User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
It's what the company told me, as well. That phrase makes it sound as if I wasn't safe and that I was or will be a danger on the road, which is blatantly false!!!
So please tell us how another company us supposed to know this with one carrier which has already released you due to three incidents causing damage?
Old 09-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchemmaster View Post
So, what you're saying is: "A DAC Report can ONLY be filled in with 'Unsatisfactory Safety Record', if there are acc/inc". Considering, you're implying that there's nothing else that can be entered into the area or leave it blank. I find that hard to believe. I'm more apt to believe the company that was going to hire me, had it not been for the blackballing that Swift is doing.

It's what the company told me, as well. That phrase makes it sound as if I wasn't safe and that I was or will be a danger on the road, which is blatantly false!!! So, I don't have to justify nothing. I'm stating the obvious.
I'll try to explain it once more. DAC is a point and click entry system. You can't leave anything blank if an entry was made.(in your case accident/incident) If you were terminated for accidents there is no way to click satisfactorty work record. Do you really think that someone should be able to say that you did a great job except you kept hitting things? With all the legal actions against DAC/USIS/HireRight the methology has never been ruled against,only the validity of the entry.(and you are not disputing that it happened)

If the company that you applied to subscibes to HireRight then they know how an entry is made. And they know it can't be anything other than what is there. Most likely they are trying to be nice in turning you down. And if your "not my fault" attitude was displayed i agree fully with them. They could have said that they feel that you're not trainable. Would that make you feel any better?

Again you're not being "blackballed"they are just reporting what you have done.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Senior Board Member

That's the problem with today's society - someone else is to blame. It's never your own fault.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Rookie

It really doesn't matter what your negative opinions are. Swift Transportation still failed to live up to their promises and guarantees. They had an obligation to ensure that I was adequately trained. They also had an obligation to see that their trainers were doing the job they were getting paid to do. Swift guaranteed 200+ hours of TRAINING, not 1/2 training and 1/2 team driving, not to mention allowing a trainer to sit for two weeks without taking any loads, whatsoever. The 3+ weeks of sitting around and failing to do any form of training, at all, is blatant disregard for ensuring that I am given the same treatment as other students are to be given. I lost 3+ weeks of what was crucial and beneficial training time because of their stupidity and incompetance. That was NOT by my doing. And, don't you even try to blame their idiocy on me. The trainers, by Swift's Code of Conduct, was not even supposed to be out of the truck when I was doing anything work related. Their trainers were supposed to be following a set of Rules set up by the Company, which neither of them followed.

Therefore, no matter what you say, Swift Transportation is still at responsible for inadequate training and providing misleading information and having it put on my DAC Report. It's just that simple.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
It really doesn't matter what your negative opinions are. Swift Transportation still failed to live up to their promises and guarantees. They had an obligation to ensure that I was adequately trained. They also had an obligation to see that their trainers were doing the job they were getting paid to do. Swift guaranteed 200+ hours of TRAINING, not 1/2 training and 1/2 team driving, not to mention allowing a trainer to sit for two weeks without taking any loads, whatsoever. The 3+ weeks of sitting around and failing to do any form of training, at all, is blatant disregard for ensuring that I am given the same treatment as other students are to be given. I lost 3+ weeks of what was crucial and beneficial training time because of their stupidity and incompetance. That was NOT by my doing. And, don't you even try to blame their idiocy on me. The trainers, by Swift's Code of Conduct, was not even supposed to be out of the truck when I was doing anything work related. Their trainers were supposed to be following a set of Rules set up by the Company, which neither of them followed.

Therefore, no matter what you say, Swift Transportation is still at responsible for inadequate training and providing misleading information and having it put on my DAC Report. It's just that simple.
You list of excuses keeps growing..

scape·goat (skpgt)
n.
1. One that is made to bear the blame of others.
2. Bible A live goat over whose head Aaron confessed all the sins of the children of Israel on the Day of Atonement. The goat, symbolically bearing their sins, was then sent into the wilderness.
tr.v. scape·goat·ed, scape·goat·ing, scape·goats
To make a scapegoat of.
[scape + goat (translation of Hebrew 'z 'zl, goat that escapes, misreading of 'z'zl, Azazel).]
Old 09-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Then you shouldn't have to worry about working anymore after you get that big settlement. Come back and tell us all about it after it's over. At least they got rid of you before you caused some bodily harm to someone. Oh,wait. That would be someone else's fault also.

