View Poll Results: Should we ban the practice of Islam in the U.S.??
Yes 9 31.03%
No 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2006, 02:56 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Christianity the oldest religion?

Prostitution the oldest profession.

At least with the latter the ones getting screwed had some say in the matter.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckinRanger
umm Mundaka their are several things that go against the Constitution. Gay Marriage, We don't have true freedom of Speech, Press,etc. Since when was it Constitutional to have an abortion??? I didn't read that women had a right to that in there???? did you???
Oh. My. Lord.
I've seen ignorance before, but seldom as liberally applied as this.

A) Gay Marriage does not go against the Constitution. The federal government has no authority in this matter -- or heterosexual marriage either -- period. The rights of the federal government are explicitly spelled out in the Constitution, and the matter of marriage is not even mentioned. All other rights and powers are allotted by the tenth amendment to the states or, respectively, to the people. Period.

B) We do have freedom of the press and of speech, as guaranteed by the first amendment. Any usurpation of that right is not a justification for taking another. Your argument the equivalent of saying, "Well, if we can take your guns without compensation, why can't we take your property without compensation?" Its an argument, but it has no basis de facto or de jure (or within a logical syllogism, for that matter.)

C) Since when was it constitutional for the federal government to forbid an abortion? The answer is never. The right to regulate abortion is reserved to the states. In fact, at the time of the signing of the Constitution abortion was legal, and remained so throughout the lives of the Revolutionary Generation, as a result of the legal concept of coverture (the legal status a woman acquired in marriage under common law) and because at that time an abortion was safer than childbirth.

The fact that the federal government usurped the right to govern a matter outside of its purview (via that penumbra silliness) has, as usual, escaped you. If you would spend more time learning that you have far more power than CNN tells you have, rather than indulging that chip on your shoulder, you would realize you have every right to tell the federal government "NO" on abortion, as South Dakota recently and properly asserted.

Quote:
Oh wait it's because we have judiciariees that rule from the bench and interpret the Constitution to promote their agenda Democrats and Republicans alike. It doesn't say seperation of Church and State. That was a Jeffersonian idea if i do remember correctly, but everybody wants to claim that it says that in there. All it says is "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." So don't try and pull the wool over my eyes. People misquote the Constitution ALL the time.
Um . . . you got all this part right (except about trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Quite the opposite. I'm trying to show you that you have far more power than you realize. Kinda scary, now that I think about it . . .)

Quote:
Maybe this could be avoided if the PUBLIC school systems would actually teach History and Government.
Maybe if people would realize that the federal government has no authority to pass any law respecting the establishment of education, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, we wouldn't have to worry about our kids not learning the fundamentals of history and good citizenship.

Last, if Christianity was the first religion, that part about the Jews in the First Testament was all bunk, right? Unbelievable.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:35 AM
Senior Board Member

This thread needs to be locked now!

Illegitimis nil carborundum

Inter arma silent leges

Si hoc non legere potes tu asinus es
Old 03-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by theFlyinphoenix
:shock: 8) man this thread could really good....

Highly doubtful! :lol: :shock:

:lol: :P :lol: :P

Told ya sooo, this is better than Jerry Springer 8) were the popcorn :?:
Old 03-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Board Regular

This the point where I will no longer debate the issues because certain people cannot restrain themselves from making personal attacks upon other posts by people that have actually made some very valid points. I never intended nor will i partake in making any of the issues personal in regards to people that post things that I may disagree with on this site. So due to the fact that Fozzy and Brit can't post anything with substance or without attacking somebody elses posts and not having anything educated to say i will end the debate and just accept the fact that we won't see eye to eye on this issue. Mundaka I do know that I have power, but power is limited when their are few in number who actually vote and take the time to become informed. I do agree with some of your last post but I disagree with some of your others. I will not take the time to waste my breath and argue some of the other posts. BUT IT HAS BEEN FUN
Old 03-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Per the OP's request, this topic is now locked. ( And with GOOD reason ).
Closed Thread