LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: I've got a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
Busch series is NASCAR-Now the question-Can NASCAR Ban the punk for the rest of the year? My guess is yes.
Nope.

Quote:
I hope they can his butt for the rest of the Year.
This is gonna be interesting and good and I can't wait for NASCAR's response
Nope.

Quote:
I HOPE NASCAR Nails him good-I think this is going to be much more than a One Race suspension. I HOPE!!
Nope.

Quote:
You're gonna be mighty surprised when NASCAR hands out his penalty-I predict they're going to rip him a new one-It's usually Wed. isn't it
Nope.

Quote:
My prediction, for what that's worth, is at the minimum a One Race suspension(Not including Pocono) and preferably the Rest of the Season , Plus a monstrous fine and mui mucho points
Nope.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR on Tuesday announced that Robby Gordon, driver and owner of the No. 55 Ford in the Busch Series, has been fined $35,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31, 2007 due to a rule violation during last Saturday's race at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal.

and just to add to this

Not only will Gordon be racing the No. 7 Ford, the team owner will field a second car — the No. 77 — for Busch Series regular Marcos Ambrose, who he fiercely battled in the closing laps of the NAPA Auto Parts 200 at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve on Saturday.
"Marcos did a helluva job," Gordon said. "He led a lot of laps on Saturday. It will be great to have him as my teammate

Old 08-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Board Icon

They also said that they are still reviewing his tantrum and may penalize him further. This probation does have a stipulation, if NASCAR deems that he is out of line again, over the smallest issue, they will suspend him indefinitely.

His Pocono suspension was for how he acted in the postrace meeting in Montreal. He was apparently being a real smartass/stubborn mule.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
They also said that they are still reviewing his tantrum and may penalize him further. This probation does have a stipulation, if NASCAR deems that he is out of line again, over the smallest issue, they will suspend him indefinitely.

His Pocono suspension was for how he acted in the postrace meeting in Montreal. He was apparently being a real smartass/stubborn mule.
you know in the heat of the battle,you think you blatantly get spun out under caution and get sent to the end/where ever they deem you to go with no punishment to the spinner I might just strongly disagree with them too.I think his actions were childess at best,but I don't leave Nascar blameless either

Old 08-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Ahhhh-Poor little Robbie the Victim
Old 08-08-2007, 02:08 AM
Board Regular
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
Trouble is look at the video replays at the time of the incednet he was running second THEN HE WAS SPUN OUT AFTER THE FIELD WAS FROZEN IN PLACE.
Robbie passes Ambros after the caution came and the field was frozen, then Ambrose spun him, which Nascar said was incidental, because Robby shouldn't had been there. Then, when Robby was sitting , he failed to maintain pace car speed. Looks pretty cut and dry to me.