View Poll Results: Will Israel do a pre-empted strike on Iran?
Yes 24 52.17%
No 22 47.83%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2008, 07:17 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Slim: Again.... I get it all confused at times.... been YEARS since I set foot in a church let alone Sunday School! But Jacob and Esau is a different story.
It is
Ishmael was born of Abraham's seed but of an Egyptian (Arab) servant to Sarah. So, although the Arabs are, I guess, PART Jewish, they are also part Arab.

Funny thing is.... God told Abraham that Ismael WOULD be blessed, yet here we/they are fighting each other!
Of course they are, they have since Isaac was born.

AS FOR SARAI THY WIFE, THOU SHALT NOT CALL HER NAME SARAI, BUT SARAH SHALL HER NAME BE. AND I WILL BLESS HER, AND GIVE THEE A SON ALSO OF HER...AND SHE SHALL BE A MOTHER OF NATIONS; KINGS OF PEOPLE SHALL BE OF HER. THEN ABRAHAM FELL UPON HIS FACE, AND LAUGHED, AND SAID IN HIS HEART, SHALL A CHILD BE BORN UNTO HIM THAT IS AN HUNDRED YEARS OLD? AND SHALL SARAH, THAT IS NINETY YEARS OLD, BEAR? AND GOD SAID, SARAH THY WIFE SHALL BEAR THEE A SON INDEED; AND THOU SHALT CALL HIS NAME ISAAC: AND I WILL ESTABLISH MY COVENANT WITH HIM FOR AN EVERLASTING COVENANT, AND WITH HIS SEED AFTER HIM. AND AS FOR ISHMAEL, I HAVE HEARD THEE: BEHOLD, I HAVE BLESSED HIM, AND WILL MAKE HIM FRUITFUL, AND WILL MULTIPLY HIM EXCEEDINGLY; TWELVE PRINCES SHALL HE BEGAT, AND I WILL MAKE HIM A GREAT NATION. BUT MY COVENANT WILL I ESTABLISH WITH ISAAC-Gen 17:15-17,19-21.

http://www.amazingbible.org/Document...and_Ismael.htm

It's more than sibling rivalry, it's about who is the "rightful heir" to Abraham and the land that was promised to him. Both sides beleive that they are right, so much so that they will not stop until the other is destroyed. Ishmael (Ismael) was blessed BUT God's Covenant was with Isaac. Ishmael was born of the flesh, Isaac was born of Spirit. They will always be at odds.

From a womans viewpoint (paraphrased of course)...
Sarah wanted to help Abraham fulfill God's promise about his heirs, so since she couldn't conceive she gave him her maid. When Hagar conceived and gave Abraham a son she despised Sarah. Then God decides to let Sarah have a child. Hagar and Ishmael are pi$$ed off to say the least. Even though Ishmael is the first born son, he is not legitimate, and Ishmael mocks Isaac. Sarah begs Abraham to send them away, God agrees with Sarah and Hagar and Ishmael are sent away. God promised Abraham that He would bless Ishmael and that he would become a great nation, but His convenant is with Isaac, the legitimate heir

IMHO Sarah screwed up! Even though her heart was in the right place in trying to help her husband, she shot herself in the foot. Hagar thought that when she gave Abraham a son, everything that was Sarah's should be hers, including Abraham and the Promises God had made him. But she was wrong. But God allowed it to happen so I have to believe that there is a reason that this feud has been allowed to go on for thousands of years.

Reb

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Quote:
Slim: Again.... I get it all confused at times.... been YEARS since I set foot in a church let alone Sunday School! But Jacob and Esau is a different story.
It is
Ishmael was born of Abraham's seed but of an Egyptian (Arab) servant to Sarah. So, although the Arabs are, I guess, PART Jewish, they are also part Arab.

