User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2007, 12:59 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You have the right idea with the attitude, keep it positive. You will need it. Take my advice, SEEK EMPLOYMENT ELSEWHERE.

P.S. Be prepared to have the D.O.T. physical deducted from your first 2 checks.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lindy 66
You have the right idea with the attitude, keep it positive. You will need it. Take my advice, SEEK EMPLOYMENT ELSEWHERE.

P.S. Be prepared to have the D.O.T. physical deducted from your first 2 checks.

Do they still make you take a DOT physical if you currently have a 2yr DOT that is less than 6 months old ?...I can see a DRUG test ,But not the DOT . Oh well I guess I have to prep for that much hated touch of my balls again...I really hat a dude poking my nuts while stand there in paper gown with my ass hanging out of the back....
Old 12-25-2007, 01:58 AM
Rookie

Still have to pay for it. They lose employees so quick that they are trying to prevent as much loss as possible.
Old 12-25-2007, 02:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Still have to pay for it. They lose employees so quick that they are trying to prevent as much loss as possible.

Well atleast they have Qualcom...I've have become very accoustumed to getting all my load info that way .

I'll have to call the recruiter after Christmas to find out a few things , and inquire about the physical. I put into a few places yesterday , and got a few E-mails today ,But can't get in touch until after Christmas , So I'm going to see what my options are this week as i'm set for orientation until the 7th of Janurary ...I want to make the best choice I can , But if I'm limited to Gainey I'll do the best i can to make it work ,and if it doesn't I'll politely move on . But hey atleast Gainey has decent trucks, Qualcom service , And 24 hr dispatch . I
Old 12-25-2007, 02:23 AM
Rookie

888-JANCO-NJ. jancoltd.com Best company I've ever worked for.

Second best (there have been 7) in trucking was Gordon.
Old 12-25-2007, 02:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
888-JANCO-NJ. jancoltd.com Best company I've ever worked for.

Second best (there have been 7) in trucking was Gordon.

I got an application into Gordon last Friday I talked with them on the phone ,And they said that my termination doesn't automatically DQ me ,But I'm not holding my breath as if a guy with the same record/experience put an app into Gordon ,But wasn't recently terminated I know who they would pick , But it's being as it is the holiday I don't expect hear back from anyone until Wednesday , And I'll be calling checking my options , But if Gainey is my only option atleast it is an option ,which is better than none...

Besides your Canada crossing iussue what other issues with Gainey did you have ?
Old 12-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

From Werner to Gainey…Good grief, Charlie Brown! Yep, nice trucks…that’s a hint-and-a-half for you right there. Rule of thumb in this biz = the more spec’ed the rigs, the lousier the pay/bennies/hometime/etc. You should probably have figured this out by now after your adventures with the Big Blue Screw. With Gainey…get used to seeing lots of East Coast – especially Joisey. A quick glance at their webpage reveals the following golden nuggets: pay on HHG. Single driver pays $30 bucks/week for crappy health bennies with high co-pays. OUCH!!! $50.00 layover pay AFTER 48 hours?!?!? No mention of holiday pay (of course not). All mileage pay includes .09 cpm forced per diem. One week vacation AFTER 1 year caps at $750/week!?!? Hell, I’ll make more than half that sitting on my a$$ this Mon & Tues. No more electronic logs…get ready to be an Iron Chef with the logbook. If not, then the garbage man cooling your heels waiting on short-hauls. Sound familiar?

And then, like the rest of their cut-rate brethren, they’ll claim they can’t find drivers. Oh yeah, and they’re gonna shaft you, too. Dispatch will see you’ve got a termination on your record from Werner. So they’ll crap on you, figuring you’ve got to stick it out to avoid getting yet another trucking-industry extortion blackball label = “job hopper”. That’s why these outfits love ex-cons and parolees so much. One call to their p.o. gets em’ put right back into stir.

