User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I am surprised that FSU hasn't been in the SEC. They would be a stong contender.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:49 PM
Board Icon

The SEC basically announced that they are not going to offer anything to TAMU until they are officially out of the Big 12, for legal reasons of course. Of course it was said today by the Texas Legislature that TAMU best stay put or there is going to be trouble for them. They are being tongue lashed to remember the TV deal they signed up for with FOX, the same TV deal that UT signed.........before reneging and moving their stuff to ESPN.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Board Icon

I talked to my dad yesterday evening when I found out about SEC not inviting A&M at this time. He was glad. He had a point. He said, "The Big 12 is already fallen apart. If A&M goes to the SEC, no telling what would happen to the Big 12." While I was talking to him, I happen to think about, SMU, Rice, and Houston, who was Southwest Conference members. They might bring them in, if anything else happens in the future.

GMAN, I hope my jokes about A&M didn't offend ya.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 08-16-2011, 12:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Sounds like everybody is backing off of this today. Now the talk is of SMU joining the BIG 12, at least that's the talk around the OKC sports arena.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:17 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
I talked to my dad yesterday evening when I found out about SEC not inviting A&M at this time. He was glad. He had a point. He said, "The Big 12 is already fallen apart. If A&M goes to the SEC, no telling what would happen to the Big 12." While I was talking to him, I happen to think about, SMU, Rice, and Houston, who was Southwest Conference members. They might bring them in, if anything else happens in the future.

GMAN, I hope my jokes about A&M didn't offend ya.
It didn't bother me at all. Personally, I prefer my teams with a bit of orange. :thumbsup:
Old 08-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Board Icon

Ok. :thumbsup: Good. I knew that you bled Orange.. The first thing that came to mind was A&M playing in the SEC. I couldn't imagine. I'm sure they could compete, in time, but at first, it would be brutal. :lol:

Paul Finebaum had Gene Stallings on his radio show, yesterday. The way they talked, A&M is not out of this completely. In their opinions, the SEC is waiting either for the other team to join, or they are waiting to invite the other team (whoever that may be), then invite A&M back. They said that Missouri could be it, or possibly, Florida St or Clemson, or Virginia Tech.
Let's say that A&M does go to the SEC. I hope that the Big 12 will bring a team, or teams to the conference. Like Robertt said, maybe SMU, or someone else that once was a member of the SWC. I would hate to have this conference collapse.

Old 08-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I don't think that the conference will collapse. They may need to make some changes to make it more appealing for current members. Out of the ones you mentioned FSU would be the most appropriate for the SEC. They usually have a stong team. There really isn't a weak team in the SEC. Well, Tennessee has not done well the last few years, much to my disappointment. I am hopeful that this will be a much better year for the Vols.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Board Icon

About the only weak team I can think of is Vandy.
I believe FSU would fit right into the SEC. My only problem with FSU, (and the press) is that everyone is all over Jumbo Fisher. They all think that he's the best thing since sliced bread at FSU. You have to remember, most of Fisher's players are Bobby Bowden's. I don't know anything about Fisher. I'm sure he's a good coach, but let's see how FSU does in about 4 years, once the kids that Bowden recruited has graduated. Fisher walked into a gold mine, when he took over as head coach. I still don't understand why they wanted Bowden out, and I think they did him dirty, but Bowden had himself a dynasty.

It's pretty sad to see what happened to Tennessee. Fulmer had one losing season in his 14 or 15 year tenure. After he was fired, they brought in Kiffin. He ran that program into the ground. Now, (I forgot the new head coach's name) is trying to get it back up. I don't know a thing about him, but if he's any good, Tennessee aughta be back up, and running. I just think that Kiffin wasn't very keen on his part, in recruiting, and leading the team. They got in a hole, and hopefully, this coach can get them out of it. Me personally, I'd like to see Mike Leach over there. He's an awesome recruiter, and his mind is something that no one can figure out. He's a genius :lol:

Last edited by Jackrabbit379; 08-16-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: added more stuff.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:59 AM
Board Icon

FSU is out of the picture. Florida will not allow ANY team from FL in the SEC with them. It gives them a recruiting edge, come to UF and play in the tough SEC or go to FSU or Miami and play in the lowly ACC? Same with GT, Georgia will not allow them in and the same goes with Clemson, USC will not allow them in. Mizzou has the best shot of joining TAMU. WVU is apparently open to the SEC. They aren't exactly happy in the BE anymore and nobody in the SEC would have a big problem with them joining. Pretty good in both basketball and football.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Board Icon

You said the exact same thing many callers said yesterday, on Paul Finebaum's show. I was thinking the whole time, 'who cares what Florida thinks. If the SEC wants FSU, and FSU wants to join, let it happen.' :lol:
It will be interesting how it plays out.