User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

TruckingDog, SNI is a great place to start. I was there for a year and a half b4 I left.I would still be there if I didnt have the desire to run flatbed with Melton trk lines. Plus My dispatcher left W.memphis OC to run the JC Penny acct down In FL, otherwise I would still be there.

My training process lasted just over a month 11 days In dallas,Tx then 2 days home then back for 5 days of SQT, Once we were done with SQT, we were assigned a trainer. The time you spend with a trainer is up to you, all depends on how quick you catch on. The trainer must keep you for a Min of 10days. You get $200 dollars @ the end of the 11days, this is suppose to hold you over till ur done with SQT. They dont feed you doing SQT, but they give you 2 meals a day for the 11 days. While your with a trainer I think they give you $500 b4 taxes, I am not sure about this, I forgot, But your best source for this info would be over @ Pumpkindrivers.com.

I got lucky and got a Trainer who was on trk rail acct. He was Home everynight and so was I, So i didnt get a chance to learn the OTR until I got out on my own But I lean how to back into alot of tight spaces. Something alot of older drivers still dont like to do. I got a chance to back into some of the tightest spaces in the rail yard, I thought it was the best exp I had. I got plenty of practice with this acct.

Once I got on my own I never got a chk for less than $650 during the probation period. I got plenty of miles and they paid me for trl searches everytime( stay on top of your disp for this money). Money can be made @ SNI but as a new comer u can expect to make around $30,000 your 1st yr. You just have to learn how to work the system to get it. Yes they are @ the bottom of the pay scale for companies but they have alot of freight.

My advice would be to get the Exp then leave for a better company like CFI( my current employer).

CFI also has training but I am not sure how it is set up. SKYWALKER would be the man to talk to, or go 2 CFIdrivers.com and chk it out.

All in all SNI is a good place to start just do your year and dont listen to the BS, because everyone is having problems. Just do your time get your exp and then if you find something else leave, if not you stay.

Any Questions about SNI or CFI or Even Melton Just ask and I will do my best to help you.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: My plans with Schneider National

[quote="TruckingDog"]I'm planning to drive for SNI in the next few weeks and here's why;

1) In-house training is quoted as being top notch---
If your going to do it, do it right and get it straight from the horses mouth.

2) Training is quick---
I cannot go more than a month without getting some dollars into the bank account, thus the outside school is out.

3) Pay Certainty Program---
First 6 months are guarenteed $500/ week. If I get stuck on I-5 going up the hill into Oregon during winter, I'm covered.

4) CDL training is free---
I don't need another bill.

5) Training is not half a country away---
A lousy excuse but 24 hours on a stinky Greyhound is not appealing.

Where did SNI tell you that you had to train????? the have training in fontana, ca

and since you live in california you DO NOT have to sign any contract..if you do it ecomes null and void because in california the deal where they make you sign and say u will stay a year or 18months is not legal!!!! thats maye why they tryin to get you to train elsewhere besides your home state!!! i'd tell them u want to train in fontana, ca
Old 09-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckingDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt602
Heck, join the ARMY.
Can't join the Army. I'm 37 and military tops out at 35. I was in the Navy and although honerably discharged I was given a RE-3R re-entry code on my DD-214 and I guess that means not a chance in hell that I'll get back in.

SNI can not write contacts in California. Apperantly it's illegal.

Living in the truck? I'm practically living in a box now. I see no problem their.

Here's the short of it. I make $22,000 gross at Home Depot. If SNI says I can make $32,000 my first year, I'm taking their word for it. I'm going no where with the orange box so I'll trade it in for an orange truck.
32k 1st year is easy money!!!
Old 09-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Board Regular

Schneider training is free and you don't have to sign a contract if you live in California.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Rookie

Actually, I have a young friend that went on a 6 month stint on a cruise ship. Free food and drinks, free accomodations. Access to all amenities. Pay wasn't great, but then again, he had literally NO expenses.
If you REALLY don't care about never getting home, go work on an oil rig out in the middle of the ocean, make a truckload of money, never go home, make enough money in 12 years to live off comfortably for a long, long time.

If you are really set on Schneider, remember that this company only wants you around for a year, after that, all bets are off. But then again, who wants to drive for that kind of company for more than a year? I have heard horror stories about Schneider, but then again, all companies have given ample opportunity for their ex-drivers to speak badly about them.......this may not be the lifestyle you are looking for?...