Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
35711 miles since 1/1/07. Am on a 2639 miler from Stockton Ca. to Newton NC so I will have over 37000 miles in 3 months and that is with 13 days of hometime. Not too shabby.
So then what you are saying....is that you are averaging 506.8 miles a day for every day of the week? Thats 7.75 hours driving at a "constant" average speed of "65". So what you are saying is that you are "logging it like you drove it".....or squeezing blood out of your book. The reason I say that is because when you start factoring in PTI's, Fueling, Loading, etc....thats going to push you over the 8.75 hours per day that would allow you to keep the truck moving everyday. Also, I think...that if you were logging it like you were driving it....you wouldn't be able to do that. Biggest single reason is "terrain".
Skywalker, the only fudging I do on my logbook is that I log miles driven, not hours. Anything more than that would get you in trouble with the logging dept. In the 18 months I have been with Crete I have gotten perfect scores every time but one and that was when I accepted a load that I thought I had enough hours to deliver but didn't. Went ahead and delivered on time anyways and paid the price. I average .75 hours a day on line 4 so that gives me 8 hours/day to drive which allows me to get the miles I get legally.
I appreciate your honesty. While I know Safety people who say the DOT accepts "speed averaging", aka logging miles as being ok.... I would remind those who do that to be very careful not to "average 62 or 63, etc" across OH and IN....unless you are on their turnpikes. I know IL would have a hissy fit over it.

We log it very much like we drive it.... simply put....we have far too many time stamps on us, and besides....we work with loading and unloading windows...and then go to the tankwash. But some of our loads are time specific in that you cannot arrive on site early as that could trigger a service failure just as a late arrival could on a time specific.

After we load, transport and deliver...we always deadhead to a tankwash. And nothing is done in a hurry....its a comfortable pace, so we log it like we do it.... 8) Besides, since we get all kinds of accessory pay, we show far more time on line 4 than probably 95% of other drivers.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.