User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchemmaster View Post
I filed a complaint with the FTC. Now, we'll see if there's anything done.

But, I'm still saying, "Companies should be held responsible for the incomepance and inadequate trainers. And, the fault shouldn't be put on just the student, by blackballing them through their DAC Report."
I am sorry, but you just sound disgruntled. After 1 3/4 years you are no longer a student.

Secondly no one forces your hand at any company after being with a trainer to accept that you are fully trained except yourself. You step up to the plate with your bigboy pants on, take responsibility for yourself, and say "I am not confident in my abilities yet and I need continued training! They will give it everytime without fail!

As the Compliance Officer for a major moving company I can deffinitely say that in 27 years of being in the trucking industry, a long time member of the American Truckinig Association, AMSA, and the National Safety Council, I have not witnessed or even heard of a single trucking company that would refuse a student additional training if they stated they were nor confident in their abilities. At no point do they force you on the road!

Companies have concerns like; you killing someone, CSA scores, Insurance Claims, Loss of equipment and cargo, and a multitude of other things that they would be just throwing away by sending you out unprepared. You are not seriously going to tell me they don't consider these things while training students are you? If you disagree with this please show some PROOF in writing or some policy and procedures from the company and NOT just your opinion that states you will not recieve additional training if you request it...

I also question how much training material, extra classes, forums and blogs you utilized on your own to improve your knowledge and skills? How many times did you request to attend company safety training classes? How many safety group are you a member of? How many hours a week do you seek out remedial training? Have you ever paid for your own training outside of the company to gain a better understanding? Or are you one of those people that just sit back and expect everything to be handed to you?

You cannot just lay everything at the foot of the teacher/instructor when you fail. An instructor only covers the basics of vehicle control and FMCSA regulation and is not capable of relaying years of life experience to every student. As an instructor, which I have been for years now, I train the basics and then it is up to YOU to expound upon that training. This is a proffesion YOU have chosen. Every instructor hopes that the student goes out and learns more and becomes greater than himself or herself.

If all you did was do only what the instructor told you and nothing more, then you are not growing as a commercial vehicle operator (or whatever proffesion you choose for that matter)

As a student it appears that YOU became stagnent and have not used all the ample opportunities available to you to GROW.

Cary Davis
Compliance Officer
Albert Moving & Storage
[email protected]
Old 03-16-2013, 12:42 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
The Rev was a more formidable opponent! I miss him.
BTW...........whilest I was cavorting in AK the REV seems to have disappeared!

Any of you fine gents/gals have a moment to catch me up?

Old 09-19-2013, 07:39 PM
Rookie

I have seen a lot of experienced drivers scuff trailers, they just don't report it. I think you should fight this this with a labor attorney somehow. Been years since i trained, but had a good trainer and one poor trainer. One was a trainer that did as the company wanted, make us a cheap team. To many company's looking for a cheap team and not quality training. If I were to train, no way would I sleep when you drove. Also you wouldn't do tight maneuvers without me outside watching and you moving real slow. If you refused to go slow or listen, I would have you removed from my truck. My good trainer never left the passenger seat while I drove. And if you bumped a trailer while I was standing outside the truck I would have not called in on you. I wouldn't have wanted to say I stood there and watched it happen. I would have looked worse than you. Swift, socks and puts in inexperienced people as trainers. They deserve scuffs and damage.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Board Regular

I wouldnt hire this guy.. ever. And not because of the incidents. Heck i had one VERY similar to the flying j one where a driver parked in the curve years ago. Thought i was fine went around carefully watching all my mirror.. 3" from the truck in the curve on the left. Suddenly the right mirror goes black (im doing 3mph) i hit the breaks but too late.. Scraape. Scraped up another truck on my right.. that happened to be dark grey. The cop said it was because the guy in the curb shouldnt have been parked like that. Guess whos fault it was.. MINE. The guy parked in the curb wasnt driving my truck.. I was.

His other incidents sound very minor and probably shouldnt have even been reported especially the trailer (if you say youve NEVER scraped trailers youre a liar or a newbie). BUT... he's having... 1 a month? And it is NEVER his fault even when he is the only driver in the truck? Daddy trainer is at fault cause baby noob messed up? I had a trainee drop a trialer after i Repeatedly told him to check it was locked in. He didnt cry. I didnt scream (ok i laughed.. a lot). We fixed that ****. We didnt report jack. He turned out to be a damn good driver id hire in a SECOND. That same trainee once took 30 minutes to get a trailer in a dock.... one of those bad days. Kept getting more stressed.. he apologised. I told him that was one of the smartest things id ever seen. Instead of trying to cowboy it like idiots do... when he didnt think he could do it he pulled out and tried again. I had a couple trainees like that. Had one like the OP .. everything was someone elses fault.

OP This is trucking .Daddy isnt here to take care of you. It is not someone elses fault. You f*cked up repeatedly. These companies are afraid youre going to kill somebody. IF youd gone to them and said "i have 3 preventables.. i screwed up heres what happened".. and when asked about that parking lot one said "I shouldnt have tried that" im thinking theyd have forwarded it to their safety director and maybe got you hired. When they saw "somebody elses fault" your app went in the trash.

You are a grown ass man. Start acting like it. But no.. you dont have what it takes to be a trucker

Tags
dac, swift transportation, trucking companies