User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Oh sweet jesus, NASCAR is investigating the reports of Letarte, Knaus and Eury Jr. being at the track Sunday and that if true, they will address that issue. Hello Little France, the suspension was for the garage on race weekend, if they meet at the hotel, that ain't breaking the suspension. If they buy a ticket and sit in the stands, that ain't breaking the suspension. NASCAR only owns the garge at each track for the race weekend. They do not own the entire track, as was discussed on INC. Would be impossible to keep the teams and suspended chiefs from communicating some how.

BTW, are they going to suspend Doug Richert(Vickers car), Bootie Barker(Johnny Sauter's car) and Alan Gustafson(Kyle Busch's car) 6 weeks for all being too low in roof height?? Vickers was obvious that it was done intentionally, his was found AFTER qualifying and was low by a total of 3/8 inch. NASCAR gives you a 1/4 inch tolerance for being too low, he was an 1/8 past that. Appears they had something set so that it would fall off once the car hit the track and make the car sit lower. The other 2 were after the race and appeared on TV to be lower than Vickers car.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

They said on Sirius that Eury Jr. was so close to the track he could have thrown a rock and hit Jr.

This thing about a bumper being 1/8" off kinda raises my eyebrows. A problem with a bad shock would do that.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Board Icon

Junior actually spotted him during one of the early cautions and let the crew know it. I can't believe NASCAR is pretending that this never happened before. Did they really think that these guys would sit at home and do nothing?? They have creative minds, they have found ways around the rules and they are finding ways around the suspensions. I think it was Scharder who had an interesting idea for these suspended guys, make them sit in the Oval Office during the race weekend and they have to check any and all electronic devices at the door. Basically, they would need a shadow all weekend to make sure they don't go talk to the crew. Still it's an idea that could somewhat work, especially on raceday when it counts.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Board Regular

How many times is Knaus going to be caught until they finally bury him for a good while? Foe Chrissakes, it seems like he gets caught at least twice a year, if not more.... :roll:
Old 07-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Board Icon

Seems that Helton isn't quite done with Eury yet.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Board Icon

And that is total BS yoop. NASCAR needs a reality check from the fans. They are looking to put Eury Jr on suspension again for doing something that was not against their rules. Time for the fans AND the teams to boycott a few races. When I say teams, that means all teams. Pull an F1 boycott like they pulled at Indy. Too friggin PC.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Board Icon

You're right about it being BS even though I'm not a Jr. Fan.
Last I heard NASCAR's popularity has slipped(Which I said quite awhile ago on here that it would). Plus TNT coverage has GREATLY hurt the popularity. What they've been doing is unbelievablel with their coverage.