I don't know 9 7.09%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2007, 03:22 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Over all of these conversations I still cannot see how some people say that homosexuality is against nature when it occurs in many species in nature.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Over all of these conversations I still cannot see how some people say that homosexuality is against nature when it occurs in many species in nature.
[color=indigo]You are right about homosexuality occuring in nature, Fozzy!!

Man, this is getting scary!! I have found myself agreeing with both "Sheepdancer" and YOU!! :shock:

At the same time, I don't spend a lot of time worrying about whether it is a matter of genetics, as some argue, or nature, as you suggest, or the result of events in a person's life that result in an altering of the brain's "hard wiring".

As I have stated before, speaking as a Victim of violent sexual abuse, perpetrated at the hands of my "ex-father", with the cooperation of my "ex-mother", I should be EXTREMELY homophobic.

Speaking as a Survivour of violent sexual abuse, perpetratedat the hands of my ex- father, with the co-operation of my ex-mother, combined with the gay nurses that I worked with, (they were the BEST!! Examples of compassion and caring, they fought like Hell for their patients!!) I find it impossible to be homophobic.

Christians claim that homosexuality is an "abomination in the Eyes of The Lord"; I say "If that truely is the case, then let The Lord be the Final Judge; as for me??

In The Eyes of The Highest Power and The Heavens, I have enough of my own Spiritual work to do.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Honestly, I do not care if it is genetic or it is a choice for some. It really does not matter in the least and really shouldn't matter at all in a free country. But as long as some self proclaimed (yet bogus in actions) religious gang is out there to make sure that they are observed being "religious enough" by their sheepish Klan members.. this will not end. It's always strange to see these people in action...
Old 07-31-2007, 02:02 AM
Rookie

Ok Useless. Im throwing in the towell. I never realized a same sex marriage survey would go this far. You know where I stand, Maybe its the way I was brought up to believe. You honestly make some good points. When you brought up gay male nurses, it made me think for a second, My wife is a nurse, who is friends with a gay male nurse where she works. I have to admit he is a decent guy. Ive met him numerous times. He knows I dont approve of it, However Im never rude to him and treat him with the same respect I would anyone else. That being said, I was reading what you said happened to you as a kid at the hands of your parents. Im serious when I say that even though I dont know you , Im truly sorry that happened to you. And especially having no where to turn. No kids should have to endure any of that. It robs them of their innoncence. And I will agree . There are many so called Christians who are basically the scum of the earth. On the other hand there are many Christians who are truly good God fearing people. And I will say even some terrible ones are high up in the churches, look at all these priests these past few years. Well I just finished a very long day I got to go get some sleep.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Well that sucks, a good debate all done..
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart