Old 08-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
About the only weak team I can think of is Vandy.
I believe FSU would fit right into the SEC. My only problem with FSU, (and the press) is that everyone is all over Jumbo Fisher. They all think that he's the best thing since sliced bread at FSU. You have to remember, most of Fisher's players are Bobby Bowden's. I don't know anything about Fisher. I'm sure he's a good coach, but let's see how FSU does in about 4 years, once the kids that Bowden recruited has graduated. Fisher walked into a gold mine, when he took over as head coach. I still don't understand why they wanted Bowden out, and I think they did him dirty, but Bowden had himself a dynasty.

It's pretty sad to see what happened to Tennessee. Fulmer had one losing season in his 14 or 15 year tenure. After he was fired, they brought in Kiffin. He ran that program into the ground. Now, (I forgot the new head coach's name) is trying to get it back up. I don't know a thing about him, but if he's any good, Tennessee aughta be back up, and running. I just think that Kiffin wasn't very keen on his part, in recruiting, and leading the team. They got in a hole, and hopefully, this coach can get them out of it. Me personally, I'd like to see Mike Leach over there. He's an awesome recruiter, and his mind is something that no one can figure out. He's a genius :lol:

Fulmer was the best at recruiting. It will probably take a few seasons to see how the new coach settles into the job and does with recruiting. Hopefully, he can turn the program around. I will be interested in seeing how A & M will shake out with the SEC.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Fulmer was the best at recruiting. It will probably take a few seasons to see how the new coach settles into the job and does with recruiting. Hopefully, he can turn the program around. I will be interested in seeing how A & M will shake out with the SEC.
If A&M does go to the SEC, I think it will be a struggle at first. Me personally, I don't see them coming anywhere close to competing in the SEC. I'm not saying the Big 12 isn't a tough counference, they are, but there is something about the SEC. Always has been. That is one mean conference. I've always thought that the SEC was the most exciting conference. I believe A&M will recruit better in the future (if this SEC deal happens). These kids, looking into colleges might rather play in the SEC than the Big 12.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 08-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Board Icon

The SEC plays at a much faster pace than other conferences. You think of the Big Ten, you think of big boys who are slow. Big 12, you think of big boys who can move faster than the Big Ten boys and play more physical. SEC, they are like lightning and play just as physical as the Big 12. Look at Oregon as an example, they simply got worn down by Auburn's physical play coupled with the speed. Oregon isn't a slow team, they could run right there with Auburn, they just couldn't match the physical-ness.

If TAMU goes to the SEC, they should not expect to be competitive right away. They are essentially moving up, not across.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Well.....I guess it's official?
Texas A&M Aggies tell Big 12 they'll seek new conference - ESPN
Old 09-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Board Icon

I'm interested to see where they end up. It sounds like the aggies are ready to leave town, after the SEC turned them down, (or whatever happened). Maybe the big east, where their old friend, TCU now lives. It's hard to believe that this conference is falling apart, again. I wouldn't be surprised if there won't be a conference in our neck of the woods, in the next few, (might even be a couple) years.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if there won't be a conference in our neck of the woods, in the next few, (might even be a couple) years.
Crazier things have happened.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Board Icon

I still see them going to the SEC. The SEC turned them away initially but only because they (SEC) didn't want to end up in court for conference tampering. They informed TAMU that they would not consider them until they had severed ties with the Big 12. Basically, make it official and we will offer you an invite. The SEC really wants a Texas team or two, they were hoping to swipe a few of them last year when Nebraska and Colorado jumped ship. TAMU was willing to go to the SEC then only if TT and/or Baylor were offered an invite with them. I think they tried to talk Texas into joining the group and bring 4 teams into the SEC to keep things even.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Board Icon

Well, it was nearly official today. TAMU got approval to join the SEC.........BUT, not until they take care of Baylor who's thinking of filing a lawsuit against them. If they cannot regain 100% of the Big 12 teams approval to leave then the SEC will pull the invite. All Big 12 teams had initially ok'ed them leaving, suddenly Baylor has changed their position. Ken Starr is leading the charge to stop TAMU now, he's the Prez of Baylor these days. Yes, the same Ken Starr who investigated Bill Clinton's shenanigans. I got a feeling this could go on for a while. I would not be surprised if UT is pulling the strings in the background to ultimately screw TAMU over. Let'em friggin leave, it makes Baylor and the rest of the Big 12 look like crybabies.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Well, it was nearly official today. TAMU got approval to join the SEC.........BUT, not until they take care of Baylor who's thinking of filing a lawsuit against them. If they cannot regain 100% of the Big 12 teams approval to leave then the SEC will pull the invite. All Big 12 teams had initially ok'ed them leaving, suddenly Baylor has changed their position. Ken Starr is leading the charge to stop TAMU now, he's the Prez of Baylor these days. Yes, the same Ken Starr who investigated Bill Clinton's shenanigans. I got a feeling this could go on for a while. I would not be surprised if UT is pulling the strings in the background to ultimately screw TAMU over. Let'em friggin leave, it makes Baylor and the rest of the Big 12 look like crybabies.
The NCAA is becoming the NFL, only without the money......oh.....wait......:hellno:
Old 09-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Board Icon

I think Baylor is the only one who is filing the suit. The only reason I can come up with, is that Starr may be in fear and not knowing of where his school will go next. I think it's stupid myself. Like Mr. Ford said, just let the Aggies go. Let em go, and weap.
I've heard that TTech, OU, and Ok St may go to the Pac 10, 12, whatever it's called now. What about Iowa St, and Mizzou, I dunno. Mizzou could end up either in the SEC or Big 10. I could see them in either conference. Who knows where Baylor will end up. Conference USA, maybe?
I was watching Tim Brando's show this morning. He said something about taking Rice, SMU, Houston, Tulsa, (which I think are Conf USA), Baylor, and the WAC, and form a super conference.
No telling when all this madness will take place, but it will be interesting to see what happens..