Funny thing is.... God told Abraham that Ismael WOULD be blessed, yet here we/they are fighting each other!
Quote:

AS FOR SARAI THY WIFE, THOU SHALT NOT CALL HER NAME SARAI, BUT SARAH SHALL HER NAME BE. AND I WILL BLESS HER, AND GIVE THEE A SON ALSO OF HER...AND SHE SHALL BE A MOTHER OF NATIONS; KINGS OF PEOPLE SHALL BE OF HER. THEN ABRAHAM FELL UPON HIS FACE, AND LAUGHED, AND SAID IN HIS HEART, SHALL A CHILD BE BORN UNTO HIM THAT IS AN HUNDRED YEARS OLD? AND SHALL SARAH, THAT IS NINETY YEARS OLD, BEAR? AND GOD SAID, SARAH THY WIFE SHALL BEAR THEE A SON INDEED; AND THOU SHALT CALL HIS NAME ISAAC: AND I WILL ESTABLISH MY COVENANT WITH HIM FOR AN EVERLASTING COVENANT, AND WITH HIS SEED AFTER HIM. AND AS FOR ISHMAEL, I HAVE HEARD THEE: BEHOLD, I HAVE BLESSED HIM, AND WILL MAKE HIM FRUITFUL, AND WILL MULTIPLY HIM EXCEEDINGLY; TWELVE PRINCES SHALL HE BEGAT, AND I WILL MAKE HIM A GREAT NATION. BUT MY COVENANT WILL I ESTABLISH WITH ISAAC-Gen 17:15-17,19-21.

It's more than sibling rivalry, it's about who is the "rightful heir" to Abraham and the land that was promised to him. Both sides beleive that they are right, so much so that they will not stop until the other is destroyed. Ishmael (Ismael) was blessed BUT God's Covenant was with Isaac. Ishmael was born of the flesh, Isaac was born of Spirit. They will always be at odds.

Sarah wanted to help Abraham fulfill God's promise about his heirs, so since she couldn't conceive she gave him her maid. When Hagar conceived and gave Abraham a son she despised Sarah. Then God decides to let Sarah have a child. Hagar and Ishmael are pi$$ed off to say the least. Even though Ishmael is the first born son, he is not legitimate, and Ishmael mocks Isaac. Sarah begs Abraham to send them away, God agrees with Sarah and Hagar and Ishmael are sent away. God promised Abraham that He would bless Ishmael and that he would become a great nation, but His convenant is with Isaac, the legitimate heir

IMHO Sarah screwed up! Even though her heart was in the right place in trying to help her husband, she shot herself in the foot. Hagar thought that when she gave Abraham a son, everything that was Sarah's should be hers, including Abraham and the Promises God had made him. But she was wrong. But God allowed it to happen so I have to believe that there is a reason that this feud has been allowed to go on for thousands of years.

Reb
Rebdarlin that was a good post. I enjoyed it, exspecialy from a womans point of view.. I would like to see more of these..
If you where back then or maybe even now.. would you do the same? what about jelousy, that Abraham slept with another woman?

I wonder if that might be one reason that Hagar and Sarah didn't get along?
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 02-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:

I am not sure, but I think from what I read, and the way it is now and has been.. that the Muslims, are from Esau.. The reason I say that is because it says his hand and seed will be against every one, and everyone will be against him and his seed. If that is the case and they are from Esau, wouldn't that make them even more Jewish than that of Ismael's leneage. Since his mom was a Egyptian?
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 02-29-2008, 07:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimland
Quote:
Quote:
It is

Quote:

Reb
Rebdarlin that was a good post. I enjoyed it, exspecialy from a womans point of view.. I would like to see more of these..
If you where back then or maybe even now.. would you do the same? what about jelousy, that Abraham slept with another woman?

I wonder if that might be one reason that Hagar and Sarah didn't get along?

Jealousy? Of course. Even though it was Sarahs idea for Abraham to have a child with Hagar, when Sarah did finally have her own child, she didn't want the other child or his mother around. Especially since in those time "birthright" was everything. The first born was "automatically" the heir. But there was no way Sarah wanted Ishmael to be Abrahams heir, she wanted her own son Isaac to be the only heir.

Also, Hagar was a slave, Sarahs maid. Don't you think when she had Abrahams son, that she believed her "status" would change? That she would become "the woman of the house", replacing Sarah. Of course she did! And she "despised" Sarah because Abraham still loved her, she was still his "only" wife, and Hagar was still "just the maid". It says that Sarah mistreated Hagar. I think there were out and out catfights in that house.

