User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_o
crete drvr if your only making 20/25k ayear 7/7 your on the bottom of the 7/7 list. im set to make well into the mid range closer to 35k
That's a lie, I spoke to SEVERAL 7/7 drivers right before I went to Crete and they said $30K MAX is what they made. Care to furnish a W2? Didn't think so.

Quote:
horrible recruiters and worse then average pay scale which you allege then there would be no one to drive those red trucks would their.
i know ill continue to drive my poj roehl truck every other week.
Quote:
your writing sounds alot like that roehl flat bed women who made no sense either

Your spelling and grammar are terrible. I'm a high-school dropout and I can write much more clearer and concise than you. :idea:

Lets deal with facts then, shall we?

FACT: I make 41 cents per mile which is top pay at roehl. It can be acheived only by working for them (roehl) for 7 YEARS! :roll: I've been trucking for 14 months. And yes I get craploads of miles.

FACT: Crete Carrier is the largest debt-free, privately held interstate commerce carrier in the country, every truck, every terminal is PAID IN FULL. If you cant understand the benefits of that, I'm not going to explain.

FACT: Crete has one of the lowest turnover rates in an industry plagued by %140 turnover. Gee... wonder why??

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 09-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Yikes on the Roehl bashing.... honestly surprising to me since usually they are touted as one of the better companies....

Anyway, just figured I'd throw my $0.02 in as a former Roehl driver. I loved the company, loved how they treated their drivers, had more than enough freight to run with while I was there.

They had their downsides, like any carrier... my '05 International was a midroof, but that wasn't bad, it was roomy. It did rattle at idle... good incentive to not idle and get my bonus as I saw it. I saw upstate NY and VT quite a bit as a dry van - most of the van freight at Roehl is things like rolled paper and insulation. I also saw a lot of Waxahachie, TX and Owens Corning...

They are SUPER strict on logbooks. A pain in the rear, but the reasoning behind it is solid - I never got a logbook violation and still turned some hellacious miles when I was out. Yes, I ran the 7/7 - not good if you need to make a lot of money, but good if you need to come home. They also have the 7/3,7/4 which is a better option at times.

I ran out of the Ellenwood (Atlanta, GA) Terminal since I lived in TN at the time, and everyone was very friendly and helpful.

The reason I didn't return to Roehl was simple - Arrow got back to me first and they were about ranked the same for what I was looking for. Otherwise I'd be pulling flats alongside Soledad right now :wink:
Old 09-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Senior Board Member

at the end of this first year 7/7 i would glad to make my w/2 available would you like to make a bet. i will put 100 or so on the line if you will that my w-2 gross is in my range not yours.
crete drvr who cares about my grammar and spelling .
Old 09-26-2006, 12:51 AM
Senior Board Member

hey crete drvr i feel you have ignored my pm as of this weeks paycheck i will have made over29k gross ytd, still with 3 months to go huh put up or shut up time whats a hundred bucks to either of us common. you called me a liar and i am already over your 20/25 mark plus i could always use an extra hundred or so.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:56 AM
Senior Board Member

:lol: I'll bet you never hear from him again,Ken!!! :lol:
Old 09-27-2006, 04:18 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by feederfred
.41 cpm ? at Yellow Freight ? Sorry, but that is impossible. National Master Freight starting line rate is 52.5 cpm +$21.70 hourly for freight. And it's going up with another COLA adjustment soon..(unless you are a new employee@80% of full NMFA wage rate)
Hey there I've only been there 2 months so I'm at 75% of the central states rate , which equals 40.8 cpm or 16.23 hourly rate . The top rate here is .5371 spm and its moves to nearly .55cpm at the end of the year .
Old 09-27-2006, 04:27 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crete_drvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth
Yea and how's Crete's hometime ? Not to good from what I've heard
It's the industry standard, 1 day off for six out. Roehl outright lied to me. they promised I'd be out 11 and home for 3, whatta joke!

Quote:
And there equipment ? Stripped down Freightliner's
The only things I don't have on my truck that I had at roehl is a air suspension meter/gauge, whatever, and a bunk heater (mine was broken anyways).

Let me tell what I do have on my Crete truck that I didnt have with roehl, a condo and 2 air ride seats. Why would a company even have a rider program and give their drivers mid-roofs and 1 air ride seat?

Quote:
I'll stick with my 41 cpm being off 2 or 3 days a week and home 3 or 4 nights a week .
And I suppose yellow is the perfect company, eh? :roll:
Crete is just like any OTR company , anyone can drive for them if they want to . Just raech for the phone . You will reach top rate in awhile and still be getting crappy runs and have to deal with crappy shippers and receievers and deal with all the headaches of OTR , seniority means nothing but a little higher pay rate . Not at Yellow , where you'd be lucky to get in and the longer your there the more you continue to move up in seniority , continue to be paid the top rate in the industry and never have to worry about fueling,shippers or receivers . Not to mention you get paid for everything you do and any wait time for paperwork . If your at the top rate and don't make 50k a year , your not even trying . It's like comparing two different things , but LTL is the way to go . And Crete is a good OTR company if that's what your looking for , one of the 5 best , but that's where the headaches are , not the money .
Old 09-27-2006, 06:04 AM

Quote:
hey crete drvr i feel you have ignored my pm as of this weeks paycheck i will have made over29k gross ytd, still with 3 months to go huh put up or shut up time whats a hundred bucks to either of us common. you called me a liar and i am already over your 20/25 mark plus i could always use an extra hundred or so.
:roll: I'm not ignoring anything. I drive for a living, remember?? :?:

So you make more than the guys I talked to before I left, that proves what?? It's like all those fad diet commercials you see on tv and in real small print at the bottom it says "results may vary"

Oh by the way, I've ran 2798 miles this week and I've been slackin'.
I'm on pace to break $60K this year, so what's your point?

Nice troll skullitor.

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 09-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Senior Board Member

cretedrvr the topic was very clear, is roehl a good company. as a disgruntled x roehldriver you however found they need to bash roehl,call me a liar and push crete on what was a thread about roehl.
oh by the way no cares about how few miles you've driven this week next week or any other week. id suggest the best thing for you to do is to start a thread about driving for crete and leave the roehl opinion's to the roehl drivers.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:19 AM

we're going around in circles here.
You like roehl... great I like Crete.

I think I'm qualified to express my opinion since I actually worked there

We agree to disagree. Whoopy ding! Get over it.