User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarasdad91
Oh another thing about swift id like to tell everyone, this is something that was told to me by my mentor, I do not know if it is true, a driver with swift for many years was told by swift that a man called in and said this driver had hit his car and didnt stop and that he filed a police report on the accident as a hit and run on this swift driver, well the swift driver upon hearing this was shocked as he had driven for several years without an accident and, he knew he didnt hit anyone, well swift said they wanted to settle with this guy that was suposedly hit and this driver said no way I never hit anyone and I want a copy of this police report and swift refused to give him one and said they were settling anyway and we all know if swift does this it will go on his record as a hit and run, but this driver keeps swearing that he has had no accident and swift keeps insisting they want to settle, so now this driver has gotten himself a lawyer to fight, and he is not fighting the guy who made the complaint, he is fighting swift, what is with swift why do they like to mess with people, I mean if this is true we all need to stay away from swift.
This sounds like a "Trucker's Story" to me... Nothing on you Sarasdad91, but afte you have been around some of these "clowns" you will pretty much understand that they are and a and wear t-shirts with this on the front and back....

If someone actually claimed a driver of a semi committed a hit and run, and the victim produced a truck or trailer #, the driver would not have made it 50 miles before he was "stuffed and cuffed". His issue would not be with Swift...it would be with the LEO's and a Judge.

Swift may be a "bottomfeeder" in some ways, but frankly...they are not stupid when it comes to legal issues. They do know that if they were to screw the driver at that level, and the driver proved that he was innocent, they would have to eat a "massive crow sandwich".

Back when Swift's trucks were set to 55/57mph....I was in the Laredo terminal and this little "troll" of a driver...a drooling mouthbreather actually told me "he was an OUTLAW TRUCKER!! Then he went on to tell me that he had a run in with the CA DOT (CHP) at Banning and as a result...He singlehandedly was responsible for getting Banning "shutdown" for 30 days!!!

I laughed by head off for hours....and he couldn't understand why....

Banning...has NEVER been shutdown....except when CA wants it shutdown.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 09-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Banning...has NEVER been shutdown....except when CA wants it shutdown.
I think Banning was shut down for a time after the train wreck back in the 1989 broke a gas pipeline running over the hill to San Bernadino. That accident wiped out a neighborhood when the pipeline exploded hours later. Banning was miles from the accident but my recollection that the scale houses were closed because the pipeline ran just off the freeway on the South side.

So maybe this guy was a train engineer ??? :wink: :lol:
Old 09-22-2006, 05:25 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote="Goin Fer It"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullitor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullitor

My Sister would eat you up and spit you out! You would still be shaking your head and saying "What happened???"!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Where did you get that quote? I never said anything about my sister. :x
On your location! You would not be in my sisters room!

Goin Fer It's Wife

OH, OK LMAO :lol:
Old 04-15-2008, 02:54 PM

The guy I had to complain to was, driver services, and the terminal was in Syracuse NY, I have since made the worst decision I could ever make, I went with CR England and it has ruined my career for now.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Senior Board Member

What happened at CR England?
Old 04-15-2008, 08:46 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarshort
As a matter of fact I don't shop at WallyWorld. For the same reason I quoted as far as Swift. Here's an example....Last Tuesday I watched a Swift driver attempt to back in a dock for 25 minutes. Did I say it was a straight-in wide open dock? She was in tears when she asked me if I could back it in for her. Against my better judgement I hopped in her truck and backed it in. I knew I was taking a big chance driving another company's truck but I couldn't stand to watch her anymore. I even offer to help her while she was in the drivers seat but she insisted on me doing it. She was by herself :cry: This is what it has come to with Swift. There is no way she should have been on her own. I can't imagine how many things she had run into since turning her loose. There is something seriously wrong with a company that lets someone like that go on their own. :sad: You are entitled to your opinion just like I am mine. This is mine so deal with it!
mybe in her previous job she was just a flatbed driver, and never backed up much.

not saying all flattters cant back up, but i have seen a few that cant.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarasdad91
............. I have since made the worst decision I could ever make, I went with CR England and it has ruined my career for now.

NO COMMENT!!

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Default Re: Why?

[quote="lifespalette"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarshort
many of the smaller operations will go under, even some of the medium sized outfits will go under if they're under alot of debt burden...............The larger companies will be effected by it as well, but stand a far better chance of weathering the bad times mainly due to their size and the opportunities that come with that size.
Uhm...sorry to burst your bubble but it's common knowledge that Swift itself has HUGE debts and it has been said many many times they might not make it; that's how large the debts are. So I don't know...

Second to Sarasdad: unfortunately you made a mistake getting on with Swift, but I agree with some and say stick it out for a few more weeks at least if you can.
If possible even finish out at least 6 months which will make it easier for you to go to another company and you'll have more options.
The huge companies are not necessarily all bad but are so big and therefore loose a lot of the personal touches.
But at the end you're the one that makes the decisions and need to do what feels good to you. BOL to ya!
Old 04-16-2008, 01:38 AM