Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's

I got Discharged but am eligeable for Re-hire I got myself discharged by constantly butting heads with my 25 yr old dispatcher who thought he was driving the truck from his key board in Omaha :wink: But he was just a punk 25 year old who lacked the skills to manage people
I really doubt the dispatcher was a punk.... most likely it was you. :lol:

Well I am a punk ...but a responsible one ... :wink:

Before the family feud started between dispatcher and myself I took a leave of abscence to look for better paying work ...when I called him from my house which is 1hr from the denver terminal I told him I was taking a leave , and asked if I could wait 2 days to empty the truck so I could do it one trip ...he said sure no problem ...well i get along with the staff the Denver terminal very well , so I was privilaged to seeing a few things ...such as his opening of my truck for issue the same day following our phone conversation which lead to all my things being removed from the truck and put into storage and I went to canada often so I kept my Raised letter birth cert in my truick filed away ...which got lost in shuffe of emptying when being re-issued after my dispatcher opened the truck .

He called me during my leave asking me if I had found the "magic" 40-50k dollar a year job ...with tone of ridicule towards me thinking I could do better than 30k .

sat me for 7 days waiting for a load after I said I no longer was training .

Gave the go ahead to remove me from the truck I was driving to issue it to another account because I did not want to buy it .

even after I quit as a trainer he would not remove me from trainer status ...this means I was taking a .02 CPM deduction by staying listed as a trainer...his reasonn stated was if you want to train again you will have to do another re cert course ...I couldn't have made it more clear I was never training again and if I did inqyuire about to have me drug tested immediately... He corrected the issue...then 2 pay checks later I was showing the trainer pay again ...and when I called him he once again stated he kept listed as a trainer for the same reason as before ...

There is more than this but this was stuff that actually sparked the feud that got me in trouble by way of running my mouth ...or should I say qualcomm key pad .... :wink:
I do respect the honest response.... 8)
Old 08-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Rookie

This scares me to no end.
Back in 2003 i was job hunting and one of the companies was Heartland.
The job never worked out and i got another one.
This year i was job hunting and called them again about a regional job and the recruter said they had a file on me already. Cool, i thought.
No, not cool. They put on the notes i has a Careless in 2003 resulting in an accident.
Yes, i had an accident but the other guy got the ticket. I was in my personal vehicle and he crossed the center lane. I even sued and won.
Got my classic Mustang convertable fixed back up, had knee sergery from a torn ACL, and walked away with $20,000 from insurance the other guy had.
I can understand they want a record of my sergury but i never had a careless driving ticket.
Try explaning that.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:07 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Felix, if we turned you down for a careless in '03 resulting in an accident, it would be because it was showing up on your MVR. If you want to give me a call, I can look it up (it would still be in our system) and tell you exactly what is showing up on it. This is Mike at Heartland Express. 800-441-4953.

As far as the surgery goes, yes, we require doctor's releases on surgeries, no matter how far back it is.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:03 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Felix, if we turned you down for a careless in '03 resulting in an accident, it would be because it was showing up on your MVR. If you want to give me a call, I can look it up (it would still be in our system) and tell you exactly what is showing up on it. This is Mike at Heartland Express. 800-441-4953.

As far as the surgery goes, yes, we require doctor's releases on surgeries, no matter how far back it is.
I always wanted to know this, why does it matter if it was 5 years ago and how long do you guys go back? ( by you i mean big companies )

thanx
Old 08-15-2008, 04:33 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

If you're talking about careless/reckless, it's all part of ensuring a company hires a safe driver.

Put it this way:

If a company hires a driver with no issues with his MVR, no failed drug test, no baggage from his career, he's not going to be a liability if he's in an accident. Any charges or a lawsuit from an accident would be based on the facts of the case, nothing more.

However, if a company hires a guy with a recent careless, a DUI, a drug charge, or whatever, that aspect will become the sole focus of any charges or lawsuits resulting from an at-fault and even not-at-fault accident. In that case, the company might as well just hand over signed checks and allow the lawyers to fill in the blanks.

It's all about litigation today. Sure, it might not be right, but it is the way things are.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:03 AM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

I figured something like that..

BTW
I didnt know you are acctualy Heartland, I applied there sometimes ago and am still getting the cards today.

I must say that you guys are very well managed and would be in my top 3 choices if i would ever return to van.. :!:

Thanx .