User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Yall correct me if Im wrong,but a lot of times,when it comes to hometime,its usually based on where ya go for the next load etc. It was for me anyway. I drove for SMX for a while,and it depended on where I had to go on how long that I could be home for the weekend. One time,I got a load of c-iron in Dallas on a Friday morning,and take it to a construction site in Phoenix on Monday morning. I got home in Wichita Falls that Friday night. I was running out of hours for that week,so I just stayed home long enough for my restart in order for me to be in Phoenix on Monday. After getting unloaded in Phoenix,I was sent to east of Phoenix(cant remember the town)off of I-10 to a copper mining plant. I picked up a load of copper plates,and I took them to McKinney,Tx(just north of Dallas). I was able to deadhead home to get a load of plastic pipe here on Monday morning(I was able to spend a whole 2-day weekend at home),and run that up to Des Moines. Then they sent me to Big Sur,Ca with another load of steel for a construction site. They deadheaded me to L.A for a load of steel coils,and I took them to Houston. When I got unloaded in Houston,my supervisor from SYSCO called me,and he asked me if I would consider coming back to SYSCO.(I got into it with another driver from SYSCO and I walked-out)(never thought that I would be back at SYSCO) I asked my supervisor when I can start,he asked me if I can be in Lubbock on Monday morning for orientation.(this was Friday) Needless to say,I was at orientation in Lubbock on Monday to get hired back at SYSCO.(I probably have a bad record now for deadheading to the SMX terminal in O K City without permission on that weekend :? ) I drove for SMX for 6 weeks,and you see above the 2 weekends that I was at home,those were the only 2 weekends that I got home,and they advertise that their drivers are home 50 out of the 52 weekends a year. Hmmm. I thought about talking to Maverick,but they say the same thing that SMX said. Kinda scary lol...
Old 07-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Rookie

with Maverick home time is based on where you live not your next load. They sent me about 200 miles out of route so that I could do my 34 hour restart at my house instead of a truck stop. It dosent always work out this way but they do everything they can to get you home on the weekends.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Board Regular

Thanks Deere29, I think that answers my question. Sounds like most other operations where you run hard during the week and hope the dispatcher can get you pointed in the right direction for home weeks end.

Living in the upstate of SC I wonder how hometime would work with Maverick. I see alot of their trucks here on I-85.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Living in the upstate of SC I wonder how hometime would work with Maverick. I see alot of their trucks here on I-85.
Kinda like me,I see a lot of Freymiller trucks roll through here on US 287. I called Freymiller a while back,and talked to a recruiter. She told me that they have several traffic lanes. She said that I could pick up loads in Texas,Oklahoma,Arkansas,and Kansas,and deliver in the Northeast,and along the Eastern Seaboard,and visa versa. She also told me that the guys from Texas are usually out 2-3 weeks,and home for 1 or 2 days. I was like,huh? I see yalls trucks roll through here all the time lol..
Old 07-09-2006, 05:26 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Quote:
Kinda like me,I see a lot of Freymiller trucks roll through here on US 287. I called Freymiller a while back,and talked to a recruiter. She told me that they have several traffic lanes. She said that I could pick up loads in Texas,Oklahoma,Arkansas,and Kansas,and deliver in the Northeast,and along the Eastern Seaboard,and visa versa. She also told me that the guys from Texas are usually out 2-3 weeks,and home for 1 or 2 days. I was like,huh? I see yalls trucks roll through here all the time lol..
I dont know why she would tell you that drivers from TX are out 2 to 3 weeks. I live in TX and so far they have gotten me home for the weekends.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:37 AM
Board Icon

That was Freymiller that I talked to,not Maverick.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:55 AM
Rookie

Oh sorry about that....I need to read things a little closer next time
Old 07-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Board Regular

Yea, they get us hometime alot. like this weekend i had to swap trailers so that i could get home. they try to make sure the drivers are home on the weekend. as far as the 4th, I had a load that delievered wed the 5th and it was 3 hours away from the house. remember that Maverick is big on family.

skills

US VETERAN
Old 07-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
What are Maverick's trucks governed at?
70mph. I tried them out. They say they do this they do that but when it comes down to it they lie out their a#@ just like all the other companies. It was the 7th lie that finally broke the camel's back when I worked for them a short month. Take in mind I'm a 1 year veteran driver and I have a totally clean slate DMV, Dac and no accidents and have never been arrested for anything. I'm the quality person that everyone is trying to employ yet they didn't measure up. I can say that now I'm a O/O it ain't any better and sometimes worse. The company I work for CRST malone is worse. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. :sad:
Old 07-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Board Icon

Huh?? They lied about the speed or what troubled??