That’s just the way it is, bro…trucking is a low-down, dirty racket and you’ve got no protection or organization. What happened to that Colorado state gig you were talking about? Dude, plan your escape from the coolie carriers. Just like quitting cigs, you’ve got to have a plan.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
From Werner to Gainey…Good grief, Charlie Brown! Yep, nice trucks…that’s a hint-and-a-half for you right there. Rule of thumb in this biz = the more spec’ed the rigs, the lousier the pay/bennies/hometime/etc. You should probably have figured this out by now after your adventures with the Big Blue Screw. With Gainey…get used to seeing lots of East Coast – especially Joisey. A quick glance at their webpage reveals the following golden nuggets: pay on HHG. Single driver pays $30 bucks/week for crappy health bennies with high co-pays. OUCH!!! $50.00 layover pay AFTER 48 hours?!?!? No mention of holiday pay (of course not). All mileage pay includes .09 cpm forced per diem. One week vacation AFTER 1 year caps at $750/week!?!? Hell, I’ll make more than half that sitting on my a$$ this Mon & Tues. No more electronic logs…get ready to be an Iron Chef with the logbook. If not, then the garbage man cooling your heels waiting on short-hauls. Sound familiar?

And then, like the rest of their cut-rate brethren, they’ll claim they can’t find drivers. Oh yeah, and they’re gonna shaft you, too. Dispatch will see you’ve got a termination on your record from Werner. So they’ll crap on you, figuring you’ve got to stick it out to avoid getting yet another trucking-industry extortion blackball label = “job hopper”. That’s why these outfits love ex-cons and parolees so much. One call to their p.o. gets em’ put right back into stir.

That’s just the way it is, bro…trucking is a low-down, dirty racket and you’ve got no protection or organization. What happened to that Colorado state gig you were talking about? Dude, plan your escape from the coolie carriers. Just like quitting cigs, you’ve got to have a plan.

The state job is still something I'm connsidering , As it's still more than open...But there is still alot I like about being OTR , So I'm not sure I want to get off the road yet ...As for Gainey I'm not sure I'm going there yet ,As I put into a few other carriers Sunday evening Gainey just happened to call me the about Noon Christmas Eve , So tomorrow I'll be looking ,and scoping out more options .

Yeah I went to their site ,and had seen that pay was all based on .09 Cpm perdiem :roll: I wonder who that benefits the driver or the company :wink: I then looked at the health care for a single non smoker $30.00wk OUCH...And then I hear that despite me having a recent DOT med card valid for 2 years that I just got about 4 months ago they will still be making me do another DOT physical , Which I hate taking them to begin with ,But what bugs about being forced to take it when I have one that recent and good for almost 2 years is that they are making me pay for it ,And I dont even need it done ...If I don't find a carrier that I feel comfortable with I might just be plowing snow here shortly .
Old 12-27-2007, 02:39 AM
Board Regular

In my limited time as a driver I have observed the following trend/coincidence.

The crappier truck I drive the more money I make. I drive a 9300i bucket of bolts with a sleeper the size of a boy scout cot. I make twice the money I did lounging around in Roehl's condo. Seems to me these companies with the nice new shiny fleets are spending money on trucks, not drivers.

Just my opinion. I hope Gainey works out great. The only place I ever hear anything bad about them is on these internet boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
I'm set to attend orientation at Gainey the 7th in KS City KS ...I have seen their trucks/trailers at many locations ,And they always looked in good shape ,and pretty new , So I would put loose lug nuts simply down to a tire trepair that never got it's re-torque withing the 150 miles after putting the rim back on after all a loose rim is not defective eqipment it just needs tightening ... But if it''s loose and comes off it can kill a person easily as it weighs about 250+ pounds and would be moving at highway speed tires comming off trucks and killing people happens quite often .

I hope I can make Gainey work out well for me , So I'm going in with a positive attitude ,and will run as hard as needed to make $$$ there ...I just hope I get lucky ,and Get a T-600 that would be sweet I know they got them , But I don't know the realistic expectations of getting one being I don't have seniority there .