I've wondered why Sarah wasn't punished, or at least rebuked, for what she did. God had told her she would have a child in due time. She took it upon herself to arrange for Abraham to have a child with Hagar. Maybe just knowing that Ishamel was still out there somewhere was a thorn in her side. Especially since I believe that she knew ( since it is written in the Bible) that Ishmael did very well for himself and had 12 sons, who were the beginning of the Nation of Islam. Just like the 12 Tribes of Israel, there are also 12 Tribes of Islam. According to the Quran, Abraham was going to sacrifice Ishmael, not Isaac.

This is a pretty good article explaining the conflict between Israel and the Arab States. Did you know that the Quran states that teh Muslims must destroy all of the seed of Isaac and Jacob before Allah will return?

http://focusonjerusalem.com/TheRoots...abConflict.htm

Reb

Reb

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-06-2008, 06:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Hey Slim where are you? Hope everything is alright!

Abraham Lincoln

Old 03-08-2008, 02:24 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Hey Slim where are you? Hope everything is alright!
Everything is fine thanks for askin-- I take a break everyonce in a while Rebel.. Besides every thing seems to be hitting at once.. We have a well and was cleaning out my mother in laws Water heater.. THen I remembered I hadn't cleaned mine out in 3 years.. So I get this bright idea to clean it out.. Glad I did, after pullin the washer and dryer out of the way to get to the pannel to the Water heater and central air pantry. I noticed my water heater is busted.. Not just a leak where the element goes, but the liner! I had about a foot and a half of sedement and hard water flakes, it was so high it went over the element.. Water was every where, and on top of that the element's seal was busted, and water was all in the insulation.. suprised there was no fire or a breaker going out.. So to say the least I had to get a new water heater, it cost me 350 dollars. on top of that I got a House filter fairly cheap for about 30 dollars.. after putting in the water heater. I went to hook up the filter and ended up busting a hose connection, didn't know it until I had turned on the water..

No it didn't happen right away-- My kids and I where fixin some enchiladas. I thought my wife was doing laundry-- NO that sound was the water rushing out of the busted fixter on the water pipe or line.. Oh my the water was realy every where now.. My wife was walking down the hall way and yelled "Oh no, Wallace-- there is water every where" So I turn off the water to the house. Go back to town and get one part to patch it until the next day.. { So I can go to a Home improvment store} it was a late night to say the least.. Then next day I go to Home depot and look for the right stuff and extra line to no avail.. I even asked for help after 30 min of looking.. THe guy's response was "if it isn't there, then we dont' have it".! What a Jerk, --- so I go down a couple of block's to Lowes home store. And the Plumbing guy helped me, I am not kiddin a Hour and a half.. The reason it took so long was My original hose is 5/8, I needed to go to a 1/2 to the filter.. No can do-- Plenty of 3/4 to 1/2 and vice versa.. after the hour and a half, I was frustrated and the plumbing guy was helping some others, I sat back away from the wall with the parts and thought.. then BAMM-- I figured it out.. they did have a 5/8 barbed which the other end was a 3/4 femal.. I then found a 3/4 male to a 1/2 inch barbed. The rest is history and fixed..
Now I have no House payment :cry: This puts me 2 months behind, but they are working with me, and now that I am back to work, maybe I can get it caught up. They told me if I don't have at least one payment by the 28th then they will forclose.. Yeah they told me that befor more than once.

One time well in 2004 the stressed me out soo much, and My mother in law got a loan to get us caught up. Note{ we were behind because of costody battle, which is still going on, I have the kids and have had them for 3 years now. Our final hearing is the 27th of this month}
Anyway--One time well in 2004 the stressed me out soo much, and My mother in law got a loan to get us caught up.. She was at the Post Office mailing it over night.. The case officer {Edd} for my mortgage account, was on the phone telling me, "that it was too late--they wern't going to take my money now" We called my mother inlaw and told her not to send it, she was next in line.. With all the other crap we had, we filed bankruptcy. Which kept them from taking our home for the time being. It was chapter 7, and I did'nt have to give up the house {Trailer aka Mobil home} Never had to redo the loan either, just make the payments, just like normal. The only diffrence now is, when they tell me it is too late, then that means they cannot contact me anymore, and they don't like that. They did it again a year later, I told them to come get it.. a week later they called me.. I told them they where going against the court order, the new account rep patched me over to the boss. who said they will work with me, if I still want it..
I told him fine, but I want a diffrent rep, and one who will stay the distance, that way I don't have to go over the last 4 years of history since my injury.. So I have had 2 reps since then, and both were great. Now Shannon my last rep is Promoted, and she promised to sit with my new rep and explain my circumstances, so I won't have to go through the last 4 years again.. EDD was Fired! because of his actions.

