of the sleeper interior set up of your truck? I took a look at the Volvo brochure but I'm sure there are different set ups a company can choose. Just curious how USX has theirs set up. Thanks.
http://www.wheelingtruck.com/pdf/780.pdf go to page 5 lower right, it's not our truck but the set up is the same.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Senior Board Member

flood, thanks for your answers. I'm sure that we can debate the issues "ad nauseam" 8)

I'm sure that USX has its good points as does CFI. You guys are a team, I'm a solo. I understand your need for more room. I myself was amazed at all the stuff I emptied out of my T-2000 when I left CFI....some of it I hadn't seen for months or forgotten I even had :?

I guess then, my biggest bone of contention would simply be the fact that they pay HHG or HHG hybrid miles, and have that sliding payscale that works against the driver....simply because while it is fair on shorter runs, it penalizes the driver who gets more miles per run...by lowering the cpm. I can't accept that a driver's skill level value diminishes over 300 miles. If they do it to solo's, then should they not do it to teams? The answer is NO, and they should not do it to solo's either.

Also, as a solo, and pragmatist at heart....the size of the sleeper is not the most important thing to me. I drive an International 9200i with a smaller sleeper. Its not a coffin sleeper, but then its not their biggest either... I'm here for the money and the conditions of the job....thats all. I'm a capitalist at heart, and I can't eat or pay my bills with chrome 8)

I'm glad you are happy there, and if a driver is happy...they should stay there. One of the other posters here on the forums said something like "Finding the right company is like a marriage...." and its true. You have to find your comfort zone and we all have different comfort zones.

Peace, friend...and stay safe out there!! 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.