User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

If you have 4 mo of under your belt, give Knight in lakeland a call.
The guy's I have talked to out of there, seem happy with them.
They do get you home on weekends, and are pretty flexible when it comes to time off.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Board Regular

Hey Mainethang, I'm from florida also, and if you're looking for a company with weekends home in Florida, check into Commercial Carrier Corporation. I worked for them back in 05, and i was home every weekend for the 4 months that i worked for them. I left to come back to my local job, but as far as they're concerned as a company they're not too bad. They will bring you on out of school, the pay isn't great, i think about .27 mile, but in my experiences almost all of my loads were drop and hook, or drop a loaded and run to get an empty, i can honestly say that i never sat more than 2 hours at a shipper or receiver. You can choose between regional flatbeds, tankers, or van. I was on the van division on a dedicated budweiser account, but i did venture out in to their KlosetMaid loads, which were awesome. KlosetMaid is a good account to be on, multi stop loads which you get paid for every stop, but the best part is is once that trailer is unloaded, you just run it back to Ocala empty, no waiting on a reload or any of that crap, they run you back empty from anywhere in the country, strange but true. PM me if you have any further questions, but as far as your home weekend concerns, and the fact that you live in Florida, because you will find out that a lot of company's don't even hire out of Florida, I think it would be a good idea to look in to them. Sorry for the long winded post, but look in to them.
Zach, Florida