User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2008, 02:38 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Dac Clean up? Wearner

OK so a friend of a friend of mine says he worked for Werner for about 6 months. He got laid off along with about 100 other guys. after awhile he went looking for another job. when he applied they said he had a few backing accidents on his DAC. He said it never happened. He says when you compare the dates to his DDL he wasn't even in the area. I guess even when he wasn't working for them any more, they called him to comment on a accident he was in and he didn't even drive for them at the time. he has been driving a school bus for 8 months now. I have 3 ?'s One douse this sound like BS to you? and Two anyone have a problem with Warner f'ing up on their record keeping? and 3 is there any way to clean it up?
thanks for the help...
Old 03-23-2008, 03:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Did he logoff the qcom when he left?

Did he get the log print outs for that time period?

Just thinking out loud here. Maybe the next person that got his truck didn't logon with his ID and they are the one that had the backing accidents.

Has he contacted Werner and DAC?
Old 03-23-2008, 05:16 AM

i don't know about the logging off thing, he says he has the print outs. called DAC and they said that the company has to take it off and it sounds like Werner isn't much help.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Senior Board Member

What he needs to do is write a letter to DAC that specifically states the error(s) on his DAC report and why they are wrong. If he has documentation to back up his claim he should send copies of that in as well.

What is suppose to happen next is DAC will contact Werner and tell them their entries have been challenged and Werner now has to prove it was correct. If they are unable to the entries come off. All of this is suppose to occur within 30 days of DAC receiving the initial letter from the driver.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:08 PM

from what the driver has said it seems like he would have a great case, but he seems like he has almost given up. So I wounder if i am getting the whole story here. I will send on the information. But I wounder if he really was the one backing into stuff. Other wise I would think you would be a little more pissed off about driving a school bus around for $11/hr.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS
from what the driver has said it seems like he would have a great case, but he seems like he has almost given up. So I wounder if i am getting the whole story here. I will send on the information. But I wounder if he really was the one backing into stuff. Other wise I would think you would be a little more pissed off about driving a school bus around for $11/hr.
Im thinking your suspicions are correct.
Never have I heard the term "Laid Off" (Im a Werner driver), However, there is a similar term..."Suspended". Sounds like he might be down playing what really happened. Makes me wonder, also.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:28 PM

I thought about working for them at one point but with all the stuff you hear I was turned off. I friend of mine started there about a month ago maybe. I only talked to him a couple short times but things seem to be going ok. Don't know if he is making any money there or not. I should give him a call and see what is going on out there.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Senior Board Member

His dac will tell the tale of being ...Discharged/resigned/laid off...also it will say if he is eligeable for re hire Y/N ...

I got Discharged but am eligeable for Re-hire I got myself discharged by constantly butting heads with my 25 yr old dispatcher who thought he was driving the truck from his key board in Omaha :wink: But he was just a punk 25 year old who lacked the skills to manage people , And I have a perpensity towrds arguing my point having to get the last word and always being right ,Which I usually do in a political manner ,but not this time I just got myself in a war of petty bantar over the qualcomm and most negative stuff he said was in phone conversation ...which of course he was not recording himself when being antagonistic or derogatory , And limited his out burst to un-documentable phone conversation wher as I would hang myself with proveable qualcomm nasty messages ...However he is but one Sh!t stain dispatcher at Werner who does not represent the business on the whole , As the only negative thing I can say about Werner is the basic pay package and is about 2 decades behind , But other than that they are probably better organized than most OTR companies if not all , and do offer many driver ammenities that most carriers do not and have never intentionaly reported anything DAC to purpousely have a negative impact on my career or intentionaly shorted my pay Infact a few weeks ago I got my $400.00 bond back in full ....Oh sh!t did I just say something positive on Werner's behalf...please excuse me while I go suckle on the small end of a shot gun .
Old 03-26-2008, 08:15 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's

I got Discharged but am eligeable for Re-hire I got myself discharged by constantly butting heads with my 25 yr old dispatcher who thought he was driving the truck from his key board in Omaha :wink: But he was just a punk 25 year old who lacked the skills to manage people
I really doubt the dispatcher was a punk.... most likely it was you. :lol:
Old 03-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's

I got Discharged but am eligeable for Re-hire I got myself discharged by constantly butting heads with my 25 yr old dispatcher who thought he was driving the truck from his key board in Omaha :wink: But he was just a punk 25 year old who lacked the skills to manage people
I really doubt the dispatcher was a punk.... most likely it was you. :lol:

Well I am a punk ...but a responsible one ... :wink:

Before the family feud started between dispatcher and myself I took a leave of abscence to look for better paying work ...when I called him from my house which is 1hr from the denver terminal I told him I was taking a leave , and asked if I could wait 2 days to empty the truck so I could do it one trip ...he said sure no problem ...well i get along with the staff the Denver terminal very well , so I was privilaged to seeing a few things ...such as his opening of my truck for issue the same day following our phone conversation which lead to all my things being removed from the truck and put into storage and I went to canada often so I kept my Raised letter birth cert in my truick filed away ...which got lost in shuffe of emptying when being re-issued after my dispatcher opened the truck .

He called me during my leave asking me if I had found the "magic" 40-50k dollar a year job ...with tone of ridicule towards me thinking I could do better than 30k .

sat me for 7 days waiting for a load after I said I no longer was training .

Gave the go ahead to remove me from the truck I was driving to issue it to another account because I did not want to buy it .

even after I quit as a trainer he would not remove me from trainer status ...this means I was taking a .02 CPM deduction by staying listed as a trainer...his reasonn stated was if you want to train again you will have to do another re cert course ...I couldn't have made it more clear I was never training again and if I did inqyuire about to have me drug tested immediately... He corrected the issue...then 2 pay checks later I was showing the trainer pay again ...and when I called him he once again stated he kept listed as a trainer for the same reason as before ...

There is more than this but this was stuff that actually sparked the feud that got me in trouble by way of running my mouth ...or should I say qualcomm key pad .... :wink: