User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Kyle Busch SUSPENDED for the Weekend

Kyle Busch needs to Learn that Caution means You don't Wreck the Driver IN FRONT OF YOU evidently. Caution came out in the Truck Race last night on lap 14 well on Lap 15 Kyle took out Ron Hornaday and Spun him HEAD ON into the Wall while Taking Ron out of the Championship Picture. Nascar ParkKlye for the Night and this Morning PARKED HIM for the Weekend. He can not race in the Nationwide and Sprint Cup Races. NASCAR is still not done with the Penalties YET they are still thinking of Pulling his License for the weekend according to Pit Reporters for both Speed and ESPN based on his History of NOT Learning. JGR is not happy as you can imagine. Micheal Mcdowell is the Replacement this weekend.

I can imagine M&M Mars is not happy either.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle_2006 View Post
Kyle Busch needs to Learn that Caution means You don't Wreck the Driver IN FRONT OF YOU evidently. Caution came out in the Truck Race last night on lap 14 well on Lap 15 Kyle took out Ron Hornaday and Spun him HEAD ON into the Wall while Taking Ron out of the Championship Picture. Nascar ParkKlye for the Night and this Morning PARKED HIM for the Weekend. He can not race in the Nationwide and Sprint Cup Races. NASCAR is still not done with the Penalties YET they are still thinking of Pulling his License for the weekend according to Pit Reporters for both Speed and ESPN based on his History of NOT Learning. JGR is not happy as you can imagine. Micheal Mcdowell is the Replacement this weekend.

I can imagine M&M Mars is not happy either.
WOW!!! I had heard on the way home from work this morning that there was a drive that wouldn't be able to participate in the race this weekend but I never heard who it was. What a shocker. We'll see how much groveling goes on now. He's an arrogant A** anyway, IMHO. He's a GREAT driver but with false humility. Maybe this will wake him up. Joe isn't going to put up with this for very long, especially if it's reflecting back on him.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Board Icon

Well, you can bump a driver while under caution to show your displeasure, it happens all the time. You can't continue to pile drive the driver your mad at halfway around the track before putting him head-on and still pushing him into the wall. Mikey Waltrip did the same thing at Richmond to Casey Mears, NASCAR parked Waltrip for the rest of the race and fined him. Why was Kyle not given the same, he has a history whereas Mikey did not. Of course it didn't help matters that Ron was 15 points off the Championship leader starting the night with 1 race left after Texas. Now he sits 48 points out and is out of the picture. Kyle had no reason to go up and be mad at Ron, it was a racing deal.

I suspect a large fine is forthcoming, probably probation not just for the final races of this year but for all of next year too. This are rumor's that he could be done for the year due to how his reaction was both last night and again this morning with NASCAR. Mars cannot be happy being a family friendly company.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Nascar is so inconsistant and it shows by the attendance.

Edwards comes out of the pits under yellow a couple years ago and t-bones Jr in the drivers door with Jr's arm out out the window. Edwards comes within 6" of killing Keslowski at Atlanta then takes out most of the field being stupid at St Louis. No sitting Carl down!

Last weeks demo derby and retaliations didn't bring any penalties.

What Kyle did Friday night was stupid but there have been some other stupid stunts all year with no harsh penalties. Nascar had to do something but sitting out the Cup race was a little too harsh. Parked for the rest of the Truck race and the Nationwide race would of been enough.

Nascar loves Kyle and most of his actions but he went a little further than Nascar could handle this time and they had to show who was boss to their vanilla fan base.

Joe Gibbs Racing and Mars also love Kyle and will have to give Kyle a public thrashing over the ordeal to be politically correct. In reality they are getting more air time than anyone else. Like they say bad publicity is better than no publicity.

JGR and Mars will come up with some bogus anger management plan for Kyle, the same as JGR and Home Depot did with Tony a few years ago. Do you think Tony really went to any classes??

Don't forget Kyle's wife is a sports psychologist LOL
Old 11-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Lets look at the History of Edwards compared to Kyle shall we. Edwards after his runb ins you mentioned has he EVER gtten back into truoble with NASCAR since then NO he Has NOT. Also even NASCAR admitted what happened with Kesalowski at Atlanta was a Freak Accident related to the Wing being on the Cars and led to them removing them Soon afterwards with the Spoiler.

