LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006, 03:23 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: The Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanke_driver

Bristol is on the top of my list right now, but i've heard quite a few times that it's next to impossible to get tickets. I'd have to pay through the nose for them, I think i'd have to use a ticket broker, but frankly, the cost of the ticket wouldn't bother me that much...It would be well worth it!
they are hard to get, but well worth it!
Old 09-18-2006, 04:08 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: The Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillerman
I think that Kevin Harvick is the one to beat, He's hot & RCR has had very few engine problems this year... Staying out front & out of trouble is the key in winning.. I think Jr. has an outside chance but is dependant upon Tony Jr. getting the setup week to week right. Got tickets to Texas Motor Speedway for the weekend of Nov 2-5. 8th race in the chase. Went in April this year when Casey Kayne won. I have to admit that was quite an experience. Football tailgateing is nothing compred to the Nascar races 4-5 day events...What a party!!!
Used to run by TMS pretty often when I had to go down to Laredo
Old 09-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Board Icon

Richmond is a joke anymore. Bunch of high class snobs there who know nothing about racing. Martinsville is fun as heck, the fans all respect one another and who their driver is. I have tix to the Chase race and love it, also very easy to get out after the race. Takes me about 3 hours to get home from the track. My wife and I walk out about 15 minutes after the checkered flag, get in the car and are out of the parking lot and on the road in about 20 minutes. We are also parking about 200 feet from the track. Richmond requires you to park a mile or more from the track and trying to get out after a race is a total clusterfick.

You can get tix to the Spring race, but forget the Night race in the Summer unless you already know someone who has tix.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Board Icon

I'd really like to go to Richmond or Bristol some day
I know a guy who went to Bristol duriing their "Snow storm". I guess trying to get Tix for Bristol is llike trying to get tix for Packer games
Old 09-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Board Regular

I've been to Loudon, Pocono, and Daytona myself.

Is there a wait list for Bristol or Nashville M.S. tix?
Old 09-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Board Icon

Bristol is next to impossible unless you buy them off Ebay and then you have to be careful they ain't fakes. Tix on Ebay can go for a low low price of only $400 a piece and those are the down low, see nothing seats. It is worse than getting tix to see the Packers. The waiting list is about 15 years long but something might open up next year, Bruton Smith is supposedly going to add another 5,000 seats.

Busch races at Nashville are easy to get tix too, Cup does not run there. Any Busch race is easy to get tix to, usually you just walk up the day of the event and get them, they are always general admission seating which means you can sit anywhere.

I have been to Dover, won't go back since there is only one way in and one way out and they have added about 20,000 seats since I last went back in like 1991. Same with Richmond, impossible to get out of now from when I used to go back in the early 90's and they are still adding seats.

Got plans to eventually get to Atlanta since they are fixing the traffic problem, Lowes(Charlotte to all us old school followers) for the 600 and All-Star, Bristol's night race, the Daytona 500 and Darlington before they shut the old Lady in Black down.

Yoop, I might be able to get you a couple of tix to Richmond next year but be prepared to walk to Timbuktu and back. My uncle gets like 4 every year for both races. Dunno know if he is going to renew after the race 2 weeks ago. They had a fight that led to a shooting right beside the drivers motorcoach lot area as fans were leaving the stands.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Board Icon

For my First race I want to go to a short track like Bristol or Martinsville where there is actually more skill involved to win. Wish there were more Short track NASCAR races.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Board Icon

Martinsville is VERY fan-friendly. My wife didn't want to go last year after we had been to Richmond. I promised her it was way better, she went and plans to keep going as long as I keep our seats. 37 Rows up, about 100 feet from the Start/Finish line. We literally could reach out and touch the cars, high enough to see everything, even the apron on the backstretch but still low enough to hear the sheet metal grinding. Beware, WEAR EAR PROTECTION at Bristol and/or Martinsville, you will go deaf a quarter of the way into the race.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Board Regular

Harvick is going to win it.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:46 AM

Listen for all you fans/drivers. I can assure you that driving @ a superspeedway with restrictor plates and 42 other cars within 200' (parking lot travelling @ 190mph) I takes just as much if not more to handle a car in those conditions as it does to rub with most @ Martinsville. I think that if you can get into any race then you have made out. Some tracks are better than others but the end result is great "racin" and fantastic people. I have to say that, going to the races is much nore fun that any other sport just for the fun factor leading up to the race. You can usually get 2-3 races each weekend what a deal..I'll agree with FOrd95 an encourage anyone attending one of these wear real good hearing protection!!!