So now on top of the house and the water heater. My electric and insurance is due.. AHGGG.. frustrated.. It will work out though, God has always provided, and I am doing my part..

I though about doing some underwear modeling, but cant now after the surgery :lol: Could do porn, I can think of some names. I dont think my wife would like that though. Besides they will pay me to put my clothes back on. :lol:

Well there is my life story, boring as it is and don't even know why I had typed it out.. Just needed to vent I guess.. So y'all can wake up now, and we can get back to the discussion on Israel.

Slimland
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 03-08-2008, 05:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Glad to hear you're physically ok. Financial problems can be stressful but you God will provide so just remember...

And this too shall pass!

Reb

Abraham Lincoln

Old 04-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Israel warns: We'll 'destroy' Iran as region under general war alert

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,347212,00.html

Israel will "destroy" Iran if Tehran decided to launch a war against the Jewish state, Israeli Infrastructure Minister Benjamin Ben-Eliezer said today.

The unusually harsh warning from Ben-Eliezer, a former defense minister, was delivered as the official visited his ministry's war room, which took part today in a massive, nationwide, weeklong drill that is set to include simulated chemical missile attacks on central Israel.

"The Iranians won't rush to attack Israel, because they understand the significance such action would have and are well aware of our strength," Ben-Eliezer told reporters. "However, Iran continues to aggravate the situation by supplying arms to Syria and Hezbollah, and we must deal with this."

The minister said this week's war drill "is not a meaningless spectacle or a fictional scenario. The future reality is likely to be a number of times harsher than that which we recognize now. We are confronted with a situation where the home front becomes the front line."

"In a future war, it will be much safer to live in (the northern towns of) Nahariya and Shlomi instead of Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, since I expect that in the opening attack hundreds of missiles will strike Israel," Eliezer said. "There will be no place in the country which is not within range of Syria and Hezbollah's rockets."

Israel's current war drill is the country's largest-ever. It aims to prepare the public and government and army institutions for the possibility of a future war. The drills reportedly include testing of missile alert sirens, Israel Defense Force war simulations, Homefront Command, police and emergency services responses and drills in hospitals and emergency centers.

As part of the drill, Israel will simulate a massive missile bombardment, including a chemical missile attack.

The drill and Ben-Eliezer's warning come as Syria, Lebanon and Israel increased their alertness along a joint border zone amid a possible breakout of hostilities.

The countries are preparing for the possibility of Hezbollah attacking Israel in retaliation for the assassination of arch-Hezbollah terrorist Imad Mughniyeh, who was killed in a car bomb in Syria in February.

According to Israeli security officials, Israel has warned Syria, which sends Iranian weapons to Hezbollah, that Damascus would be held accountable for any Hezbollah attack on Israeli soil.

Deputy IDF Chief of Staff Dan Harel warned last week Israel will "respond with a heavy hand" against anyone trying to target Israel.

Touring Israel's northern border with Lebanon and Syria, Defense Minister Ehud Barak stated last week Israel is the most powerful country in the Middle East and warned against challenging it.

Barak was to travel last week to Berlin for strategic talks about the Middle East but postponed the trip due to tensions with Syria, his aides said.
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-14-2008, 01:30 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

"Wars and rumors of wars"

Sign of the times, Slim. :?

Old 04-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
"Wars and rumors of wars"

Sign of the times, Slim. :?
Yep-- I think so also.. Just wished I knew more. But then again I'd probably go mad. Makes me wonder if that is why John was called the one whom Jesus Loved.. Maybe that time with HIM, got John ready for what he would see.. Couldn't imagine it anyother way, without the knowledge of first hand knowing to carry me on. :wink:
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart