User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
I was going to ask if you were REALLY this childish, Bel.... but your avatar answers that question.

I MAY need an extension, BTW. The Rev is furiously working on your behalf, but it seems I am not allowed to edit any post more than a few days old.

Don't you hate it when that happens? :lol2:
Why would you need to edit a post to make a statement?
Old 11-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
Why would you need to edit a post to make a statement?
Perhaps, because I can't copy and paste from it. :lol:

I like to keep my options open.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Board Icon

In other words, you're going to post one of those long, drawn out excuses, rather than just admit you were wrong?

Methinks Belpre will not be happy....
Old 11-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
In other words, you're going to post one of those long, drawn out excuses, rather than just admit you were wrong?

Methinks Belpre will not be happy....
Belpre will NEVER be happy! [And you misread me if you think I really care.]

I haven't decided yet exactly, Rev. I intend to admit WHERE I was wrong, but not everything I posted about the subject WAS wrong.

You may not agree with that, but then you have never agreed that .04 in a POV won't get you a DUI. ..... and I don't see Bel ragging YOUR azz about it! (perhaps, being wrong doesn't count as long as it ERRS on the prudish side.)

I will TRY to keep it shorter than usual, but I wouldn't bet your truck on it. If Bel is not satisfied with what I say, then he can repost his siglines, and will have succeeded in something YOU have never accomplished.

If Bel's intent (which I share) is to not have a post on here that would give incorrect or possibly damaging advice to a new driver who may read "IT" and not some "other" post, then NOT having the ability to "edit" that post is a hindrance.

Heck... without the "edit" function available, I could not even DELETE the whole thing if I wanted to... which I don't. And with (what appears to be only) MY incapacity to copy and paste from it, my task is more difficult. [Don't worry, I can still "quote" the post, then copy it to notepad, and paste what I want from it into a NEW post.) Like I said, I like to have options.

Last edited by golfhobo; 11-29-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Board Icon

I like the idea of it staying. It not only shows how you changed your mind about it, but that you actually did.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
I like the idea of it staying. It not only shows how you changed your mind about it, but that you actually did.
I can appreciate that, Rev. Which is why I wanted to "edit" it to highlight in RED the parts that I wanted to modify. I had no intention of deleting parts of it and claiming I never said them. (and I could have shortened it by deleting irrelevant paragraphs.)

If you read the whole thread, you will find points where I "allowed" for things I was not sure of, or might be open to altering my stance on. When I, and the discussion, got to the point that I wanted to DO that, YOU begged me NOT to, with an added insult. So, I left it. I see now that that was a mistake. Yet, YOU are on Bel's bandwagon to harrass me over it. Your duplicity in the matter reflects your character.

I said alooooong time ago, that I am capable of changing my mind if given facts and/or opinions that warrant it. And unlike you, I am capable of admitting when I am wrong. When you grow up, you might yet become such a man.... but, if I ever buy a truck, I won't bet it on that possibility.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
I can appreciate that, Rev. Which is why I wanted to "edit" it to highlight in RED the parts that I wanted to modify. I had no intention of deleting parts of it and claiming I never said them. (and I could have shortened it by deleting irrelevant paragraphs.)
That would only serve to rewrite history, and would ruin the discussion.

Quote:
If you read the whole thread, you will find points where I "allowed" for things I was not sure of, or might be open to altering my stance on. When I, and the discussion, got to the point that I wanted to DO that, YOU begged me NOT to, with an added insult. So, I left it. I see now that that was a mistake. Yet, YOU are on Bel's bandwagon to harrass me over it. Your duplicity in the matter reflects your character.
I'm not aware of where I've been "harassing" you over anything. I would also say it is a stretch to claim that Belpre has been "harassing" you also. At best, he's "ribbing" you. The fact that you claim to have "allowed for things you weren't sure of" means that the need for editing is even less.

Quote:
I said alooooong time ago, that I am capable of changing my mind if given facts and/or opinions that warrant it. And unlike you, I am capable of admitting when I am wrong.
I'm never wrong, so it is a non-issue for me.:lol:
Old 11-30-2008, 12:07 AM
Board Icon

Rev.Vassago said:

Quote:
That would only serve to rewrite history, and would ruin the discussion.
I don't see how, under the terms I have stated of leaving the original intact. But, whatever. I have no problem copying large amounts of text and then commenting on them. (even though I will have to circumvent the obvious deficiencies of this board software.) That is why I told Bel I would need more time.

Quote:
I'm not aware of where I've been "harassing" you over anything.
You never ARE. And without the ability to copy and paste freely, it is not worth my effort to prove what MOST on here know is true.

Quote:
I would also say it is a stretch to claim that Belpre has been "harassing" you also. At best, he's "ribbing" you.
Yet you cried over my sigline, (and one that ironeagle must have made at some point,) and claimed it showed an "obsession." "Ribbing" someone, within the thread concerned, is one thing. Following someone all over the board, with sometimes NO purpose OTHER than to say to some other poster, "Hey, did you notice my SIGLINE?" is at LEAST obsession, if not "harrassment." The fact that you don't recognize that, bodes ill for your qualifications as a Mod. But, based on some of the comments I've received, that would not be a surprise. It almost pains me that I defended your "selection."

Quote:
The fact that you claim to have "allowed for things you weren't sure of" means that the need for editing is even less.
And, therefore, any need for retraction.

Quote:
I'm never wrong, so it is a non-issue for me.:lol:
You are OFTEN wrong, and I've proved that. But, like I said.... one can be wrong as often as they like, and mislead noobies all day long, as long as they don't cross the line of prudishness that some of you hold so sacred.

It would not surprise me to learn that you, and several others here, are card-carrying members of Pulbic Citizen, PATT, CRASH or some of the other organizations that want to impose their morality and viewpoints on the Trucking Industry. The fact that this is the number one trucker board SHOULD cause one to think that they would have infiltrated us by now.

I know that is Orwellian in nature, but.... the thought has not escaped me. And I found it amusing, so I added it to this post. :lol:

Old 11-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Yet you cried over my sigline,
Hardly.

Quote:
The fact that you don't recognize that, bodes ill for your qualifications as a Mod. But, based on some of the comments I've received, that would not be a surprise. It almost pains me that I defended your "selection."
Don't even go there.

Quote:
Quote:
The fact that you claim to have "allowed for things you weren't sure of" means that the need for editing is even less.
Then perhaps you should retract your agreement to make one. Just sayin'.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Rev.Vassago said:

I don't see how, under the terms I have stated of leaving the original intact. But, whatever. I have no problem copying large amounts of text and then commenting on them. (even though I will have to circumvent the obvious deficiencies of this board software.) That is why I told Bel I would need more time.

You never ARE. And without the ability to copy and paste freely, it is not worth my effort to prove what MOST on here know is true.

Yet you cried over my sigline, (and one that ironeagle must have made at some point,) and claimed it showed an "obsession." "Ribbing" someone, within the thread concerned, is one thing. Following someone all over the board, with sometimes NO purpose OTHER than to say to some other poster, "Hey, did you notice my SIGLINE?" is at LEAST obsession, if not "harrassment." The fact that you don't recognize that, bodes ill for your qualifications as a Mod. But, based on some of the comments I've received, that would not be a surprise. It almost pains me that I defended your "selection."

You are OFTEN wrong, and I've proved that. But, like I said.... one can be wrong as often as they like, and mislead noobies all day long, as long as they don't cross the line of prudishness that some of you hold so sacred.

It would not surprise me to learn that you, and several others here, are card-carrying members of Pulbic Citizen, PATT, CRASH or some of the other organizations that want to impose their morality and viewpoints on the Trucking Industry. The fact that this is the number one trucker board SHOULD cause one to think that they would have infiltrated us by now.

I know that is Orwellian in nature, but.... the thought has not escaped me. And I found it amusing, so I added it to this post. :lol:
I know how you feel hobo. Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbsup::bow: