User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Do they tarp every load ??
How much shhetrock do they haul ??
I was driving for WVT and it seems all they haul is sheetrockand I got tired of tarping and untarping..
Old 01-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Board Regular

I hope everything works out for you there!
Old 01-06-2007, 05:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaldeagle655
First day done, went in for the orientation this morning, there were 5 of us, all experienced drivers which makes it nice except, why is there always that 1 guy that has to share every second of every load just to impress everyone that could care less?
You're lucky. My orientation class at Passmore had two of those guys. :roll:
Old 01-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrvsreck
[
You're lucky. My orientation class at Passmore had two of those guys. :roll:
WORSE thing is that was the guy that got the best of the 5 trucks! Mine had a boken windshield, small rock chip but they had me get it changed out yesterday am. As such, I got a chance to get the truck loaded and ready to go, will find out in about 1/2 hour where I am going for Monday. Can hardly wait to get going again!!
Old 01-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Board Icon

Hey baldeagle. Talk to your dispatcher,or when ya come back to the yard,talk to Jerry about a home daily job. I noticed that Jerry ran an ad in our paper about a home daily job.(if you would be interested)(and it might be taken by then :P)

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 01-24-2007, 02:28 AM
Rookie
Default Westar Transportation

Hi ya'all. I just finished my orientation at Westar Today and start to work at 8:00 in the morning. I noticed Baldeagle657 also just started there. I also live in Wichita Falls. It sure sounds good (after JB Hunt anything is better) but we'll see. I too have NO flat experience although I have been driving since April of '95. My class was easy as I was the only one in it!!
And I have no problem admitting I don't know everything! If you all see a black and white 76 Maverick 2dr on the yard, It means I'm at work!
They are bringing a Volvo in for me to drive in the morning, but Jerry said not to get to comfortable in it as I would get another truck shortly. I sure miss James Helwig and Son! Put in 7 years there before James sold out to Trans Am in Feb. of '05. He had a lot of good experienced people there who could have kept it going, but he wanted to get rich (er) quick, so that was that. I still have bitter feelings about it. Six months after the change, only two dispatchers and one driver were still there from Helwig. Everyone else had quit! But maybe I have found a new home.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Board Icon

Man! Another Wichitan? :shock: Who woulda thunk it. :P Hey,mav,welcome to the board! Yeah,Westar is a pretty good little outfit. I know who Jerry is. It's one of those deals where,you know that person from somewhere,but ya cant put your finger on it. I hear that he is a good man to work for. They got the freight,and its more or less,around here,and the mid-south west. They try to get their guys home for the weekends. I got a buddy who has his truck leased to Westar,and both,he,and his driver are happy. His driver is usually home on Fridays,and heads out on Sundays. Good luck on the skateboards. Keep us up to date.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 01-25-2007, 12:40 AM
Rookie

Well, they got the Volvo in this morning, but had to replace the windshield. Then the guy I'm going to be running with for awhile won't be here until in the morning. But that's ok, gave me time to clean up a few loose ends here at home. At least I got the truck loaded with my gear.
I told David, you were right, I'm getting a lot of hometime!!! I'll let you 'all
know how it works out for me. How long you been in Wichita? I've been here since I was five days old. My folks moved here in '60.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Man! Another Wichitan? :shock: Who woulda thunk it. :P Hey,mav,welcome to the board! Yeah,Westar is a pretty good little outfit. I know who Jerry is. It's one of those deals where,you know that person from somewhere,but ya cant put your finger on it. I hear that he is a good man to work for. They got the freight,and its more or less,around here,and the mid-south west. They try to get their guys home for the weekends. I got a buddy who has his truck leased to Westar,and both,he,and his driver are happy. His driver is usually home on Fridays,and heads out on Sundays. Good luck on the skateboards. Keep us up to date.
Shhh..you're letting out our plan to take over CAD with the Wichitans! You said your buddy heads out on Sundays? What time of day on Sunday and is he required to? We're still looking at going with Westar, but trying to find something that would allow for church...
Old 01-27-2007, 04:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madii'swife

Shhh..you're letting out our plan to take over CAD with the Wichitans! You said your buddy heads out on Sundays? What time of day on Sunday and is he required to? We're still looking at going with Westar, but trying to find something that would allow for church...
I imagine Westar is alot like Passmore. I have the choice to leave out Sundays or Mondays. It's entirely up to me. Most of my Monday deliveries are no farther than a four-hour drive from the house. If I want to be there by 8am, I leave out no later than 4am. Just depends on whether he doesn't mind cutting the weekend short by leaving out Sunday night, or spending the night at home and getting up around 3am Monday morning. Some drivers just like to be there really early and prefer to leave out on Sundays. That's one of the great things about flatbedding. You don't tend to have appointment times. It's usually just first come, first serve and "the early bird gets the worm" type of thing.