User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Well that's not Mars or JGR, that's Z-Line and only for the Nationwide Series. I do see where no decision has been made for the Cup side with Mars as on 3:55 pm today. A decision has to be made real soon because the driver has to be leaving either tonight or in the early AM to get to Phoenix for opening practice.
It "mentions" Mars deciding what to do with Bush for the rest of the season in the third paragraph. It doesn't say they are dropping him but they are sure thinking about it.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Board Icon

Mar's is coming back next year but Kyle is on his last chance with them, in no uncertain terms, ANY incident next year and they will drop their sponsorship of him. It is still unclear what will happen with the sponsorship money Mars already paid JGR to be on the car for the final 2 races. Will JGR pay it back, give them a slightly reduced price next year or will Kyle be responsible for reimbursing them?

Gibbs made it very clear, Kyle's punishment is not over quite yet but he never had any intention of firing Kyle even if Mar's left.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Senior Board Member

They need to flip sponsors and everything might work better.

Put the kid Logano with the M&M's kid car. I bet Home Depot would really like seeing their car up front again with Kyle. Home Depot has already been through things with Stewart that were worse than anything Kyle has done. Did Home Depot suffer any losses from the things Stewart did??

Bottom line is that it won't happen because M&M's know the exposure they get with Kyle. They have to be politically correct and do something to punish Kyle.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:18 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm sure Kyle will be on his best behavior, and I'll bet Gibbs gave him what for too. Gibbs isn't that kind of person and he's not going to want that kind of behavior reflecting back on him.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Board Icon

Gibbs will get him set straight. Kyle has really been trying hard to change since getting married. If it had been anyone but Gibbs he'd be out of a job. Gibbs is big on giving people a second chance. He gave LaVar Arrington an open door to come back to the Redskins, LaVar never took it but it was there even though both had a falling out with each other.

I did find it funny that BK stood up and did some defending of Kyle at Phoenix. They few times they've tangled BK has gotten the worst of it, wouldn't suspect him to be the one defending Kyle.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Board Icon

Wow... I guess it runs in the family:

Kurt Busch's future is bleak after ousting at Penske - NASCAR - Yahoo! Sports

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Senior Board Member

2nd time that Kurt has been run off from a team First it was Rousch Racing at the time in 2005 when he was Released with 2 races to go in the Season. Something told me that Miller Brewing was NOT happy with Busch when they made the swap with Kesalowski taking over teh 2 car this Year. Sorry but you do not do something like that so fast as they did without a Major Sponsor saying DO THIS or we LEAVE. That would be like Lowes Jumping to Jr and saying to Hendrick Motorsportseither Jimmy Johnson is gone by the end of the Season or we are GONE.

Busch has a Larger Problem he has Burned his Bridges with Ford now Dodge and has Fueded with Hendrick and RCR drivers so which team will take him. I doubt JGR would want him for one reason they have enough issues with Kyle there.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Board Icon

I hear Tommy Baldwin will take him. Hey, maybe he can hook up with Furniture Row since they are based close to his hometown. None of the top teams have room for him anyways. He isn't going to come with a sponsor in his back pocket and that's a BIG deal these days in order for someone to take a leap of faith with him.

Hearing Kurt, he's finished and he knows it when it comes to NASCAR. His feud with JJ seemed more out of frustration for the whole season. He's looking to head to NHRA now. He was simply not having fun anymore out there before his final blowup at Homestead.