Lets look at Kyle's List THIS YEAR alone. Caught Speeding off the track at over 120 MPH in a sports car on a Busy 2 Lane rad with Schools and Driveways all over it in the Charolette area. Shoved Harvicks car INTO the WALL AFTER the Race at Darlington almost hitting multiple Crew and Track Officals. Then we have the Big one this weekend UNDER CAUTION after a minor Racing Incident with Ron Hornaday with his CREW Screaming at him to STOP IT he ran up to Hornaday at FULL SPEED tried once and FAILED then proceeded to SLAM hornaday after hooking him Head On into the wall at over 120 MPH with Saftey Workers OUT ON THE TRACK.

I noticed one thing about JGR Statements they did not say the crucial thing that He will be in the car the Rest of the Year and into Next Year. People are saying M&M's Mars hass an Embrassesment Clause in the Contract and is looking to USE IT after this weekend or Force JGR to release Kyle Busch or lose them as a Sponsor. There are Teams that Need a Major Sponsor such as the 6 RBR is looking for a Sponsor RCR needs one for the 31 team so they would have options. If JGR refuses to release Kyle.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle_2006 View Post
I noticed one thing about JGR Statements they did not say the crucial thing that He will be in the car the Rest of the Year and into Next Year. People are saying M&M's Mars hass an Embrassesment Clause in the Contract and is looking to USE IT after this weekend or Force JGR to release Kyle Busch or lose them as a Sponsor. There are Teams that Need a Major Sponsor such as the 6 RBR is looking for a Sponsor RCR needs one for the 31 team so they would have options. If JGR refuses to release Kyle.

PEOPLE???.............. Could you post a link where Mars or JGR mentions this??........... Did you hear it on the CB??

I'm sure Mars would love love to dump 16-18 million into a team that runs in the middle to the back everyweek. Do you suppose that's why they don't have a sponsor??
Old 11-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Board Icon

IE, NASCAR won't admit it but they missed Edwards' penalty. What he did twice to BK was way worse than what Kyle did to Hornaday. They have now set a new precedent, let's see if they stick with it.

What Edwards did at Atlanta was not a freak accident, you never turn a car at 195 mph. Whether it's got a spoiler or wing it's going to catch air at that speed. The NNS cars never went with the wing, those cars were and still are catching air when turned at 190+. The reason Edwards has not gotten into trouble since, he learned his lesson after Gateway. NASCAR quietly informed him that the next incident was going to be a parking. Both of those incidents crossed the line.

IE, show me the video of track workers affected by this incident at Texas.....I saw none in 3 and 4 where it took place that were out on the track. I only saw 1 crew member who was in the way at Darlington and he was to the side out of the way when it happened. Kyle didn't purposely push the car for the heck of it, he had no reverse gear. If he had not lost reverse he would have backed up and drove around, instead he pushed the car out of the way. As for his off-track deal, it was not a busy 2 lane road, it was the middle of night, nobody was on the road. If it had been a crew member I would have been more worried but it was a race car driver who has skills that the average driver isn't even close to. He just so happened to get caught jacking around. It really isn't a big f-ing deal.

Penalty from NASCAR was pretty much like I said, $50K fine and probation until Dec. 31, now we will wait on JGR and Mars.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt View Post
PEOPLE???.............. Could you post a link where Mars or JGR mentions this??........... Did you hear it on the CB??

I'm sure Mars would love love to dump 16-18 million into a team that runs in the middle to the back everyweek. Do you suppose that's why they don't have a sponsor??
Does this qualify as "mention"? I'm thinkin he might be in trouble. If he gets out of this without losing his ride he'll be damn lucky.

Report -- Sponsor wants Kyle Busch replaced by Denny Hamlin at Homestead - ESPN
Old 11-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Board Icon

Well that's not Mars or JGR, that's Z-Line and only for the Nationwide Series. I do see where no decision has been made for the Cup side with Mars as on 3:55 pm today. A decision has to be made real soon because the driver has to be leaving either tonight or in the early AM to get to Phoenix for opening practice.

Maybe, just maybe Kyle will decide to follow Jeff Gordon, JJ and a few others who choose not to run the other races. One, your racing against inferior teams and drivers, and two you might just get yourself hurt or in trouble. Not saying he shouldn't race them, he's a racer who just loves to race anything with wheels and I have no problem with that but you do open yourself up for potential problems. What I just said though could all go out the window if Mars drops him completely. What sponsor would be willing to pick him up in this day and age where sponsor's are very hard to come by to even run 1 race.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Board Icon

Hearing M&M's is off the car for the final 2 races and that Interstate Batteries will instead be on the car. Not sure if it was already planned that way but Aric Almirola did confirm that JGR has spoken with him about driving the 18.