Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2004, 05:33 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default In Missouri, marrage defined in constitution

Im from Missouri we just recently (when I say I mean the people of Missouri) to ballot issue of same sex marrage was voted on. The people of Missouri voted to give the State Legislature the authority to amend the State Constitution to define legal marrage to be between a man and woman only...
I personaly see this as a signifigant signal that we are consumed with the wrong issues today. I am Libertarian so by admission I must say I usually stand on the opposite end of pro legislative agenda.
In my family there are two families that have been torn apart because of the husbands/fathers having the "comming out of the closet" moment in thier lives. I have seen what this does to families and the people directly envolved. It is sad and heart wrenching to watch these mothers who have struggled to be the perfect mother drug through the mud of Neo Nazi Christians (yes I said that) who flippantly dole out condimnation because of thier radical beliefs that are almost as fundamentally wacked as the Islamic factions that stone people to death. ( if you think Im over stepping my bounds then think how many of you have thought how AIDS is God's way of punishing the wicked....I say all this to make my point which is this.
1 When women like my sister and my aunt, fall victim to gay men that are hidding in closets, not one of the Moral Police out here say a darn thing other than use the occation to preach thier gospel and condem. Never once consider what America needs is alternatives and solutions NOT a stinking Revival! save that for your church fans please...(remember the seperation of church and state thingy?)
2 Speaking of seperation of church and state, we cant have it both ways! State stay out of church please....just the same Church stay out of State!.
The citizins of Missouri voted for the constitutional amendment and I accept it, that thats democracy, I do believe that we are erronious in thinking that laws of this kind will ever render the results that the populus desires. Understand one thing, the government has no Authority to give any one rights...they must fulfill their obligation to provide security to protect those enaliable rights which people already have, simply by being born.
laws that are meant to control and hinder personal preference make me nervous...But as some of you may ask if Im not one of them then why worry right? After all the government always knows best.....

We are what we repetedly do......

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm
http://www.self-gov.org/quiz.html
Old 09-21-2004, 08:54 PM

I was going to argue against same-sex marriage and use the dictionary to back me up. Unfortunately, The American Heritage ? Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition defines marriage as:

"1. a. The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife. b. The state of being married; wedlock. c. A common-law marriage. d. A union between two persons having the customary but usually not the legal force of marriage: a same-sex marriage. "

What is this world coming to?

I'm in full agreement with mstweety that what you do in your bedroom is your business. I look at it as a privacy rights issue. I have a right to privacy and I will respect yours, but don't shove it in my face because then you have chosen to no longer make it a private matter. Well, isn't that what same-sex marriage is? Aren't you shoving it in my face?

Now on the other hand, what about two people, any two people, wanting to essentially grant each other an enduring power of attorney so that, for example, if one of them needs someone to make a decision for the other who is incapacitated? But then what of the rights of other family members?

I guess this is more rhetorical than actually seeking answers but these are the kinds of questions this issue raises.

Thanks for indulging me!
Old 09-22-2004, 01:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenbound
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Doc wears a pink boa. He even had a picture posted a while back on this site with it! Way too funny! :lol:
i printed that one up and sent it out to everyone i could think of.
OH REALLY!!!!!!! Just where can I find the pink boa picture????

Old 10-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Rookie
Default SAME SEX COUPLES ADOPTING CHILDREN?

Well I think that whatever two people do in private is their own business. However, marriage and adopting of children, should only be defined as a man + woman. The bible even states homosexuaility is wrong. Nature proves that it is impossible for same sex people to have children.

Nature proves that it is impossible for two species of the same sex to reproduce. Male Dog + Male Dog = No Puppies. You will find this to be TRUE if you put together two female dogs. Still no puppies!

You will even get the same no offspring results between same sex males and females if they are goats, pigs, chickens, insects, horses, rabbits, squirels and all over species on the earth!

Duh..... Maybe that is why GOD had Noah bring 2 of every kind of animal 1 male and 1 female of each species on the earth so that the world could
be re-populated?

If all the homosexuals of the world moved to an island and only practiced homosexuality they would all die and could not be replaced.

THis is not about bashing homosexuals but it is terribly wrong to define a group of people that must recruit people to participate in their lifestyle as a special protected group.

Also, these people are violating the laws of GOD and nature! However, getting away from that reality. It is better that people who make a lifestyle choice should not have special "hate crimes legislation" introduced to enhance the criminal penalties for violating laws.

Why should beating up a homosexual warrant more jail time then beating up some other person?

I personally believe that a crime is a crime and it does not matter who it is committed against.

Anyway I hope that affirmative action status, special rights and a quota system are not established for the homosexual minority.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:39 PM

carribbeandreams2004

I agree with you 100%. To me it is also attacking the foundations of the family. In attacking the foundation of the family, they also attack the foundation of civilization.

I wouldn't be suprised in the least if the gay community went totally neo-natzi on christians wanting bills passed to ban our Bibles and even our religion as a whole under the status of hate crime. I could see it now, christians thrown in jail for what they believe in just as the jews were thrown in concentration camps.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:29 PM

according to the bible that will happen. I think it will be sooner than latter.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Rookie
Default American Family Assn Position Boycotts Corp USA Gay Agenda

Currently the American Family Association is requesting all Christians to Boycott Proctor & Gamble Corporation for being Pro Homosexual and Anti Family Values.

Why? Because P&G has donated over $10,000 to a homosexual advocacy group that is opposing an Ohio Vote for a law against same sex marriage.

My position? I support the American Family Assn because when the United Way withholds funding from the Boy Scouts and cities in the USA no longer allow boy scouts to use public lands because the Boy Scouts of America refuse to allow Homosexuals to be Scout Leaders.

Here is the American Family Assn Webite:
http://www.afa.net
Old 10-18-2004, 04:58 AM

I am against "same sex mariages", BUT, if they have to get together, let the legal system come up with a "legal contract" with some other title. Mariage is between a man and a woman, period, blessed by God, and certainly ok with the bible belt

For gays to be "married" is wrong. They could have a "domestic bond" or something, just not mariage! My WIFE and I are married, and it is good

JMHO..............

Mike (SoapinTrucker) Tayon
Old 11-13-2004, 01:25 AM
Rookie
Default Re: what I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstweety
.......God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve........
I agree! :wink:
2FF
Old 11-17-2004, 06:51 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default RE

I'm not against same sex marriage, nor am I for it.

Do I have friends whom are Gay? Darn straight I do, both sexes. They are great people !!

In my opinion to take a stand on this would mean taking a stand on other issues that are out of my realm. Such as mix race marriages etc.. .

Somebody has posted that they shouldn't be allowed to adopt....Why and the heck not? A Loving Home, is just that , a Loving Home! Why would anybody want to deprive a child of knowing/feeling love.

I personally think we as a Nation have much bigger issues to worry about , than somebodies Love Life !!!

Geez, we're all guilty of SIN, but I was raised that it's not my place to pass JUDGEMENT.