User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

as a side note on this Celadon subject.
Most know my son drives for Celadon. Right now he is putting in his time and will be looking into something better this summer, o/o??
Also, not sure if this means anything, but he has been getting a lot of Hi secure and hazmat loads. Not sure if there going to let a .19 a mile driver haul these?? But then again... ? :roll:
Old 01-29-2007, 02:10 AM
Board Regular

i never worked for celadon.i dont like what they are trying to do to us.it took a lot of turnover to get some of these companies to start paying a decent rate.we could get set back for a long time if the drivers want to give up those drop and hook loads on the border.my research has shown crete and gordon to be among the better otr companies. thanks ok for getting the info out.we need more drivers to stop bs like their gonna put on us
Old 01-29-2007, 03:40 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

If you guys think it's just Celadon wanting to hire Mexicans for pauper wages...well then I've got some land in Florida to sell you. ALL of these carriers are just itching to get cheap foriegn labor behind their wheels to exploit. And once they do, they'll kick their American workforce to the curb faster than a Texas tornado.

Drivers, the writing's on the wall and it sure ain't in English. Best haul stakes now and get out of that end of biz while you still can.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:43 AM
Senior Board Member

unions too !!! :roll:
Old 01-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer
i never worked for celadon.i dont like what they are trying to do to us.it took a lot of turnover to get some of these companies to start paying a decent rate.we could get set back for a long time if the drivers want to give up those drop and hook loads on the border.my research has shown crete and gordon to be among the better otr companies. thanks ok for getting the info out.we need more drivers to stop bs like their gonna put on us
Thx for the comments. Don't think this is just about truck drivers. "Guest Worker" means Mexicans taking virtually every job in America at half wages. Whether it's your wife's bank teller position or the manager at the local Walgreens pharmacy ALL JOBS in America are at risk of being replaced by big business seeking low paid workers.

When the DEMS grant amestry for 50 million Mexicans and they bring 50 million of their relatives we will BECOME Mexico. Me? I don't like it! If I wanted to live in Mexico I would move down there and I sure don't want ALL OF MEXICO moving here!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: murph

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaarr
pm me if you want to know how to easily beat the gripes

the other crete driver here probably has

your biggest headache is planning your 15k service intervals

to not cost you a run
try to get your service done in Knoxville Tn. those guys are fast! about 2 hours and you are out of there.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:44 AM

If you think it's just the Mexicans coming in, you're wrong. What about whenever you call America Online for problems with your account and your call is routed to India? Most of America will become a a low wage workforce within the next 10 years because companies are waking up to the fact they can pay a newly arrived immigrant (legal or not) crap wages that they will be THANKFUL to get, while the average American will say, "I ain't working for no $7 an hour."

I predict America will be a third-world country in a few years' time. It's up to Americans to tell corporations to stop exporting the jobs and stop importing the immigrants (illegal) who will work for peanuts.

And telling the Mexicans to work for better jobs in their own country is stupid, because guess which country's jobs are being sent there in the first place?

Immigrants will ALWAYS come to the U.S. for a better life. As long as we are better off economically, financially and politically, the immigrants will come. And if you don't like it, then you need to support legislature to close the borders, not sit around all macho and harsh on the Mexicans and others who come here. It's not their fault their countries aren't the greatest places on earth. If you care about this country and the policies, vote, write your congressman, get involved, whatever. Don't sit and complain while you do nothing.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK
Thx for the comments. Don't think this is just about truck drivers. "Guest Worker" means Mexicans taking virtually every job in America at half wages. Whether it's your wife's bank teller position or the manager at the local Walgreens pharmacy ALL JOBS in America are at risk of being replaced by big business seeking low paid workers.

When the DEMS grant amestry for 50 million Mexicans and they bring 50 million of their relatives we will BECOME Mexico. Me? I don't like it! If I wanted to live in Mexico I would move down there and I sure don't want ALL OF MEXICO moving here!

Twice now you've stated that the 'DEMS' will grant amnesty for Mexicans.

Exactly how will that happen? Doesn't the President sign bills into law? Or did I fail U.S. Government back in high school? :shock:
Old 02-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Rookie

It took a long time: Just heard from Crete. I live in Willow Grove, PA and with Shaffer being there in New Kingstown, PA asked to sign me up for that. Thanks guys for all your advice. Look forward to what you have to say about Shaffer.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:46 AM
Senior Board Member