User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default I've got a question

Busch race in Montreal-Some people you just would love to get flattened.
Talking about punk R. Gordon.
He was told by Race Officials, after an accident he was in, to go back to 13th place. Gordon, who was having a feud with the race leader at the time, Didn't and stayed in 2nd position and THEN the Punk wrecked the race leader "INTENTIONALLY"

Busch series is NASCAR-Now the question-Can NASCAR Ban the punk for the rest of the year? My guess is yes.

Now Gordon says he WON the Race :roll:
Guy needs a BIG attitude adjustment
Old 08-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Agreed, would not be surprised to see him parked for tomorrow's Cup race. Ambrose had every right to go and whup him for that BS, but he took the high road and simply shrugged his shoulders on it.

Robby does not know the rules, even under a caution your car must maintain a decent speed. Being stopped on the track is not decent enough speed. This same thing happened at Nashville a few years ago in a Busch race. The front 4 all wrecked coming off of Turn 2 and Mikey Waltrip drove right around everyone and was declared the winner since the front 4 all came to a stop and then had to get going again after 10 cars had already passed them.

NASCAR should not have restarted the race, they should have red flagged it and stopped Robby from being allowed back on track. If he still would not heed it, the race should have been declared over right there. He ruined one driver's great race and could have ruined all of the top 5 had they been caught up in Gordon spinning Ambrose out.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:10 AM
Board Icon

Even though NASCAR Really ticks me off at times with their stuff you can't just give them the one finger salute which is exactly what he did.
He's a spoiled little rich kid who thinks he can drive.
I hope they can his butt for the rest of the Year.
This is gonna be interesting and good and I can't wait for NASCAR's response.

I see your "Buddy" Pruett pulled the same thing as he did with Montoya-Cuts in front of a guy and causes a big pile up.
Hey-speaking of Montoya-Where was he?
Old 08-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Board Icon

Busch shop is closing it's doors at Ganassi. Next week at Watkins Glen will be that particular teams final race. Guess they feel that Montoya has learned all he can in the Busch Series as they are visiting most of the same tracks a 2nd time now.

NASCAR was right, Robby was wrong, I know the caution rules and I don't even race in NASCAR. Seems that he also tinks it's perfectly legal to cause a caution, whether wrecking someone on purpose(All-Star in 2002 I believe) or throwing trash out on the track to cause one(Atlanta last year.)
Old 08-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Board Icon

And it's unofficial Robby Gordon has been suspended from today's race in Pocono a NASCAR spokesman has been quoted.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
And it's unofficial Robby Gordon has been suspended from today's race in Pocono a NASCAR spokesman has been quoted.
Yeah-He was suspended from the race but his Car isn't and I think that's wrong-He benefits with his car in the Race
Old 08-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Board Icon

Only in owner points does it hurt and owner points are what counts. They are what NASCAR uses to lock-in the Top 35, not the driver's points.

NASCAR did the same with Harvick when he was benched at Martinsville in 2002. The #29 car had a fill-in driver and Harvick swears to this day that he has learnt his lesson from that. Robby won't, he thinks he is the best driver out there everyday and that he is above any rules.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Board Regular

I'm not even going to get started on this one, think both Robby and Nascar are totaly wrong on how the whole thing was/is being handled.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash935
I'm not even going to get started on this one, think both Robby and Nascar are totaly wrong on how the whole thing was/is being handled.
It totally blew me away but not really because it was Gordon.
There are drivers that I really don't care for but Gordon is the Smuggest-Most conceited driver there is and the thing is he has nothing to back that up with.

I HOPE NASCAR Nails him good-I think this is going to be much more than a One Race suspension. I HOPE!!

NASCAR parks R. Gordon for Cup race at Pocono
By Dave Rodman, NASCAR.COM
August 5, 2007
01:44 PM EDT

type size: + -LONG POND, Pa. -- NASCAR benched owner/driver Robby Gordon Sunday morning at Pocono Raceway, prohibiting him from competing in the Nextel Cup Series' Pennsylvania 500.

NASCAR took the action after Gordon flaunted several NASCAR rules and directives from officials in Saturday afternoon's Busch Series race at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal. (Video: Gordon, Pemberton react)

Gordon's No. 7 Ford, which he qualified in 30th position, will be driven in the race by P.J. Jones. Jones is a close friend of Gordon's and a multi-talented racer who practiced Gordon's car on Saturday while the owner was in Montreal.

Left speechless
The late-race problems at Montreal left both Robby Gordon and Marcos Ambrose without words after the race.

Complete story, click here
Jones will drop to the rear of the 43-car field at the start due to the driver change.

Gordon came into the weekend 27th in both the Nextel Cup driver and owner standings. The Montreal event was his fifth Busch Series start of the year in his Robby Gordon Motorsports cars.

"I want to start by expressing my regrets to the sponsors, fans, and all competitors for any part I played in the miscommunication, confusion and uncertainty surrounding the finish in this weekend's Busch race in Montreal," Gordon said in a statement posted on his Web site.

"It was not my purpose to disrespect the authority of NASCAR or the officials. I do respect their authority to run the race and make the calls, and I understand the significance of the black flag. I strongly disagree with the calls that affected me at the end of the race. Being spun under the yellow and not being allowed to resume my position prior to the spin put me in a position to react as I did. Nonetheless, I accept NASCAR's decision and I intend to move forward under the rules."

NASCAR last sat a Cup driver in April 2002 at Martinsville Speedway when Kevin Harvick was held out of the Cup race after he was involved in a flagrant rough driving incident in that Saturday's Craftsman Truck Series race, followed by a confrontation with NASCAR officials.

Jones last made a Nextel Cup start at Infineon Raceway in June, where he started 43rd in Michael Waltrip Racing's No. 00 Toyota and finished 12th, the car's best finish this season.

Jones has 23 career starts, with one top-five finish.

On Saturday, Ramsey Poston, NASCAR managing director, corporate communications, outlined the chain of events that led to Gordon's penalty.

"Once the caution came out on Lap 72 the field was frozen. Once the field is frozen, all cars must maintain cautious pace in order to be scored.

"At the time that the field was frozen, the 59 [Marcos Ambrose] was in the lead. [Robby Gordon] did not maintain cautious pace and by NASCAR rule, cars not maintaining cautious pace are scored only when they blend back into the continuous line. [Gordon], based on our scoring, was ordered to blend back in behind [Ron Fellows] in front of [Mike Wallace].

"The tower ordered [Gordon] multiple times to get into position. The directive was acknowledged by [Gordon's] crew chief and the crew chief also communicated the order to [Gordon]. The driver ignored NASCAR's directive.

"He was warned that he would be black-flagged if he did not comply. Once [Gordon] crossed the start/finish line he was posted per the NASCAR rule book and at that time the directive to display the black flag was given.

"After contact with [Ambrose] on Lap 73, NASCAR took emergency action per the rule book Section12-2, thus parking [Gordon], which was also ignored. The black flag with the white cross was displayed to [Gordon] when [he] crossed the start/finish line on Lap 74. [Gordon] finished the race in the 18th position."

After the event Gordon protested the calls vigorously and proclaimed he had won the race. He met with NASCAR president Mike Helton for more than an hour after the race.

A NASCAR spokesperson said further sanctions against Gordon would be considered at the sanctioning body's early-week competition meeting.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Board Icon

Ambrose is a real class act
Bad thing is that it was NASCAR's venture into Montreal for the first time with a great crowd-perfect weather and Gordon spoiled it for everybody.

Everybody in Montreal and anybody watching the race on TV KNEW Gordon was going to slam him.

There's GOT to be a major penalty in the Books about intentional ramming somebody