I forgot,you already spoke to an attorney. Must be why you're on here complaining.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:15 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1 View Post
Then you shouldn't have to worry about working anymore after you get that big settlement. Come back and tell us all about it after it's over. At least they got rid of you before you caused some bodily harm to someone. Oh,wait. That would be someone else's fault also.

I forgot,you already spoke to an attorney. Must be why you're on here complaining.
Just to make sure there's no other person, whom is looking to get hired, is stupid enough to actually think that Swift Transportation will provide the "training" that they claim they will. Good enough for you?
Old 10-01-2012, 02:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Maybe the training fell on deaf ears? Maybe you're one of the handful of people who simply cannot be trained, maybe you entered the industry with far too many stars in your eyes and just like far too many who do think this is a career field for morons and idiots and anyone can do it. Whatever the reason is, you personally failed in the process and were washed out. Seeya..
Old 10-01-2012, 06:45 AM
Rookie

You don't really think it was going be that simple, did ya? It's not a major problem if I don't get a trucking job, now. All I have to do is wait 1 year and 10 months. Once that amount of time passes, I'll be back on the road with the person that was currently going to train me. The deal is: "I just have to wait until three (3) years pass, from the time Swift fired and decided to Blackball me, and I'll get hired by the company that was going to hire me, but can't, at this point in time. So, I'll be back out on the road, just as planned. It's been guaranteed to happen.

I just figure, the sooner the better, that I get back out on the road and learn from a seventeen (17) year veteran driver. So, I can sit around and wait for the time to pass. I really did use this site to warn possible new drivers to not to go to Swift Transportation, because they don't stand by their promises. I've also written on RipOffReport.com. And, I'm getting my list of other sites to write on, to make sure they understand the low, under-handed tricks that Swift does to it's newer drivers. For example, provide them with inadequate and incompetant trainers. I can evern provide them with emails sent to my Student Driver Manager, which shows more than what has been written here. And, the promises that my Student Driver Manager, Tom Feaker, made, but failed to deliver on. See, I've got everything all worked out.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
You don't really think it was going be that simple, did ya? It's not a major problem if I don't get a trucking job, now. All I have to do is wait 1 year and 10 months. Once that amount of time passes, I'll be back on the road with the person that was currently going to train me. The deal is: "I just have to wait until three (3) years pass, from the time Swift fired and decided to Blackball me, and I'll get hired by the company that was going to hire me, but can't, at this point in time. So, I'll be back out on the road, just as planned. It's been guaranteed to happen.

I just figure, the sooner the better, that I get back out on the road and learn from a seventeen (17) year veteran driver. So, I can sit around and wait for the time to pass. I really did use this site to warn possible new drivers to not to go to Swift Transportation, because they don't stand by their promises. I've also written on RipOffReport.com. And, I'm getting my list of other sites to write on, to make sure they understand the low, under-handed tricks that Swift does to it's newer drivers. For example, provide them with inadequate and incompetant trainers. I can evern provide them with emails sent to my Student Driver Manager, which shows more than what has been written here. And, the promises that my Student Driver Manager, Tom Feaker, made, but failed to deliver on. See, I've got everything all worked out.
Yeah? So a company is going to snap you right up after sitting with no training for well over a year? Guess what..... An experienced driver (even this supposed 17 year veteran you have in your stable) has trouble getting hired after a year off and hes not some wet nosed reject.. Good luck.. Everyone here understands the issue but you. That's pretty common with people who think they know everything and can prove nothing. I'd be really careful tossing people names out on social media like you're doing. That's not very bright. So you failed at trucking.. get on with your life and get off the cross.. we could use the wood.

Tags
dac, swift transportation, trucking companies