User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
Interesting post!
Crete-Drvr- one year experience, already job hopping...
Lets's see how long this gig lasts!! :roll:
I don't job hop, before roel in the last 11 years I had 2 jobs.
And yes you're right, I probably wont last much longer at CCC. I might become a member of the LTL Mafia. You know, home every night $60-75K a year, no putting up with truck stops or putting up with crappy customers, no waiting for hours on end to pickup or unload.

Quote:
Grow a set and you to will get hometime, you have the keys and the logbook, use them both wisely!!
You grow a set internet rambo.

Quote:
Roehl is not perfect, no company is or ever will be!
Roehl, Crete, red trucks, no too much difference!
Grow up and discuss things like an adult!!
never claimed they were perfect, just much better than roehl and I'm attacked by brain-washed cronies like you.

Anyone else notice how turdbird ignored that thread from roehldriver.com? :roll:

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 09-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Rookie

thanks for all the info but i get comments from guys where ever i go. ive heard it all.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Peaches; Some of these guys need mental help.ROEHL is as good a company as you make it.As for the trucks, Most are only cheap mid roofs.
Not full condo's. C.R.England - Werner - and Marten run the nicest trucks.
If thats important to you.U.S.Express has great trucks to and there all autoshifts.Great on your left knee! :lol:
Best Wishes.
Skull
Old 10-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Peaches; Some of these guys need mental help.ROEHL is as good a company as you make it.As for the trucks, Most are only cheap mid roofs.
Not full condo's. C.R.England - Werner - and Marten run the nicest trucks.
If thats important to you.U.S.Express has great trucks to and there all autoshifts.Great on your left knee! :lol:
Best Wishes.
Skull
Old 10-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote="Crete_drvrhe can PM me anytime if he wants to be a man and meet me somewhere.

cretedrvr i hope you were refering to me iv sent you the pm before you never responded iv sent one again.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:17 AM

Roehl does have some issues. They try to treat their drivers like kids by trying to control every aspect of trucking with computer programs that are suppose to know everything. NOT! I like to have ran outa fuel several times. My biggest thing though was running northeast every single week and going into Canada started to be a regular thing. But i had some 4 wheeler call their 800 number on me then a couple months later i had another call in and they threatend to fire me if i had one more. I denied both incidents and tlod them id did nothing wrong and they said people just dont call them numbers for nothing. So i decided to leave them over that. My word was not good enough and i had no way to prove i did nothing wrong but on the same token there was no evidence i did. Anyways after i left them they sent me a questionair asking all kinds of questions about how i was treated,what i liked,what i didnt,etc. Come to find out they have been losing drivers left and right and they are trying to come up with a way of retaining them. Last i heard their turn over rate was 105%.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:25 AM

I thought id write some things i did like about Roehl just to be fair and paint a honest picture. The bad things i wrote are real but heres a few good ons. I cant remember ever unloading a trailer they always hired a lumper. The dispatchers i had were pretty nice but the fleet manager she had a chip on her shoulder like she wanted you to know shes the boss.The trucks seemed alright to me ,nothing special but they served their purpose.I didnt like all their requirments for bonuses and raises though. Like your idling had to be only so much your overspeed only so much mandatory safety meetings ,just little nit picky things that if you werent careful could cost you.To me trucking is stressful enuf without all the lil extra crap companies put on you. I was on their 7/4 7/3 program and they got me home when they said they would. Thats all my experience with em any ways. Would i recomend Roehl in all honesty probably.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:58 AM
Senior Board Member

turn signal i c where ur coming from i always wonder what would happen if someone were to call in on me, well id have to ask whom ever was asking the question if they knew the definition of slander/liable.
the saftey meetings arent mandotory until this coming quarter.As far as their policy and bonuses i agree their bs. during orientation i figured out that if i got it great if not ohh well were all paid by the mile. i am however looking forward to the annual bonus.
i think they and the rest of the carriers have a tendency to nit pick on the new drivers while the more experienced ones like myself and others dont really give a sht about any of the bs they come up and their aware of that.so if one does his or her job well one gets left alone or alittle leeway.
I unfortunetly had the unpleaseant experience of unloading 2wice in the past year. Canada also twice in the past year i gues im a scumbag cuz everytime i go through their i get a full vehicle search. their turnover rate isnt as high as you think it is but at around 75%-80% thats still to high but on the low side for otr carriers. One thing is for sure they have the best hometime plans in the industry. That being said roehls overdue for a payscale change somewhere more akin to heartlands.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_o
i always wonder what would happen if someone were to call in on me
You may find out soon enough, thanks for PM'ing me your truck number :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
just kidding

I agree with what you said turn signal, I unloaded once (at Roehl) and I know that the planners at roehl cater to the hometime fleets, meanwhile the national fleet guys get the shaft, lots of live loads, 3 days to do a 600 mile trip, many times, I had been sitting in Gary, IN waiting for a load and I had to go load out of Carol Stream, IL and bring it back to Gary so a 7/7 driver could get home. Do you realize how frustrating that is folks? Trying to battle Chicago traffic for almost 5 hours, only getting paid for 108 miles ($35.64 + short haul pay $10) then waiting for the trailer to be loaded which was another 2 hours, so for almost 8 hours of work I was paid $45.64 BULLSHT. :x

The shortest run I've had with Crete was 469 miles.

Don't get me wrong, if one of their hometime fleets interests you like the 7/7, 7/4 or 7/3 by all means go for it, ken is making good money (but he's also at top pay, right?) but if it's OTR you want I recommend Crete.

Roehl is not a terrible company, I'm just making double what I was at Roehl over here at CCC.

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 10-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Crete_drvr, I'm almost ashamed to be associated with the same trucking company as yourself. Your childish behavior makes me wonder if you submitted a falsified birth certificate to prove your age. To threaten to call in another driver and make a false report just because you can't handle the fact that he disagrees with you is pathetic. You are lucky I don't know your truck number because I have a notion to let Lincoln know what a low class loser they hired. I know they wouldn't like what they'd see if they ever read your posts.