User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Log book violation showing up on M.V.R. ?

Just wanted to see what you guys think. Not worried out about it, just wondering if this is normal. Went through a toll booth in August in New Stanton Pa., I believe, to get off the green stamp and onto I-70. There was a Pa. state trooper standing at the toll booth and as I traveled thru he told me to pull to the side of the road. He was whining because I was not wearing my seatbelt then asked to see my logbook. I had spent the night at a hotel in Breezewood and did not have anything on my logbook after my off-duty time. He wrote me a citation for unlawful activities. So, I just paid the ticket by mail and went on with my life. Went to the D.M.V. at the end of last year to get a copy of my M.V.R. ,because a potential employer wanted to see, and the logbook violation was listed on there as operating with omitted eqipment. Is that unsual?

Arguing on the C.B. is kinda like running in the Special Olympics, 'cause even if you win your still retarted.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Board Regular

Every log book violation shows up in you're record and company's,as far as i know. In AZ they are pretty big about it,and can result in misdemeanor charges for Az driver residents.Pretty messed up!!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit Lips View Post
Just wanted to see what you guys think. Not worried out about it, just wondering if this is normal. Went through a toll booth in August in New Stanton Pa., I believe, to get off the green stamp and onto I-70. There was a Pa. state trooper standing at the toll booth and as I traveled thru he told me to pull to the side of the road. He was whining because I was not wearing my seatbelt then asked to see my logbook. I had spent the night at a hotel in Breezewood and did not have anything on my logbook after my off-duty time. He wrote me a citation for unlawful activities. So, I just paid the ticket by mail and went on with my life. Went to the D.M.V. at the end of last year to get a copy of my M.V.R. ,because a potential employer wanted to see, and the logbook violation was listed on there as operating with omitted eqipment. Is that unsual?
If he gave you an "omitted equipment" ticket, that probably referred to the seatbelt.

If you stay in a motel, whether the company or you pays for it....make sure that you get a receipt for it, or for that matter...two of them. Keep one copy in your log book for at least 8 days.

When you stay in a motel it is proper to log "Off Duty", as you are not in the sleeper berth. Technically there is no violation for logging 10 hours off duty straight, as it meets the 10 hour break rule, HOWEVER, in the event of an accident followed by litigation, you'd best have a motel receipt to prove you "slept" somewhere...other wise it will look like you were not resting at all.

I have had my log checked, and I have produced the motel receipt and nothing was said after that.

Seat belt on when in the seat....

Me thinks you should have questioned what the ticket was for.....and if it was questionable, you should have questioned it, or fought it. But its their now, and if anyone asks, simply say.....the revenue ranger caught me with my seat belt loose after I pulled out of PA TPK toll booth. That should cover it.

Oh, by the way....I am paranoid enough that I keep my motel receipts with my logs for 7 years....both for personal and IRS reasons......

AND....I do believe that a "seatbelt ticket" is a moving violation, so it would be on the MVR.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Last edited by Skywalker; 01-09-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
AND....I do believe that a "seatbelt ticket" is a moving violation, so it would be on the MVR.
Depends on the state the driver's license is issued in.

I have never heard of a log book ticket showing up on an MVR, but I have heard of a few states that have made failure to wear seat belts moving violations.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:28 AM
Board Regular

First of all, on the ticket in the remarks section it said for no log book entries after the time I logged off-duty, had nothing to do with a seatbelt infraction. Which is true and I am not disputing the fact that my logbook was not current. On the ticket there was no box to check for "log book" so the officer checked a box marked "unlawful activities". I have recieved numerous logbook tickets in the past and have even been placed out of service for not having any entries for 5 days, but none of those showed up on my M.V.R. The state I reside in classified this citation as as operating without proper equipment, which does show up. Was just wondering if anyone else had a similiar circumstance? Really has nothing to do with seatbelts or hotel reciepts.

Arguing on the C.B. is kinda like running in the Special Olympics, 'cause even if you win your still retarted.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:14 AM
Board Icon

A logbook violation is not a moving violation. You received a ticket for a seatbelt violation, contrary to what you want to believe.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:00 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
A logbook violation is not a moving violation. You received a ticket for a seatbelt violation, contrary to what you want to believe.

I never once said it was a moving violation, and no points were assessed. Just stated that is was on my MVR. Not really looking to dispute the facts with you, I already made it
clearly evident that it had nothing to do with a seatbelt. Somehow a LOG BOOK ticket from Pa. when it was transferred to my state of residence was noted as operating with omitted equipment on my MVR.

Last edited by Biscuit Lips; 01-10-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Board Icon

A logbook that is not up to date is not "omitted equipment". A logbook is not "equipment". Running with a logbook not up to date is not "unlawful activities". If you got a logbook violation for not being current, it would say "log not current".

What is the statute that it says you violated?

Better yet, why don't you call the state and find out what this is for?
Old 01-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
A logbook that is not up to date is not "omitted equipment". A logbook is not "equipment". Running with a logbook not up to date is not "unlawful activities". If you got a logbook violation for not being current, it would say "log not current".

What is the statute that it says you violated?

Better yet, why don't you call the state and find out what this is for?

In the remarks section of the paper citation that I received it stated log book not current last entry 9:00 P.M. Which is when I quit driving and checked into my hotel room. I tried calling myself, but they had me on hold for like 45 minutes. When I find the ticket, I will scan it and post it here.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit Lips View Post
In the remarks section of the paper citation that I received it stated log book not current last entry 9:00 P.M. Which is when I quit driving and checked into my hotel room. I tried calling myself, but they had me on hold for like 45 minutes. When I find the ticket, I will scan it and post it here.
PA has a way of writing up citations so that they do not take points off for you. I've seen a guy that got a ticket for doing 18 over the limit. The ticket said "FAILURE TO OBEY TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICES". Which means the officer changed it from a moving violation to a non-moving violation. The fine was the same as if it were for speeding, but no points assessed. It also takes it down from a serious violation. I've also heard of other guys getting stopped for speeding, and the fine was for speeding, but the citation said "LOG BOOK". Saves points and saves your license. The seatbelt would have been a moving violation.

As far as appearing on your MVR, I can't say anything about that. Not something I ever got into.