User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Texas A&M to the SEC

Come Monday it is expected that they announce their intentions to leave the Big 12 after this season and join the SEC. Not a surprise, they were looking to do just last year but decided to stay in the Big 12. Many suspect it has something to do with the Texas TV deal in that they suddenly are leaving. Question is, the SEC isn't going to take just 1 team, they will need to find another team to add for conference balance. Would Missouri jump and become a regional rival for Arkansas? If so, then the Big 12 might as well change their name back to the Big 8 or Southwest Conference name. Could South Florida or another team suddenly jump from Conference USA? Is an ACC team looking to leave, like an FSU who is not a charter member of the ACC?
Old 08-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Senior Board Member

The article in our paper here has OU and OSU jumping to the PAC-12, possibly, if A&M leaves. They don't think they can get enough quality teams to come here to keep a "decent" conference going. BYU and Air Force were mentioned. Whoever goes to the SEC better step it up and buy some good chinstraps, cause they'll get a spankin over there. This all makes my head hurt. I'm just going to see what happens.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Board Icon

FSU is not outright denying jumping to the SEC and rumor around here is that VT has been mum on the issue but apparently have secretly been meeting with the SEC folks.
VT would give the SEC a footprint in one of the final "Southern states" and allow the SEC teams better access to the hotbed of talent in VA. With how VT came into the ACC, I don't see them being above jumping ship for the SEC but at the same time they could feel obligated to stay with how they came in.

I'm hearing, FSU, VT and Clemson all leaving the ACC and TAMU leaving the Big 12 for the SEC as 1 scenario. I'm also hearing, FSU, Mizzou, Clemson and TAMU heading to the SEC as scenario 2.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Board Icon

Rob, forget BYU. They just went Indy starting this year with their own TV network, the same thing that is apparently driving TAMU to the SEC and has infuriated the other Big 12 members, can't see them allowing BYU in since they are already steamed about UT's deal.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Our local sports tonight say's the A&M deal is all but done. Mizzou is supposedly saying no to going to the SEC. And your right, A&M was pizzed off about UT getting 3 mill for the T.V. stuff, it's all about the money.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:42 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Well, if A & M come to the SEC it will make my wife a very happy camper. The SEC is a very strong conference. We take our football very seriously.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:43 AM
Board Icon

Would that make her happy GMAN, because A&M may not survive, or is it because she likes A&M?

It is so strange to see them in the SEC. It blows my mind, to be honest. Me personally, I don't think they will have a chance. Could yall see A&M waltzing into Neyland Stadium, or Bryant Denny, or the Swamp? :lol:
Look at Texas. Alabama made them look like a bunch of amateurs, and A&M will be on the schedule with all these monsters.. :hellno:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 08-14-2011, 05:00 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
Would that make her happy GMAN, because A&M may not survive, or is it because she likes A&M?

It is so strange to see them in the SEC. It blows my mind, to be honest. Me personally, I don't think they will have a chance. Could yall see A&M waltzing into Neyland Stadium, or Bryant Denny, or the Swamp? :lol:
Look at Texas. Alabama made them look like a bunch of amateurs, and A&M will be on the schedule with all these monsters.. :hellno:

She just loves anything from Texas, even A & M. I think they might make Vanderbilt look good. They will really have their work cut out for them if they want to be a strong contender. I would love to see Texas and Tennessee play. Two different shades of orange on the field with a stadium of orange and orange.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Senior Board Member

If you have never seen A&M's Band, it is worth it to buy a ticket to a game just to see them. One of the most amazing, coolest things I have ever seen.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Board Icon

One day I would love to get to College Station to experience the 12th man. Looks so cool on TV. I think TAMU will be ok, they will have a handle on the Texas talent that wants to play in the SEC but wants to stay home. Right not the SEC is THE power conference in football and a lot of kids want to play there. Look at LSU, outside of the talent from LA, Texas sends them the 2nd most players. Same thing with Arkansas.

The SEC is scheduled to hold a super duper double secret meeting today on expansion and re-alignment........TAMU is expecting to receive an invite this afternoon from the SEC and the TAMU Board is scheduled to meet tomorrow in what's expected to be accepting the invite for moving to the SEC next year. In other news, Clemson, FSU and Missouri have stated they have had no contact with the SEC, none of outright denied possibly jumping. Those 3 names keep coming up though as joining TAMU in the SEC.