User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Looking for inside info from WH Transportation?

Hi all,

Hoping some drivers from WH Transportation can give me more information.
I have been offered an (over the road) position. Mary, my recruiter, has given me limited info on where I would be driving, ete. I'm from Minneapolis, Mn.

Some companies offer you cell numbers from drivers, but WH doesn't. It wold be nice to talk to a few drivers by cell. Please drop a note......

I hear they have good trainers by reading on the boards, and are pleasant to be with.......

Thanks drivers....
Old 11-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Senior Board Member

that's shameful a company giving a cell number for one of their drivers. is maybe one of the most shty things iv heard of late. if they did this to me i would definitely raise a hand possibly jail time.i don't even want a carrier to give my num to the police unless of an emergency . if they have preselected a few drivers to give their rap then ok but i even doubt that probably gave u a cell to another recruiter some drivers r just that.
wh deserves a round of applause for not doing just that.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:54 AM

ken_o,

I was interviewing for another company, and during the interview, the recruiter offered me 3 company drivers cell numbers without asking, who were on a volunteer list, who wanted to talk to new drivers coming in the door.

There is nothing wrong with as long as they have permission from the drivers. I thought the drivers were pretty honest, and didn't give me a polish image of the company.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:03 AM
Senior Board Member

And you don't think they get a kick-back after convincing you to drive for them? 8) 8) :wink:
Old 11-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Senior Board Member

hwyfly don't fall for that trick ever again. not only for your self respect for the other reason class. their is no reason to talk to drivers on their cell phone, when their is a plethora of drivers available at truckstops, rest areas and Internet sites. that is a classless practice and any carrier engaged in such schould be marked off any list. hand selecting of drivers so that you may talk to the select few is one of the most *&^%$&*^%*& iv heard of ye.t be a good trucker and tell us who they were.
their line of thinking. ill be a good boy and bs new drivers tell them what they want to hear maybe add a few truths. in the hope that maybe mangmt
will treat me special, that bs may fly at other companies but not union or any other with any morals or class.
this is my thought hwy. you may not b able to distinguish bs from another newdrivr but some one like myself or anyanother cad veteran will. be cautious be very cautious
Old 11-21-2006, 08:44 PM

I understand what all you veterans are saying.... I've had my share of lip service in the passed year

1 of my 6 cousins that all drive over the road from the same family said, never trust another trucker. (Meaning, alot of story tellin goes on)... Like another driver was directing a driver into a spot, at the same time, the spotter wanted him to hit his truck so he could get a new headlight, and fender. Yes I know! Lots of tricks being played out there!

The first company I went to for training is listed on CAD, and says, hazmat not required! The recruiter said, O, don't worry about it. This company is one of the best paying trucking companies. I started my training, and on the 3rd day, what happens, were being trained for hazmat. I told him, I really didn't want to haul it. I have all my endorsements. I got my hazmat, because I wanted to stay local. But it's not happen! Sleeping with hazmat on at a truck stop makes me more than a little nervous.

I had a interview at a local company in 3 different locations, and I never found this out until I starting working at the 3rd one, did a managers ever tell me the tractors didn't have fuel gauges, their 401k's aren't paid up, their docks, and line-haul stations (122 door docks) don't have heat at them, ete.

That's why I was asking if there was anyone from WH Transportation on the board to ask questions, or if they could make any comments on WH.

Should companies be fined for lying? Yesterday I received a letter from a CAD listed company I trained with, 10 months later, and they want me to come back to work for them. Last night I talked to a classmate from the same company, and they tried to make him run illegal, and the co. wouldn't owe up it, so he was forced to quit! You can see why these cos. run thru so many drivers........

Sorry for being long winded, but I'm not trying to get burned again.......
Old 11-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

never drove for them but the drivers that I talked to seemed happy with them. Run across my part of the country and jump into Canada on their way to the North East.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:27 AM
Rookie

Hi, seen your inquiry concerning WH...

My personal experience with this organization was not a good one. As a matter of fact, I did not accept their OTR position. I could say I wasted a week of my time getting up to orientation, going thru orientation and making my way back home. I suppose it's better to find out then, instead of a month down the road.

Check out another site called The Truckers Report.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/

You will find information here about this organization and others as well.

Good Luck

P.S.
I wish I knew about these forums, message boards a few weeks ago, they do come in handy.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:33 AM
Senior Board Member

wow they r fining their drivers allegedly for log violations $100.oo
stay away stay far away
Old 11-22-2006, 02:28 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystone
Hi, seen your inquiry concerning WH...

My personal experience with this organization was not a good one. As a matter of fact, I did not accept their OTR position. I could say I wasted a week of my time getting up to orientation, going thru orientation and making my way back home. I suppose it's better to find out then, instead of a month down the road.

Check out another site called The Truckers Report.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/

You will find information here about this organization and others as well.

Good Luck

P.S.
I wish I knew about these forums, message boards a few weeks ago, they do come in handy.
So what did they do? Kick you out of Orientation?