User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Rev, concerning your avatar, how'd you get a hold of Chad's graduation picture? :lol:
Old 01-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglio
Well, trucking is not easy on the body, wether you flatbed or not....sitting for 10 hrs with only 1 or 2 stops sometimes, vibrations, potholes and unergonomic design wont help your back atall...You will have to be extra careful and do all your excercizes like youre supposed to and visit your friendly neighborhood chiropractor whenever home. I do at least once a week and Im 29 and have next to no truckerbelly, no history of backinjury.

If you do flatbed, be sure to figure out a way to get a 120lb. tarp on your shoulder from the floor without having to call paramedics. Apart from that, you should be fine flatbedding, provided that you can climb around on loads- have good balance.
Good Luck
You know, I hear a lot of drivers saying you have to learn how to lift the tarp on the deck or on top of load. I have never, and will not lift a tarp like that. When you load, the forklift will do this for you. I have never been put into this position. If it did have to be lifted it was because they had a inside dock they loaded on, and the forklift driver always helped put it on the deck, then used the forklift to move it out of the way. Then when done loading used the lift to put it on top of load if it had to be tarped. What I'm trying to say, is never do it yourself, always get help.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
HEY! That's my line!
:lol: :lol: I knew that was coming. :P

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 01-18-2007, 04:38 AM
Rookie

To the people who came on here with something positive thanks, To the ones( and it always seems to be the same few, who apparently have nothing better to do that Highjack a thread please remember to not be the ones to complain if by some chance the favor is ever returned by someone, I came here asking a ligitimate question and within10 posts this thread was so far out of context that I doubt I ask another question on this board. Thanks Again.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:56 AM
Rookie

I drove for Millis for 3 1/2 years. Excellent company. Lots of drop n hook, great miles, nice equipment. I would go back there now, but they don't hire in Florida.